Tebow v Kolb?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
bsb8532
Rookie
Rookie

Tebow v Kolb?

Postby bsb8532 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:18 pm

Who you like more? Obviously we don't know where Kolb will end up (or if he'll stay in Philly) so that's part of the value.
12 Team No PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR
QB: Cassel, Sanchez
RB: Stewart, Spiller, Moreno, Bradshaw, Starks
WR: Jennings, Nicks, D. Bowe, L Moore, Decker
TE: Pettigrew, Dickson

10 Team .5 PPR - 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex
QB - Matt Ryan, Tebow, Orton, Ponder
RB - MJD, Blount, Beanie, Moreno, Choice,
WR - Megatron, Nicks, Britt, Dez, Cobb, Denarius Moore, Lafell
TE - Vernon Davis, Marcedes, Rudolph

fantasyguy
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Tebow v Kolb?

Postby fantasyguy » Wed May 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Kolb easily IMO.
12 team PPR standard scoring
Start 1 QB, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 FLEX (RB, OR WR) 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF.

QB) Ryan, Palmer
RB) Charles,Richardson, Murray, Hillman Powell, Jacquizz Rodgers, michael, lattimore, ellington, goodson
WR), Julio, Dez, Maclin, lafell, woods, R. Shepard
TE) Graham, Bennett
K) Gould
DEF) Packers,

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Wed May 25, 2011 8:48 pm

bsb8532 wrote:Who you like more? Obviously we don't know where Kolb will end up (or if he'll stay in Philly) so that's part of the value.
I'll take Kolb, it's looking like he'll be a Cardinal which wouldn't be a bad thing. That said, I think Tebow is being under valued a bit by some folks and I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up pretty respectable fantasy stats this year, even if he doesn't necessarily turn out to be a great actual NFL QB.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Wed May 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Tebow. I plan on starting him if he's starting week 1.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Wed May 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Tough one. In the short-term, i might say Kolb because he is rumored to be traded to many places. If he ends up in Arizona, his value explodes. However,If he stays in Philly, his value is the same or less than Tebow's. Tebow could be the starter depending on if you believe what has been written during the lockout, but IMO, he is the "starter in waiting" until the Broncos decide what to do with Orton. I'm not sure I see him beating Orton outright for the job if orton is still on the team this season.

In the longterm, I think their values are pretty equal. I guess it all depends on whether you are a Tebow believer. According to this site, you either love him or hate him. I happen to love the guy and think he will be a very good NFL QB!

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu May 26, 2011 4:01 am

Both are high end QB2s for me. Right now, I'd rather be holding Kolb because I believe he will get traded and I think his fantasy trade value will immediately exceed is actual fantasy value. The second he is traded to ARZ, I'd have him on the market. I'm not a believer in Kolb. Eagles/Reid have the ability to make QBs look really good and I wouldn't be surprised to see a major regression for Kolb on a new team.

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Thu May 26, 2011 6:08 am

I like Tebow better. In fact I traded for him with no one else but Kolb. I guess it depends if you want short term or long term QB. I think tebow will be a viable QB option for longer than kolb
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu May 26, 2011 6:12 am

Kolb and it's not close to me. Even if Kolb doesn't get out of philly this year, this is the last year of his contract and then he's a free agent to go to whatever team he feels is the best for him. Kolb is a much better NFL QB prospect to me. I'm not buying that J.Fox will actually wants someone else's long term project as his starting QB. I'm not buing the Tebow hype and that he'll actually get all of the time he'll need to actaully (maybe) turn into a competant NFL QB. Kolb is better short term and long term.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu May 26, 2011 6:42 am

My concern with Kolb is that he turns into all hype. He's already spent 4 seasons in the league behind McNabb and Vick. He has looked ok, but not stellar. He looks like he will be a successful NFL QB, but I don't see him pushing anyone to be a top 10 fantasy option. He's a mid-tier type guy in the 10-15 range that are more easily replaceable than the top tier QBs.

