2023 Offseason Buys and Sells

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

2023 Offseason Buys and Sells

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:39 pm

Who you think are good buy/sell options this offseason? The ones that come to mind right away-

Ekeler- receiving splits this year with/without Keenan Allen are interesting with the talk Allen is on a new team next year.

Akers- he's either a buy based on recovering from his injury last year and the late season run this year of rushing and receiving, or he's a sell based on that end season string of performances, if you don't believe in the talent long term. The HC questions (scheme downgrade) and current bellcow role (limited cap to add competition) can be a factor as well.

Zach Wilson- people focus on him saying the offense wasn't to blame for a bad loss, but I didn't like a later press conference where he said he just wanted to go out there and ball and have fun. He's given no indication about his ability to study a playbook and play within the scheme. Ie sell him for whatever I could get.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2023 Offseason Buys and Sells

Postby Two Cents » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 pm

All I can say is that Im glad I traded Jacobs at the end of November for Cam Akers, Nico Collins, a 1st (1.11 that I ended up flipping for Schultz in a TEP) and 2nd. Aside from that 50 point game, I have pretty much won that trade since. And with Carr on his way out the fortunes could flip.

With that said, I think Cam Akers is going to be a great buy low this offseason and this may be a great time to kick the tire on Jacobs and get a solid rebuilding haul.

¢¢
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:47 pm

Two Cents wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 pm All I can say is that Im glad I traded Jacobs at the end of November for Cam Akers, Nico Collins, a 1st (1.11 that I ended up flipping for Schultz in a TEP) and 2nd. Aside from that 50 point game, I have pretty much won that trade since. And with Carr on his way out the fortunes could flip.

With that said, I think Cam Akers is going to be a great buy low this offseason and this may be a great time to kick the tire on Jacobs and get a solid rebuilding haul.

¢¢
You're celebrating giving up the RB1 in fantasy for 2022 and saying you won the trade? :shock: :lol:

Did you win your league too... or was that the Jacobs owner...

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:52 pm

This is very subjective, and can change easily from person to person.
I would say that you could make an argument for buying or selling all 3 of the players that you mention.

My sells would be: Austin Ekeler, Josh Jacobs, CMC, Tony Pollard, Rhamondre Stevenson, Stefon Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Tyler Lockett, Amari Cooper, Travis Kelce, Geno Smith

My buys would be: Khalil Herbert, James Cook, Rachaad White, Jaylen Warren, Christian Kirk, Diontae Johnson, Drake London, Donovan Peoples-Jones, George Pickens, Christian Watson, Jahan Dotson, Deebo Samuel, Marquise Brown, KJ Osborn, Wan'Dale Robinson, Elijah Moore, David Bell, Skyy Moore, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Kenny Pickett, Baker Mayfield, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray.

As you can probably tell by looking at the names on my list, I am a sell high/buy low kind of manager.
That is why I look to sell players coming off very good seasons, and look to buy players who are injured or have had struggles recently.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:14 pm

Buy Garrett Wilson even if it’s high.

Buy Drake London, somehow he is still gonna be a buy low this offseason because people aren’t smart

Buy Jameson Williams while you still can

Sell Chris Olave, sorry I’ve said this on other posts, just don’t see him as a huge ceiling player and if you can get one of these top 23 RBs or QBs in superflex for him I think you should

Sell Justin Fields, great fantasy player but the team still really stinks, not sure how his real life team feels about him

Sell Swift while you still can

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:51 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:52 pm This is very subjective, and can change easily from person to person.
I would say that you could make an argument for buying or selling all 3 of the players that you mention.

My sells would be: Austin Ekeler, Josh Jacobs, CMC, Tony Pollard, Rhamondre Stevenson, Stefon Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Tyler Lockett, Amari Cooper, Travis Kelce, Geno Smith

My buys would be: Khalil Herbert, James Cook, Rachaad White, Jaylen Warren, Christian Kirk, Diontae Johnson, Drake London, Donovan Peoples-Jones, George Pickens, Christian Watson, Jahan Dotson, Deebo Samuel, Marquise Brown, KJ Osborn, Wan'Dale Robinson, Elijah Moore, David Bell, Skyy Moore, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Kenny Pickett, Baker Mayfield, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray.

As you can probably tell by looking at the names on my list, I am a sell high/buy low kind of manager.
That is why I look to sell players coming off very good seasons, and look to buy players who are injured or have had struggles recently.
Honestly, this reads more of "buy youth, sell age" for most of these. Curious why you think Pollard's a sell, same with Stevenson.
For the buys, seems odd to call Bell a buy when you think DPJ is one top, maybe explained by calling Amari a sell. Likely showed he's Andrews' handcuff, so unless you have a deep roster and are buying the talent for when his rookie deal is done, I don't get it. I see a reason to think Osborn, but still interested in hearing the reasoning.

As an aside, you a Pittsburgh fan? Only offensive main guys not listed are Freiermuth and Najee.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:56 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:47 pm
Two Cents wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 pm All I can say is that Im glad I traded Jacobs at the end of November for Cam Akers, Nico Collins, a 1st (1.11 that I ended up flipping for Schultz in a TEP) and 2nd. Aside from that 50 point game, I have pretty much won that trade since. And with Carr on his way out the fortunes could flip.

¢¢
You're celebrating giving up the RB1 in fantasy for 2022 and saying you won the trade? :shock: :lol:

Well this Tight End premium league has pretty deep rosters and starting requirements including 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WR's, 2 TE's and 3 flex spots and 1 SF. The best teams in the league have had solid TE's so I was willing to make the swap from Jacobs to Akers in order to a) get younger b) get more depth c) acquire a premium TE and a 2nd round pick. I like Jacobs, but I think he will regress next year, while Akers has an opportunity to ascend. I don't see Jacobs as enough of a difference maker at the position to be a Nico Collins, Schultz and 2nd above Akers. So to answer your questions

1. The Jacobs owner got crushed in the championship....

2. Compare the last 6 weeks
Akers: 104 rushes -512 yards - 6 TD's, 11 catches - 99 yards
Jacobs: 124 rushes - 494 yards - 3 TD's, 13 catches - 75 yards

So to answer the question, yes I am celebrating. Celebrating the opportunity to get a premium staple at TE, and be ahead of the curve with Akers.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:23 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:51 pm
MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:52 pm This is very subjective, and can change easily from person to person.

Honestly, this reads more of "buy youth, sell age" for most of these. Curious why you think Pollard's a sell, same with Stevenson.
For the buys, seems odd to call Bell a buy when you think DPJ is one top, maybe explained by calling Amari a sell. Likely showed he's Andrews' handcuff, so unless you have a deep roster and are buying the talent for when his rookie deal is done, I don't get it. I see a reason to think Osborn, but still interested in hearing the reasoning.

As an aside, you a Pittsburgh fan? Only offensive main guys not listed are Freiermuth and Najee.
NOT a Pittsburgh fan, Eagles fan.

Buy youth, sell age is a fairly common philosophy in dynasty leagues.
Though I don't want to buy young players who have already hit, because they are the most expensive.

I am curious as to why you seem offended by my buy youth, sell age philosophy, but then demand to know why I am selling the two younger RB's.

Because I do not just base this on age alone, I base it on age and success.
I want to sell high, period. Which is why last off-season was my sell Jonathan Taylor tour.
My reasoning is that I felt that Jonathan Taylor's value would never be higher than it was after the 2021 season.

Pollard and Stevenson were both top 8 RB's in PPR in 2022, and I highly doubt their value will ever be higher.
That's it, and it's not just purely based on age, but generally younger players have more years left to play than older players.

Pollard could well end up on another team, and a worse situation than he has in Dallas.
Same concerns I have for Dalton Schultz, who is another sell high candidate for me, but I didn't put him on the list because he did not have a great 2022 season, so probably can't sell high.

I know that Harris is probably out of NE, but Belechick is still the coach in NE, and Belechick is on record as saying that the reason he likes to rotate RB's is so none of them can expect a BIG payday due to numbers.

Pats drafted 2 RB's in 2022, and probably draft another RB in 2023, and keep that rotating Pats backfield revolving just to frustrate fantasy owners. If a Patriot RB has a top 8 RB season, you know it's time to sell him, because Belechick is still coach, and the inevitable will reign once again.

