Trent Richardson is a beast, not a bust

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Papa_Squid
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Trent Richardson is a beast, not a bust

Postby Papa_Squid » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:48 am

I am kind of "all in" on Trich going forward. For no other reason than through a bevy of trades - he ended up as my defaco RB2. I do wonder what the hell happened to such a prized, sought after talent. I have to think there is a rebound here. I enjoyed the article - I don't buy all of it. But, just seeing Richardson and beast in the same sentance made me happy. Cross your fingers!

SIFPP!
12 team *20 man rosters-15 keepers /1QB/2RB/2WR/1WR-TE/1TE/DEF/1IDP/K/
**Non PPR - 6pt all TDs** Est. 2010
QB:Stafford,
RB: AP, T. West , CMike, McKinnon,Trich, Crowell
WR: Julio, DT, Cobb, Torrey Smith, Jarvis Landry
TE: Cameron, Eifert,
**2015 Draft Picks Round: 2.03, 2.09, 2.10, 3.10**

One Trick Pony
12 team *19 man rosters-16 keepers 1QB/1RB/1RB-WR/2WR/1WR-TE/1TE/K (No DEF)
**Non PPR - 6pt all TDs** Est. 2014
QB:Rodgers, RGIII,
RB:AP, Sankey, Crowell, T.West, L. Murray, Theo Riddick, David Cobb, Buck Allen,
WR:AJG, Jordy Nelson, Nuk Hopkins, A.Robinson, Moncrief, Tavon Austin
TE:Eifert, L. Green
**2016 Draft Picks Round 2-5**

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Jules wins the thread.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:09 pm

In a live redraft league, my friend who picked 8th overall took TRich in the 1st round.

Everyone else just gasped, and one guy goes "...... wow....."

Some people REALLY believe, while others have given up. There's very little middle ground.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Jules wrote:Image
Hey, as long as he gets the ball on the 2 yard line every time he touches it...

Unknown
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Unknown » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:22 pm

voiceofunreason wrote:Hey, as long as he gets the ball on the 2 yard line every time he touches it...
He'd only have 96 yards to go!

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Bradshaw is just better...It's like Richardson isn't a burner RB or a bruiser RB. In college he was both but against pro defenses he isn't quite either.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Bradshaw looks pretty good tonight. Looks healthy and fresh. Trent looks boring and slow. And fat.

lostcause
Captain
Captain

Postby lostcause » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Jason3123 wrote:Bradshaw looks pretty good tonight. Looks healthy and fresh. Trent looks boring and slow. And fat.
I am going to say that this is unfair. Trent is not fat or boring - but I would agree he's slow. His straight line speed with a full head of steam would probably be lethal, but he's just not evasive. His physicality isn't powerful enough to deal with the linebackers and DEs he's encountering on the edge in the NFL. His acceleration is horrible and his vision is sub-par. I really can't see him carving out a niche in the NFL with this skill set.

The more I watch, the more I think the Browns got lucky cashing him out for another 1st.

dysrhythmia
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dysrhythmia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:47 pm

after watching tonight's game....I think I'm finally ready to admit that trich just doesn't have what it takes....

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Regardless of Trent or Bradshaw or whoever is in the backfield, if I were a Colts fan, I would be yelling for Pep's head immediately -- fall behind early to finally have the offense click in the 2nd half. It's more of the same crap from last year. NINE RUNS?!?! 9 total runs between Trent AND Bradshaw. Add in the fact that I don't think they even tried back-to-back runs at any point tonight with either guy. 9 RB runs randomly sprinkled regardless of RB is inexcusable as compared to 53 passes from Luck. The play calling is awful. Period. Both Trent and Ahmad had a couple nice runs at a few points in the game, and both were open as outlets more often than Luck would look their way. How do you not abuse the screen game and RB dumpoffs is beyond me. Stop trying to force it Hilton who cannot catch a lick or horrible Fleener.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:03 am