Granted, a lot of Tebow is also hype right now. However, I think he brings more upside. He doesn't have to fit the traditional pocket-QB role to be successful or produce. He is a better "athlete" and while the passing numbers wont likely be stellar, what he brings otherwise can bring success to both his NFL and fantasy owners.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Thu May 26, 2011 6:52 am

I agree with Skip on Kolb. QB 10-15 is about where I project him to end up. I disagree with most about Tebow. He'll serve as a backup in this league for his career after a short stint of starting. He is also all hype. At least we've seen a little bit of production out of Kolb (although its not stellar). Tebow may be the better athlete, but you could argue that Vince Young, JaMarcus Russel, etc are better "athletes" then Kolb. Just because you're a good athlete, doesn't mean you'll be successful in the NFL, especially at QB.
16 team league, non-PPR standard scoring plus bonuses. $200 cap
Schaub ($26/2014), Weeden ($5/2016)
McFadden ($35/2012), Richardson ($8/2018), Goodson ($2/2012), W. Powell ($2/2014), Taiwan ($5/2014) Bryce Brown ($2/2016)
Fitz ($32/2014), Nicks ($12/2012), DJax ($12/2013), Wayne ($12/2012) Collie ($8/2015), Hilton ($3/2014), Streeter ($3/2013), Hixon ($5/2012), Smith (STL $2/2015), B. Tate ($2/2012)
Gresham ($10/2016), Rudolph ($5/2015), Housler ($2/2017), C. Clay ($2/2015), Cooley ($5/2012)
Gostowski ($2/2015)
CAR ($3/2014), CIN ($2/2014)

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu May 26, 2011 9:06 am

tstafford wrote:Both are high end QB2s for me. Right now, I'd rather be holding Kolb because I believe he will get traded and I think his fantasy trade value will immediately exceed is actual fantasy value. The second he is traded to ARZ, I'd have him on the market. I'm not a believer in Kolb. Eagles/Reid have the ability to make QBs look really good and I wouldn't be surprised to see a major regression for Kolb on a new team.
Perfect assessment. I'd rather own Kolb, because I could get a ton back in a trade. If I was stuck w/ one for the rest of his career, I'm taking Tebow easily.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

FantasyBandit
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyBandit » Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 am

Kolb

cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Postby cleanwillyb » Thu May 26, 2011 9:19 am

MR ROURKE wrote:Kolb and it's not close to me. Even if Kolb doesn't get out of philly this year, this is the last year of his contract and then he's a free agent to go to whatever team he feels is the best for him...
This.
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ

tosnsprx
Captain
Captain

Postby tosnsprx » Fri May 27, 2011 6:41 am

I was thinking of this trade myself, but i guess there is not love for this move. Us Kolb owners are grow frustation with this lockout crap. Couldn't they just have traded him on day one of the draft during that 8hrs of no lockout man this sucks
12 team non-ppr standard scoring(1qb,2rbs,2wrs,2rb/wrs,1te,1k,1D) 25 man roster
QB- WATSON, prescott,
RBs- ALVIN KAMARA, DAVID MONTGOMERY, K JOHNSON, rashaad penny, ronald jones, bo scott, p barber, darrell williams
WRs- JUJU, CHRIS GODWIN, christian kirk, courtland sutton, keke coutee, zach pascal
TEs- GEORGE KITTLE, ian thomas, mike gesicki, jace sternberger, dawson knox
K- d bailey
DST- STEELERS, chargers

2020 picks: 3RD,4TH

Nazgul
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Nazgul » Fri May 27, 2011 8:11 am

I have them both and like them both. But I hold out more hope for Tebow. Just read an article that questions Kolbs decision making saying he has always had a tendency, even in college, to go to the checkdown too quickly. So many seem down on Tebow last year based on comp % or INT. What do you expect from a rookie QB? They all aren't going to be Sam Bradford.

Kolb 2008 (2nd year) - att 17 comp 34 comp % 50.0 yards 144 avg. 4.2 TD 0 INT 4
Tebow 2010 - att 41 comp 82 comp % 50.0 yards 654 avg. 8.0 TD 5 INT 3
10 Team PPR/IDP/Return Yds & TDs
1-QB, 1-RB, 1-RB/WR, 2-WR, 1-WR/TE, 1-TE, 1-PK, 2-DL, 3-LB, 3-DB
QB - Sanchez, Kolb, Tebow, Dalton
RB - Moreno, D. Will, Hillis, R. Bush, Hardesty, Leshoure, Vereen, D. Murray, J. Rodgers, McKnight
WR - Marshall, Harvin, M. Williams (TB), Britt, Ocho, B. Edwards, J. Ford, T. Smith, Meachem, D. Alexander
TE - Davis, J. Graham,
DL - J. Allen, J. Jones, Ayers
LB - Posluszny, Lofton, Lenon, Harris, Hali, Phillips
DB - Chung, Weddle, Rhodes, Ward,