burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2023 Offseason Buys and Sells

Postby burntfire » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:47 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:55 pm
Two Cents wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:50 am
murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:58 pm

umm, maybe you should invest a couple more cents...

Ben is fifth in NFL history in completions (5,410), eighth in attempts (8,399), and sixth in yards per attempt (7.60).
Over the course of 16 seasons and 249 games (418 TD passes)....................
in comparison in 16 seasons and 266 games Manning had 6100 completions (539 TD's)
in 14 seasons as a starter and 240 games Phillip Rivers had about 5300 and 420 TD passes

Im not saying Big Ben was not a great NFL QB, but he was not consistently a top fantasy QB1 year in and year out. If you look at his year to year, he was mostly a back end QB1,/high end QB2 - which is still solid to get from someone every year. He had spurts of top 5 finishes, but his money spot was usually low end QB1/mid range QB2....9/17 years he had over 25 pass TD's, 7/17 he had less than 25 pass TD's (1 year injured). I can keep going if you'd like to have this debate. Phillip Rivers only had 4 seasons below 25 TD's - 2 his 1st 2 years starting and 2 his final years starting. That means he went 10 straight years over 25 pass TD's whereas Ben was up and down his entire career.

¢¢

¢¢
You didn't play fantasy during Ben and River's prime by this response. The game has changed, fair enough. Career fantasy points per game over a career of the players I think of excelling in the same era.

Peyton Manning 17.8
Tom Brady 17.2
Big Ben 15.7
Phillip Rivers 14.2
Eli Manning 13.5

Stop, Ben was a consistent top NFL fantasy QB for all but his recent years.
Am I the only one that thinks Pickett will be a very decent/good QB? He looked strides better at the end of the season. One could only hope he could be as.. inconsistent.. as Big Ben.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:49 pm

Truly cannot believe the Steelers are bringing Canada back as the OC. One of the most unimaginative play-callers in the league producing average-to-below-average results for the past 3 years. I know Ben was old and Pickett a Rookie, but his idea of exotic play-calling was the most rudimentary of jet sweeps twice a game to Chase Claypool. Didn't move DJ around or scheme him open intermediate routes, used Pickens as just a 9-route (maybe that's all he is) and continued to pound Najee 20+ times up the middle for the past two seasons.

DJ / Pickens / Friermuth / Harris / Warren isn't a premiere group of skill players in this league, but they are worlds better than what Canada has gotten out of them recently.

Was optimistic about this offense rebounding, DJ in particular, next season with a better OC. Now, I'm not so sure :thumbdown:
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:22 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:49 pm Truly cannot believe the Steelers are bringing Canada back as the OC. One of the most unimaginative play-callers in the league producing average-to-below-average results for the past 3 years. I know Ben was old and Pickett a Rookie, but his idea of exotic play-calling was the most rudimentary of jet sweeps twice a game to Chase Claypool. Didn't move DJ around or scheme him open intermediate routes, used Pickens as just a 9-route (maybe that's all he is) and continued to pound Najee 20+ times up the middle for the past two seasons.

DJ / Pickens / Friermuth / Harris / Warren isn't a premiere group of skill players in this league, but they are worlds better than what Canada has gotten out of them recently.

Was optimistic about this offense rebounding, DJ in particular, next season with a better OC. Now, I'm not so sure :thumbdown:
Exactly. The entire Pittsburgh offense went from buy to hold. I'll just have to refrain from selling low.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

willistylz1979
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby willistylz1979 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:34 am

How is everyone feeling about Akers this year and going forward? I assume that most owners would say sell while he has a slight value bump from end of year. I’m debating on buying as a throw in to Burks for 1.04 trade. Still wavering as I really like Burks, but concerned about QB situation etc.
Back to Akers, is the end of the year bump fools gold since he was playing some bad run defenses. He looked really good though ripping off 10 yard gains and catching some balls. Definitely seems more confident now that he’s had time to heal. Getting back Kupp and Stafford is a plus also.
12 Team MFL Classic League PPR
1-QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-3 TE, Flex RB/WR/TE
QB- Stafford, Bryce
RB- Swift, Pierce, Hunt, CEH
WR- A.J Brown, Diggs, Godwin, Flowers, Pickens, Mims, Beckham, Demario Douglas, Shakir, Wicks
TE- Freiermuth, Kmet, Mayer
Picks - 1.04 2.04 3.04

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB: Herbert, Tua
RB: Barkley, Dillon, Achane, Akers, D.Harris
WR: Godwin, Jefferson, DeVonta, C.Watson, Ridley, Jamo, Sutton, E.Moore, M.Williams, Gabe D
TE: Kelce, Mayer
Own all my 24-25 Picks

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB- Love, DJ
RB- Jacobs, J.Cook, Tank, Mattison
WR- Chase, Evans, Pittman, Bateman, Cooper, MT, Mike Williams, T.Burks, Skyy, G. Pickens, M.Wilson
TE- Laporta, Njoku
Own all my 24-25 Picks

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:25 pm

willistylz1979 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:34 am How is everyone feeling about Akers this year and going forward? I assume that most owners would say sell while he has a slight value bump from end of year. I’m debating on buying as a throw in to Burks for 1.04 trade. Still wavering as I really like Burks, but concerned about QB situation etc.
Back to Akers, is the end of the year bump fools gold since he was playing some bad run defenses. He looked really good though ripping off 10 yard gains and catching some balls. Definitely seems more confident now that he’s had time to heal. Getting back Kupp and Stafford is a plus also.
Given the roster moves the Rams have made recently I don't think they're gonna be a good football team in 23' as a serious contender. SF and SEA are better football teams. LA can compete with AZ for last place.

I have heard this echo'd from multiple fantasy channels and sources. Some think they will be extremely bad. Which just leads to more passing.

McVay is extremely stubborn in his offensive scheme. I think the only piece you want is Cooper Kupp. Also maybe Higbee at a discount.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:27 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:25 pm
willistylz1979 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:34 am How is everyone feeling about Akers this year and going forward? I assume that most owners would say sell while he has a slight value bump from end of year. I’m debating on buying as a throw in to Burks for 1.04 trade. Still wavering as I really like Burks, but concerned about QB situation etc.
Given the roster moves the Rams have made recently I don't think they're gonna be a good football team in 23' as a serious contender. SF and SEA are better football teams. LA can compete with AZ for last place.

I have heard this echo'd from multiple fantasy channels and sources. Some think they will be extremely bad. Which just leads to more passing.

McVay is extremely stubborn in his offensive scheme. I think the only piece you want is Cooper Kupp. Also maybe Higbee at a discount.
I think Akers is a hold. He’s worth probably as much as a late first and oddly has similar risk/reward as a late first rookie pick. Pick your favor Imo.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:33 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:50 pm
mild wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:30 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:20 am QB- Murray, Lawrence, D Jones (max 2)
RB- Kamara, Barkley, B Robinson, J Wilson, Pacheco, Herbert
WR- Lamb, Pittman, Hill, D Moore, Jamison Williams, A Pierce, Shaheed, Hodgins
TE- Goedert, Likely, Okonkwo

Keep the bolded. Sell the underlined. Pacheco was a both as I'm not sure what to think of him. He could go either way. Probably a sell if you can get something decent in return, but not a force sell. I like Hodgins and Chig as keepers too just based on potential upside. If Slayton walks then Hodgins is worth holding onto.
Daniel Jones is one of the sneakiest acquires in Superflex right now.

I wouldn't trade him away just for the fun of it. Arrow is pointing straight up in Big Blue offensively.
You're right. I went the wrong way. Trade Murray. Keep Danny.
I have him in a 16 team, SF with high point for Running.

No takers.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:48 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:25 pm I have heard this echo'd from multiple fantasy channels and sources. Some think they will be extremely bad. Which just leads to more passing.
james robinson had 1400 total yards and 10 TDs (in 14 games) for a team that was so bad got 1.01 twice in a row.
cam akers himself had a few good games with a team that won't be too different (and yes, they would have passed more if they had stafford under centre, but they would have also been "less bad" if that was the case).

i wouldn't give much weight to the rams being bad.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:50 pm

If I sell he’ll pop off, if I hold he’ll be terrible.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:03 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:50 pm If I sell he’ll pop off, if I hold he’ll be terrible.
Keep me posted on what you do :)
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:07 am

Julius Chestnut has seen a value spike, presumably on the rumors of a Henry trade.

With Wentz released and being the leader for starter week 1, Howell seems like a value for a back end 2nd in SF. Plus, he gets bienimy as his OC.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:48 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:07 am Julius Chestnut has seen a value spike, presumably on the rumors of a Henry trade.

With Wentz released and being the leader for starter week 1, Howell seems like a value for a back end 2nd in SF. Plus, he gets bienimy as his OC.
not Hassan Haskins?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:32 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:48 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:07 am Julius Chestnut has seen a value spike, presumably on the rumors of a Henry trade.

not Hassan Haskins?
For all the flaws of KTC, Haskins is still more highly valued there. However, while Chestnut was the player seeing the most value growth in their database recently, Haskins has actually seen his value decline over the same period.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:35 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:48 pm

not Hassan Haskins?
i remember chestnut getting some hype last off-season, "back-up to own" and stuff like that. but considering the numbers they had this season and the draft capital, it won't be chestnut. it won't be haskins either if henry is traded, mind, they'll get someone else.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:55 pm

I think both Haskins and Chestnut would be easily replaced, or at least forced into a time share, by like... 6 RB's at least, in this incoming draft.

I'm not buying any veteran RB's until the draft is done.