holy_stromboli wrote:Regardless of Trent or Bradshaw or whoever is in the backfield, if I were a Colts fan, I would be yelling for Pep's head immediately -- fall behind early to finally have the offense click in the 2nd half. It's more of the same crap from last year. NINE RUNS?!?! 9 total runs between Trent AND Bradshaw. Add in the fact that I don't think they even tried back-to-back runs at any point tonight with either guy. 9 RB runs randomly sprinkled regardless of RB is inexcusable as compared to 53 passes from Luck. The play calling is awful. Period. Both Trent and Ahmad had a couple nice runs at a few points in the game, and both were open as outlets more often than Luck would look their way. How do you not abuse the screen game and RB dumpoffs is beyond me. Stop trying to force it Hilton who cannot catch a lick or horrible Fleener.
I agree with a lot of this. Honestly, I don't think TRich looked that bad. Opened open with a 5 yard carry. He was carrying a pile of players with every carry. The problems with TRich are well known. He's not fast, he doesn't have great vision, and he's not elusive. TRich could be a productive back, but he needs the workload and he needs to be used properly. Neither of those are going to happen in IND, and I doubt he gets another chance with a different team.

Look how TRich is used though. His 2nd carry of the game has Luck lined up in the Shotgun. They have TRich lined up BEHIND Luck, who is already deep in the backfield. You can't give TRich the ball 6-7 yards in the backfield and expect him to be productive with the touches. Obviously this sais something about TRich's shortcomings as a RB, but the play calling and his overall usage isn't helping matters either. 6/20 for TRich and 3/15 for Bradshaw. Yes the Colts fell in a hole early, but 9 carries? If that's how the game is going to be played in IND, Adrian Peterson wouldn't be productive in that offense.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

NanceUSMC
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NanceUSMC » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:20 am

To be fair, I have to admit that last night was the first time I've really watched TRich intently, and honestly, if that's the best the Colts OL can do in the run game, that's sad... Much of the things said here about TRich are true, but when first contact is routinely coming 2-4 yards BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE, you're really putting your RB at an extreme disadvantage right off the bat... And abandoning the run the way the Colts appear to do (often, not just last night) just exacerbates the issue... I can't see TRich having reliable production until that OL gets things figured out...
10 team Non-PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def), full keeper, 23 man roster, established 2013

QB: Tannehill, Tua
RB: CEH, Swift, Sanders, Bell, Fournette, Etienne
WR: Jones, Hopkins, Chase, D Smith, Bateman, Parker, Fuller, Harry, D Johnson, D Samuel, P Williams, Higgins, Chark
K: Butker
Def: Baltimore, Carolina

Championships: 2015, 2017

2014: 1.01 (Became Watkins)
2015: 1.03, 1.04, 3.04 (Became Gurley, Yeldon, CAP, Robinson UDFA)
2016: 1.10 (Became Fuller)
2017: 1.01, 3.07 (Became Fournette, Henderson)
2018: 2.10 (Became Chark)
2019: 1.04 (Became Harry, Samuel, Williams, Isabella, Johnson)
2020: 1.01, 1.05, 2.01, 3.01 (Became CEH, Swift, Tua, Higgins)
2021: 1.03, 1.08, 2.03, 3.03 (Became Chase, D Smith, Etienne, Bateman)

Rag3aholik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Rag3aholik » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:27 am

Yeah... as much as TRich didn't seem to produce much he didn't have anything to work with at any point last night. In fact I was impressed by his pile-moving ability. I don't know how the Colts expect either him or Bradshaw to gain confidence when they refuse to give each more than one carry per drive.

Sure, he hasn't looked good, but you have to give a player opportunities to succeed before he can succeed. Give up on him or make him the bellcow I don't care, but this stringing along crap is maddening. It's like a popular girl in high school stringing along the nerdy guy and it doesn't help anyone.
Rag3
12 team standard league - Non-PPR - 1 year completed
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Stafford,, Cutler,
RB: Spiller, Ball, Mathews, Gerhart, T-Rich, C. Michael
WR: C. Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, K. Allen,, J. Hunter, D. Rogers
TE: L. Green , J. Cool

Decepticons
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE 3Flex, 1TM
QB: Cam Newton, Kyle Orton, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB: Demarco Murray, Alfred Morris, CJ Anderson Montee Ball, Jonathan Stewart, Jay Ajayi,
WR: Brandon Marshall, K. Allen, D. Hopkins, Davante Adams, Devante Parker, Jarvis Landry, Brandon Lafell, Stedman Bailey, Kenny Britt
TE: Martellus Bennett, Julius Thomas, Josh Hill, Ladarius Green{/size]

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:57 am

This is why Trent is not good: