Give up on Sanu already?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wizo1fan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Give up on Sanu already?

Postby wizo1fan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Jones has hands of stone. Keep Sanu. Long-term he has much more potential than Jones ever will. Just my opinion.
Dynasty League - 12th Year - 2007, 2010 & 2011 Champion

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

QB - Carr, Mariota & Chad Kelly
RB - Cook, Mixon, Lamar Miller, Sony Michel, Marshawn Lynch, Doug Martin, Nyheim Hines
WR - Keenan Allen, Cooks, Sutton, Hogan, Shepard, Boyd, Lockett, Doctson, Wims
TE - Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Clay, Goedert

xlote
Starter
Starter

Postby xlote » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:26 pm

ManuManu wrote:
xlote wrote:
Water Buffalo wrote: x2 for SURE

I agree that I would take Jones over Sanu if I needed production now.

I disagree that Jones is a starter next year, at least in a valuable long-term sense. I think it more likely that the Packers replace Jennings with someone younger and Cheaper. They need the deep speed.
Jennings doesn't really boast blazing speed, and Jordy Nelson is a great deep threat. Jones can be the starter next year, and be a very productive one at that.

I think one thing you're not taking into account is that Jones gets open because of the attention others get. He's a complimentary player, IMO. If he starts for the Pack, it will because they filled other more pressing needs first. But, I think GB values WRs highly, and I expect them to add one.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:36 pm

xlote wrote:
ManuManu wrote:
xlote wrote:
I agree that I would take Jones over Sanu if I needed production now.

I disagree that Jones is a starter next year, at least in a valuable long-term sense. I think it more likely that the Packers replace Jennings with someone younger and Cheaper. They need the deep speed.
Jennings doesn't really boast blazing speed, and Jordy Nelson is a great deep threat. Jones can be the starter next year, and be a very productive one at that.

I think one thing you're not taking into account is that Jones gets open because of the attention others get. He's a complimentary player, IMO. If he starts for the Pack, it will because they filled other more pressing needs first. But, I think GB values WRs highly, and I expect them to add one.
Nope, I've taken it into account. Jones won't draw more attention than Jordy or Finley or maybe even Cobb, and he'll still be a good fantasy asset IF he replaces Jennings next year. I'll take the complementary player with the best QB in the NFL over a plodding WR who can't get separation and plays with Andy Dalton.

Honestly, it just isn't even close in my mind.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

Ram Mas
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Ram Mas » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:42 am

I'd drop Sanu for Pitta in a heartbeat. I have Sanu as well, but the best FA's available in my league are Jeremy Kerley, Marcedes Lewis and Heath Miller.

Found this for ya....

http://stripehype.com/2012/09/02/pp-don ... -just-yet/