Give up on Sanu already?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jecked
Starter
Starter

Give up on Sanu already?

Postby Jecked » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Seems like he is way down the depth chart and there are a few players like ogletree, pitta, hawkins, james jones and gabbert that i like.

Don't really won't to drop a rookie but he might not play all year.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Give up on Sanu already?

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Even if he plays, I don't think that offense has the juice to make two consistently startable receivers. I dropped Binns and won't grab Marvin Jones for the same reason.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:55 pm

They played one of the best defenses at home who were pumped and honored their late owner.

I would not panic now. Even some very high drafted Rookies were inactive this weekend. There is a huge learning curve that happens and you just can't expect to see your rookie step in and play right away.

These guys need patience and a chance to learn the playbook and get going.

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Jecked wrote:Seems like he is way down the depth chart and there are a few players like ogletree, pitta, hawkins, james jones and gabbert that i like.

He might not play much this year. I would not drop him for any of those.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:55 pm

I would much rather have James Jones. I think he's a starter in GB next year when Jennings leaves.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:49 am

I wouldn't drop him, but if your a Sanu owner you should be very concerned IMO. I stayed away because I like to go for the homerun players, and all you ever heard about Sanu was he had a high floor, was very polished, ready to play immediately, solid #2 WR, etc. He was the front runner to win the #2 WR job early and produce the earliest, but nothing I ever saw or read sold me that he could develop into a stud. The fact that he's getting passed by people like Binns, Hawkins, Tate, etc, doesn't bode very well for his chances. If I did own him, I'd probably trade for Marvin Jones, and maybe Binns because they'll be cheap, and maybe you can hedge your bets on all of those guys.

Cincy just hasn't developed into the offense where I can personally trust the #2 WR, or the TE right now.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:10 am

Jecked wrote:Seems like he is way down the depth chart and there are a few players like ogletree, pitta, hawkins, james jones and gabbert that i like.

If you're in a shallow league (as evidenced by that list of available players), I think Sanu can be dropped.

dresden
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby dresden » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:15 am

It all depends on how big your roster is. For deeper leagues, you hold onto him. If you dump every rookie WR who doesn't have an impact in his first game, you're going to be dumping a lot of WRs.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt QB TDs, 25 ret yds/pt.
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE

QB: M Ryan, B Bortles, D Carr;
RB: L McCoy, J Stewart, L Murray, T Riddick, R Turbin, K Robinson, K Carey, J Gray, K Williams;
WR: Julio, S Watkins, J Matthews, K Allen, J Landry, M Crabtree, C Patterson, P Harvin, R Woods, P Garcon, M Wilson, A Holmes, J Janis (TS);
TE: C Clay, D Pitta, J Gresham, R Rodgers, L Wilson

DAG
Captain
Captain

Postby DAG » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:17 am

ManuManu wrote:I would much rather have James Jones. I think he's a starter in GB next year when Jennings leaves.
I agree. I would much rather have Jones over Sanu.
Krispy Kareem Donuts

12 team 22 man roster .5 ppr std 6 pt td for all. Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, ST

Goff, Mariota
Mack, K Hunt, J Adams, A Jones, J Richard, I Smith, E McGuire, Lynch, Ballage
M Thomas, Godwin, Fitzgerald, Agholor, Doctson, T Smith, D Parker, Kumerow
Kittle, Herndon

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:52 am

ManuManu wrote:I would much rather have James Jones. I think he's a starter in GB next year when Jennings leaves.
x2 for SURE

xlote
Starter
Starter

Postby xlote » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:
x2 for SURE

I agree that I would take Jones over Sanu if I needed production now.

I disagree that Jones is a starter next year, at least in a valuable long-term sense. I think it more likely that the Packers replace Jennings with someone younger and Cheaper. They need the deep speed.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:37 pm

xlote wrote:
Water Buffalo wrote:
x2 for SURE

I agree that I would take Jones over Sanu if I needed production now.