Basically sell high, which is my same feelings for Pollard and Stevenson

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:37 pm

Two Cents wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:56 pm

¢¢

Well this Tight End premium league has pretty deep rosters and starting requirements including 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WR's, 2 TE's and 3 flex spots and 1 SF. The best teams in the league have had solid TE's so I was willing to make the swap from Jacobs to Akers in order to a) get younger b) get more depth c) acquire a premium TE and a 2nd round pick. I like Jacobs, but I think he will regress next year, while Akers has an opportunity to ascend. I don't see Jacobs as enough of a difference maker at the position to be a Nico Collins, Schultz and 2nd above Akers. So to answer your questions

So to answer the question, yes I am celebrating. Celebrating the opportunity to get a premium staple at TE, and be ahead of the curve with Akers.
Not trying to rain on your parade, but Schultz is a very shaky TE right now, as with upcoming contracts to Lamb, Parsons, etc., and bringing in two rookie TE's in 2022, Schultz is looking like the odd man out in Dallas.
Also, Schultz is not a uber-talent TE, more like a guy in the right place at the right time.
Schultz reminds me of Austin Hooper with the Falcons in 2019.

Akers, yeah, good luck with that.
You can spin the numbers any way you like, but in the end you traded away the RB3 for the RB36.
Jacobs has 3 straight RB1 finishes, Akers has finishes as RB36 and RB45 in the 2 seasons he played.
Akers also may be losing his coach and QB.

This is why there should be no collusion in leagues, because some people just have very bad takes.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:41 pm

Im trying to buy DeVonta Smith and Kyle Pitts everywhere.
Buy any RB2-4 for as cheap as possible.
Kyler is a solid buy
Daniel Jones is a buy for me if the price is right
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:51 pm

Dak is a buy for me. I predicted beforehand (pun intended) that he'd have a down year after his return. He came back from a throwing hand injury too soon.

I still think he's a 2nd tier QB behind the elite guys, he's got enough track record to show it, and he's still fairly young. If he's discounted, I'm buying.

Akers is a sell to me. More of a guy you use to package for an upgrade, than trade for a random pick. IF you bought a month ago, good for you. THAT, was the time to buy. With McVay's uncertainty, and his lack of pass catching through 3 years, I don't see it, beyond a flex player. TD dependant, due to that. Would not feel comfortable with him beyond my RB3. I don't think he has the same explosiveness as pre-injury, but definitely looks better. That team is a dumpster fire in the making though, and I don't want a part of that offense.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Joshuarobbins875
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Joshuarobbins875 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:04 am

Selling: Ekeler (TD regression coming), Josh Jacobs, James Conner, King Henry. I am looking to sell off some of the RBs entering or fully in the age apex.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:19 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:37 pm
Two Cents wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:56 pm

Not trying to rain on your parade, but Schultz is a very shaky TE right now, as with upcoming contracts to Lamb, Parsons, etc., and bringing in two rookie TE's in 2022, Schultz is looking like the odd man out in Dallas.
Also, Schultz is not a uber-talent TE, more like a guy in the right place at the right time.
Schultz reminds me of Austin Hooper with the Falcons in 2019.

Akers, yeah, good luck with that.
You can spin the numbers any way you like, but in the end you traded away the RB3 for the RB36.
Jacobs has 3 straight RB1 finishes, Akers has finishes as RB36 and RB45 in the 2 seasons he played.
Akers also may be losing his coach and QB.

This is why there should be no collusion in leagues, because some people just have very bad takes.
I am here as well. Schultz is a TE1, but elite he is not. This statement is the crux though.

I don't see Jacobs as enough of a difference maker at the position to be a Nico Collins, Schultz and 2nd above Akers.

If you feel this way, then congrats on the trade. I disagree pretty heavily. IF Akers maintains a semblance of how he finished the year, maybe I can see this if I squint, but odds are he won't.

Not a trade I would have made, not my team though
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Postby ThirdWW » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:20 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:14 pm Buy Garrett Wilson even if it’s high.

Buy Drake London, somehow he is still gonna be a buy low this offseason because people aren’t smart

Buy Jameson Williams while you still can
My team loves this
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1, 4.10
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, cans
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 2.11, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:20 am

Imo all these guys are league dependent because Ive seen everything from not worth a first to being valued at top end guys
QB-lance, fields, Watson
Rb-swift, all the 2017 rbs+Chubb
Wr-jameson Williams, drake, Watson, Pickens, Jeudy, Hollywood, ridley