Should I trade for a QB? - SF Rebuild with tons of DC

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
colt77
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Should I trade for a QB? - SF Rebuild with tons of DC

Postby colt77 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:49 am

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:41 am
colt77 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:01 am
zaner75 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:52 pm

If I had any of the top 7 QBs, I wouldn't really be looking to move off of any of them for a severe downgrade to Baker and draft picks. So if you can get a deal for Dak or Lamar without moving any 23 picks, I would be definitely be exploring that possibility because elite QB is the hardest position to fill. Maybe you get lucky with a rookie, but I don't see anyone in this rookie class getting there. Even some of the lustre of Lawrence has worn off after witnessing a mediocre year.
Pivoting to Lance was a solid suggestion and likely not to be as pricey.
If it were me, I would be exploring those trade avenues. If it's too expensive (3+ firsts) then I fall back on using the picks but any of the top 7 have the age window on their side where they will still be scoring at that level when you need them to in 2023 thus making them worth trying to acquire. If you're counting on a rookie QB to be scoring for you in 2023, then you're likely not competing.
I ended up trading for Dak. Sent the 1.03, 1.09, and Mayfield for Dak and a 2024 2nd. I feel pretty good about it, and now I can relax a bit about that position being locked down.
In the end, I think this is a very solid deal based on price and who you landed. Nice deal. Mayfield is a huge gamble and getting a 2nd back makes this even better. Congrats on getting the deal made and for a good price!
Thanks Gator, I really wanted to cash out some of that draft capital on a proven asset and Dak should be able to play at a high level for at least another 5 seasons, and now I don't have to feel obligated to reach on a Qb anymore and can go BPA
12 Man SF 2point TE Premium PPR 6pt passing Tds - Lineup req. - Qb, 2 Rbs, 3 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Flex, SF, K, D
Qbs: Justin Herbert, Dak Prescott, Trevor Lawrence
Rbs: Barkley, Breece Hall, Javonte Williams, Swift, Jamaal Williams
Wrs: Deebo Samuel, Olave, Diontae Johnson, Odell, Bateman, Nico Collins
TEs: Kyle Pitts, Higbee, Kittle, Okonkwo
K: Gay
D: -Steelers

12 Man 1 QB PPR - Lineup req. - Qb, 2 Rbs, 2 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, D 2021 -Picks- 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.01, 3.04
Qbs: Lamar Jackson, Hurts, Tua
Rbs: Barkley, Swift, Akers, Gus Edwards, Henderson, Lindsey, Rhamondre Stevenson
Wrs: Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, Bateman, Odell Beckham, Tee Higgins, Cooper Kupp, Nico Collins
TEs: Kittle, Pitts, Jacob Harris
K: Butker

pmart33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pmart33 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:03 am

I like the trade. It's great to acquire draft capital, but sometimes you have to turn it into established players. Despite what can be considered an off year, Dak is still a core piece of a SF roster. I see Mayfield being a bad stretch of games away from losing his job, and 1.09 is a big question mark this year. 1.03 should be a quality asset, but I'm happy to send it out the door for Dak.
For Podcasts, Blogs and more please visit:
https://www.sundaysurefire.com/

Team 1
12 Team .5 PPR
Starters 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Hurts Love Cousins
RB CMC Stevenson Ekeler Mostert Spiller
WR Hill Puka Aiyuk Cooper
TE McBride

Team 2
12 Team PPR SF TE Prem
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Williams, A-Rich, Daniels
RB J. Wright Hull
WR Nabers Flowers C. Watson Burton Mingo
TE McBride Musgrave Mayer Fant

7 2025 1sts
5 2026 1sts
2 2027 1sts

Team 3
12 Team PPR SF
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Burrow Purdy Penix Howell
RB Taylor Hall Kyren Pollard Z. White Dowdle
WR Lamb Puka Deebo Dionte McConkey M. Williams Zay Jones
TE Njoku Fant Hill

Team 4
12 Team .5 PPR SF TE Prem 1 PPR
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Purdy Cousins Watson Levis Fields
RB Bijan Gibbs Barkley Walker Kyren Brooks
WR Lamb Hill Kupp Dell Diontae McConkey E. Moore Mims Pierce
TE Hockenson Goedert

2 2025 1sts
4 2026 1sts

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:50 am

colt77 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:01 am
zaner75 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:52 pm
colt77 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:19 pm

Dak and Lamar are the only two on the block really, I don't think the Allen, Herbert, Mahomes, Burrow owners would be willing to do anything with me and then maaaaybe the Kyler owner, but i don't even really want to touch kyler rn
If I had any of the top 7 QBs, I wouldn't really be looking to move off of any of them for a severe downgrade to Baker and draft picks. So if you can get a deal for Dak or Lamar without moving any 23 picks, I would be definitely be exploring that possibility because elite QB is the hardest position to fill. Maybe you get lucky with a rookie, but I don't see anyone in this rookie class getting there. Even some of the lustre of Lawrence has worn off after witnessing a mediocre year.
Pivoting to Lance was a solid suggestion and likely not to be as pricey.
If it were me, I would be exploring those trade avenues. If it's too expensive (3+ firsts) then I fall back on using the picks but any of the top 7 have the age window on their side where they will still be scoring at that level when you need them to in 2023 thus making them worth trying to acquire. If you're counting on a rookie QB to be scoring for you in 2023, then you're likely not competing.
I ended up trading for Dak. Sent the 1.03, 1.09, and Mayfield for Dak and a 2024 2nd. I feel pretty good about it, and now I can relax a bit about that position being locked down.
Dak isn't a guy I'm going after right now, but I like it.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

colt77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby colt77 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:02 pm

pmart33 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:03 am I like the trade. It's great to acquire draft capital, but sometimes you have to turn it into established players. Despite what can be considered an off year, Dak is still a core piece of a SF roster. I see Mayfield being a bad stretch of games away from losing his job, and 1.09 is a big question mark this year. 1.03 should be a quality asset, but I'm happy to send it out the door for Dak.
Yea that's how I felt. He was going to do 1.05, but wanted 1.03, so I negotiated the 2024 2nd as payment to move up those 2 spots. Plus, keeping 1.01 feels like a huge win to me, even though there's no clear 1.01. I also gave him 1.09, so I kept 1.08. But yea, Dak should be a core piece for me and hopefully Lawrence kicks it into gear as my QB2
12 Man SF 2point TE Premium PPR 6pt passing Tds - Lineup req. - Qb, 2 Rbs, 3 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Flex, SF, K, D
Qbs: Justin Herbert, Dak Prescott, Trevor Lawrence
Rbs: Barkley, Breece Hall, Javonte Williams, Swift, Jamaal Williams
Wrs: Deebo Samuel, Olave, Diontae Johnson, Odell, Bateman, Nico Collins
TEs: Kyle Pitts, Higbee, Kittle, Okonkwo
K: Gay
D: -Steelers

12 Man 1 QB PPR - Lineup req. - Qb, 2 Rbs, 2 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, D 2021 -Picks- 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.01, 3.04
Qbs: Lamar Jackson, Hurts, Tua
Rbs: Barkley, Swift, Akers, Gus Edwards, Henderson, Lindsey, Rhamondre Stevenson
Wrs: Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, Bateman, Odell Beckham, Tee Higgins, Cooper Kupp, Nico Collins
TEs: Kittle, Pitts, Jacob Harris
K: Butker