I disagree that Jones is a starter next year, at least in a valuable long-term sense. I think it more likely that the Packers replace Jennings with someone younger and Cheaper. They need the deep speed.
Jennings doesn't really boast blazing speed, and Jordy Nelson is a great deep threat. Jones can be the starter next year, and be a very productive one at that.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

whatadai
Captain
Captain

Postby whatadai » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:22 am

I thought this was a dynasty league forum? Sanu hasn't shown anything, but James Jones will be 29 by next year, only has 2 years left on his contract, meaning that if Jennings is gone by the end of this season...yes, Jones will be the starter next year, but he'll will be going into his last season with the Packers at 29 years old. Plus you have Randall Cobb who is way more talented and likely to start over Jones. With Jones only coming in in three wide sets when Cobb goes to the slot or the backfield.
10 Team .5 PPR Salary Cap Dynasty (Starters in Bold)
HC: B. Belichick, D. Quinn
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Carr, N. Foles
HB: L. McCoy, A. Foster, T. Mason, B. Sankey, I. Crowell, C. Ivory, S. Ridley
WR: D. Bryant, D. Thomas, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, A. Robinson, V. Cruz, T. Smith, C. Johnson, B. Quick, J. Gordon
TE: R. Gronkowski
PK: N. Novak, D. Carpenter
PN: J. Hekker
DT: G. Atkins, S. Marks
DE: R. Quinn, O. Vernon, C. Johnson, J. Hughes, V. Beasley, J. Smith
LB: J. Mayo, B. Cushing, J. Freeman, C. Barwin, V. Rey, B. Orakpo, A. Okafor, D. Washington
CB: J. McCourty, A. Verner, B. Browner
S: E. Weddle, T. McDonald, T. Gipson, D. Bucannon
OL: T. Armstead, S. Vollmer, K. Holmes, T. Frederick, M. Unger, J. Asamoah, J. Sitton, A. Smith, J. Troutman, M. Yanda, L. Warford

PS: RB J. Allen, WR P. Dorsett, WR K. Bell, WR B. Coleman, DE J. Sheard, DE D. Fowler, DE L. Webster, LB S. Anthony

Joey Pigskins
Starter
Starter

Postby Joey Pigskins » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:29 am

whatadai wrote:I thought this was a dynasty league forum? Sanu hasn't shown anything, but James Jones will be 29 by next year, only has 2 years left on his contract, meaning that if Jennings is gone by the end of this season...yes, Jones will be the starter next year, but he'll will be going into his last season with the Packers at 29 years old. Plus you have Randall Cobb who is way more talented and likely to start over Jones. With Jones only coming in in three wide sets when Cobb goes to the slot or the backfield.
While i agree that long term expectations should be tempered....they run 3 wr sets more than anybody and Cobb is more of a slot guy. Jones would definitely get his fair share of looks even in 2 wr sets
@JoeyPigskins

11th Year 10 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR (20 man rosters, three round rookie/FA draft, 2 taxi)

Commissioner/Founder

Champions 2011, 2012
Runnner-up 2013, 2016

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1TE 2 Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1 K 1 DEF

Matthew Stafford, Marcus Mariota
Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard,, Jonathan Stewart, Darren Sproles, Theo Riddick, Jonathan Williams
DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Michael Thomas (NO), Phillip Dorsett, Kenny Britt, Kenny Stills, JJ Nelson (taxi)
Jimmy Graham, Eric Ebron, Austin Seferian-Jenkins (taxi)
Adam Vinatieri
NYG D

2017: 1st, 2nd

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:49 am

Can you post your roster? Size of your league? I wouldn't drop him yet. You drafted him with the intentions of him becoming the #2 WR for the Bengals. It is really hard to always assume that a rookie will produce in his first year. Hill is getting playing time because they really don't have any other options and it is really hard to expect him to continue having games like last week. So like what everyone has said depending on your roster size he is a hold for now.