Tebow v Kolb?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Tebow v Kolb?

Postby melish1631 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:02 am

bsb8532 wrote:Who you like more? Obviously we don't know where Kolb will end up (or if he'll stay in Philly) so that's part of the value.

Kolb all day...fantasy-wise, of course! Tebow will be fun to watch but view him as a #3 on my team...Kolb will be a great #2 (I think) :think:
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:21 am

nightmarion wrote:I agree with Skip on Kolb. QB 10-15 is about where I project him to end up. I disagree with most about Tebow. He'll serve as a backup in this league for his career after a short stint of starting. He is also all hype. At least we've seen a little bit of production out of Kolb (although its not stellar). Tebow may be the better athlete, but you could argue that Vince Young, JaMarcus Russel, etc are better "athletes" then Kolb. Just because you're a good athlete, doesn't mean you'll be successful in the NFL, especially at QB.
I don't agree that Russel and Young, should be mentioned in the same conversation as Tebow. I believe their major down falls were preperation and willingness to do what it takes to make it. Russel is a fat slob and should have never been given all of that money. Young has major head issues and needs a really good psychologist. Eveything that I have heard about Tebow is that he is a very determined person and is willing to do what it takes to be a winner.

I'm buying Tebow, not because of all the hype, but because he is willing to do whatever it takes to win and is a great leader.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat May 28, 2011 8:47 am

We've got people here on both sides of this...I look at Kolb as the QB to own of the two purely for the trade value he will bring. The moment he lands in Arizona, his value goes thru the roof and you can probably get the value back of the likes of a Matt Ryan. Tebow isn't going to carry that kind of value in a trade. When it comes to production, I don't believe Kolb will ever produce to that level. He'll be a David Garrard or Matt Cassel, QBs who owners would like as backups but never as starters. Tebow's floor may be lower, but I definitely believe his ceiling is much higher. If I owned Kolb (which I do in my sig) and could move him in a deal to get Tebow and get additional value back, I would.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

11stever11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby 11stever11 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:50 am

melish1631 wrote:
bsb8532 wrote:Who you like more? Obviously we don't know where Kolb will end up (or if he'll stay in Philly) so that's part of the value.

Kolb all day...fantasy-wise, of course! Tebow will be fun to watch but view him as a #3 on my team...Kolb will be a great #2 (I think) :think:
I think Tebow may be one of those players that are better in fantasy then in real life so I disagree with this statement. The last three games Tebow did not play great football in real life but in fantasy he put up great numbers (23, 24 and 29 points the last three weeks)...so saying Kolb fantasy wise all day does not make sense to me.

Saying Tebow will be #3 and Kolb will be a great #2 also does not make sense. Both these QBs at the least are almost all hype and have produced very little. They both also have shown flashes of goodness but only flashes. They both have the opportunity to be a starting QBs this year (Kolb on a different team of course)...so they are too similar to say one will be a really good #2 and the other will be a #3.

I think both these QBs are low end #2 high end #3. Both players have there upsides and risk. I personally give the slight edge to Tebow.
"Everybody with a helmet on is in the mix."
Mike Tomlin

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Sat May 28, 2011 11:46 am

Skip if you're in a league where you can trade Kolb for Matt Ryan, no matter where he's playing, you need to find a more competitive league.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat May 28, 2011 12:33 pm

repkllrs wrote:Skip if you're in a league where you can trade Kolb for Matt Ryan, no matter where he's playing, you need to find a more competitive league.

:?: Not really sure what you are referencing here? I commented re: Matt Ryan saying that there are owners who will value Kolb enough once he signs with Arizona that you would be able to get a comparable return as though you were dealing someone like Matt Ryan.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Sat May 28, 2011 12:43 pm

justinkilmer wrote:
nightmarion wrote:I agree with Skip on Kolb. QB 10-15 is about where I project him to end up. I disagree with most about Tebow. He'll serve as a backup in this league for his career after a short stint of starting. He is also all hype. At least we've seen a little bit of production out of Kolb (although its not stellar). Tebow may be the better athlete, but you could argue that Vince Young, JaMarcus Russel, etc are better "athletes" then Kolb. Just because you're a good athlete, doesn't mean you'll be successful in the NFL, especially at QB.
I don't agree that Russel and Young, should be mentioned in the same conversation as Tebow. I believe their major down falls were preperation and willingness to do what it takes to make it. Russel is a fat slob and should have never been given all of that money. Young has major head issues and needs a really good psychologist. Eveything that I have heard about Tebow is that he is a very determined person and is willing to do what it takes to be a winner.

I'm buying Tebow, not because of all the hype, but because he is willing to do whatever it takes to win and is a great leader.
Its easy to Monday morning quarterback. I have a hard time believing anyone was calling Russel a fat slob coming into the NFL. Obviously that wasn't the consensus as he went #1 overall. And Young went #3, so obviously he was considered to be a great prospect coming out of college. Looking back now, it was of course, a mistake.... but how many saw that coming in their respective drafts?
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not huge on Kolb and I don't see him as a QB1 in a 12 team league. But he'll find more success then Tebow. Tim will get his shot to start, but he'll struggle and soon be relegated to the bench. I wish him well as he seems to be a good person with good morals and its nice to see that type of guy find success. I just don't see it happening.
16 team league, non-PPR standard scoring plus bonuses. $200 cap
Schaub ($26/2014), Weeden ($5/2016)
McFadden ($35/2012), Richardson ($8/2018), Goodson ($2/2012), W. Powell ($2/2014), Taiwan ($5/2014) Bryce Brown ($2/2016)
Fitz ($32/2014), Nicks ($12/2012), DJax ($12/2013), Wayne ($12/2012) Collie ($8/2015), Hilton ($3/2014), Streeter ($3/2013), Hixon ($5/2012), Smith (STL $2/2015), B. Tate ($2/2012)
Gresham ($10/2016), Rudolph ($5/2015), Housler ($2/2017), C. Clay ($2/2015), Cooley ($5/2012)
Gostowski ($2/2015)
CAR ($3/2014), CIN ($2/2014)

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Sat May 28, 2011 10:26 pm

I see them pretty even and think this year will go a long way in which direction they will go. Kolb has looked good and really bad, Tebow has looked OK, but looks like a leader. I'm leaning towards Tebow, and yes I think he will start, but no, I will not rest my fantasy outcome on him.
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson