2022 AND 2023 classes. Where did we go wrong?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2022 AND 2023 classes. Where did we go wrong?

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 04, 2023 6:14 am

This is nuts. Just picked up Kendre Miller in a 14 teamer at 2.06 because he fell that far in this crazy draft adverse year. I’ve been able to completely rebuild my devastated RB room in 1 year with the additions of Charbonnet at 1.10 and now Miller in addition to Bijan. And my leaguemates are pretty darn good at this FF stuff.

I don’t know wth is going on, but I’m sure not complaining. This draft is just ripe with opportunity. People ought to seriously think about trading heavily into it IMO. Either that or I’m completely clueless, which is always a possibility..,

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 04, 2023 6:23 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:14 am This is nuts. Just picked up Kendre Miller in a 14 teamer at 2.06 because he fell that far in this crazy draft adverse year. I’ve been able to completely rebuild my devastated RB room in 1 year with the additions of Charbonnet at 1.10 and now Miller in addition to Bijan. And my leaguemates are pretty darn good at this FF stuff.

I don’t know wth is going on, but I’m sure not complaining. This draft is just ripe with opportunity. People ought to seriously think about trading heavily into it IMO. Either that or I’m completely clueless, which is always a possibility..,
Opportunity is the right word. No telling if Miller and Charbonnet are anything more than RB2 on their own team but at least they have opportunity.

Miller looks like he fell 4-6 spots where I figure he would go in a league that size so good value there.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 04, 2023 6:40 am

I'm ready to draft Kendre in the late 1st tbh. Great Value in mid 2nd

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu May 04, 2023 6:55 am

i mean, for a 2TEs SF league it's still a pretty good class on paper (meaning that you're happy owning a 1st even if it's late).

SF/TEP people say the draft is stacked, people with different league settings tag along, and reverberation does the rest.
not that everything is explained by this, but i think it played a part on the "over-hype" (and i agree that we don't know how this class will turn out, it's just that many people are underwhelmed by late 1sts this year, while it wasn't as bad even last year in a supposedly week class).

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu May 04, 2023 7:36 am

nathanq42 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:51 am I've said it before and I'll say it again. This class could have been bonkers, but it seems like no one did ANYTHING this year to improve on last season. That is where we went "wrong", if everyone coming out this year tore it up this season like they did last year/had even better results it would have been a bunch of Sophmores migrating from late first value guys to early-mid first value guys, but instead we went the opposite way and they migrated from late first to mid second value guys and we are left scratching our heads.

Boutte - fell off a cliff
JSN - injured
Addison - Nothing spectacular but nothing detrimental other than a weak combine
QJ - Lack luster season
Downs - Terrible draft capital
Corum - Torn knee and back to school
Gibbs - See Addison but had a good combine
Charbs - improved his stock IMO
Achane - See Gibbs
Bigsby - see QJ
Evans - See QJ + weak combine

On top of all that the draft yielded a tonne of less than ideal landing spots for FF purposes
I think this kind of hits it on the head. When projecting out classes I look at:
1. Who’s performed (basically yardage leaders) and eligible
2. What are their analytics (Mostly for WRs, but high DRs/BA for RBs at least helps me find prospects) and listed physical measurables?
3. What are their high school athletics (if they have them)?
4. I finally check the tape if they seem interesting.
5. Also check “top __ rankings”. Generally everybody knows top prospects, but I like scrolling to the bottom for latter half of the rankings/honorable mentions. Helps find some prospects early in process.

There were a lot of really solid prospects coming into last year from the above guidelines.
I honestly believe if JSN had played the whole season/dominated and Corum had come out we’d be looking at this draft in a different light. Would have made this draft like at least 7 deep into the 1st for 1QB PPR which is all you can really ask for.
The WRs, before this whole process started, looked quite good with the top being Addison/JSN/Boutte and Flowers/Downs being the next tier. None of those players other than Flowers really dominated last year, so not much you can do there.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards