Sam Bradford Under rated?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Sam Bradford Under rated?

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:29 pm
Manziel possibly having a better career than Bridgewater, sure. I'm ok with people placing that bet because Bridgewater's career may be over. I'd still bet Bridgewater has the better career. Hell I'd bet that bridgewater's career up to this point will end up being more than manziel ever does, but it's possible he gets another chance I suppose.
Manziel (sitting without a job, and no team wants to touch him) over someone who is currently a starter in the league (Bradford)? No way. Over garoppolo, who is an asset that teams DO want as part of their team? Why place the bet on manziel?
No NFL team at this moment yes perhaps. The draft has yet to happen, and the QBs there obviously will have more appeal than Manziel with all his warts. But post draft once a teams hopes of landing that next QB disappear (because some other team went faster) - we shall see.

Would I place a bet on Manziel having a better career than Garappolo or Bradford going forward - not at this time. But since we have owners still holding onto Megatron in some of my leagues, and owners everywhere rushing to claim Lynch again, why would it not make sense, especially for an owner who already has 1-2 starting QBs to take a shot on Manziel over Bradford.

Bradford is like the QB equivalent of Kenny Britt - who before this season started was virtually undraftable. People have made up their minds, right or wrong, on Bradford one way or another. But not everyone can say they have seen enough of Manziel (talent wise not mentally) to say that they do not think he has a shot at being a QB1. We can rationalize all the reasons why Bradford couldnt even make QB2 last season, but in the end it did not happen.

If I already have at least 1 starting QB on a start QB 1 league, and it is late in the startup and I am trying to decide on a high upside option and my choices are Manziel or Bradford well I can easily see myself taking Manziel. Ideally though I dont have to choose between those 2. But that is what the mock is saying - at that point in the draft who do you want - the uninspiring vet or the upside QB (regardless if it is a long shot or not).

And to end my post on a note to make some of you smile.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cfl-t ... iffin-iii/
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:10 pm

I guess it's all about what you see in a guy. I admit I have very little knowledge of manziel's potential, but apparently I see more upside in Bradford than most. I really wouldn't be shocked to see a 4200 and 32 season from him, and I could see him doing even better in years to come if he gets an above average (or even average) line for once. He's not even 30 yet, or maybe just turned 30. Roethlisberger looked like an established blah "can't win fantasy with this guy" QB up until his 6th season, and he had better offenses around him than Bradford has been given. I've seen plenty from Bradford to not write him off yet. Even if you want to argue that the chance he changes his play style is low even with a line change, I'd argue that the chance is still likely greater than the chance of manziel not only getting a shot to start, but succeeding in the role.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:33 am
clarion contrarion wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:02 am pity he only has 100MM$ for a sympathy pillow ! poor mistreated feller!
What does this have to do with the question? I have never heard him complain about money or being mistreated either. He has always acted like a pro.
Wait, what? The big story last offseason was Sam Bradford's complaining.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/0 ... n-program/
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:01 am

In college, Bradford rarely had to make contested throws because all 10 guys around him on offense were better than the guy that was standing across from them about 95% of the time. He gets to the pros and has to throw to guys that aren't open by 5 yards and he becomes a checkdown machine.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:27 am

I'll just leave this here :D

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:36 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:25 pm evidently Norv didn't share you vike fanboys enthusiasm ! , about a month of sam the sham and he was bound for greener pastures!
Typical..... You know a mere fraction of the story - but assume you know more, then proceed to ramble BS on the forums about it. :clap:

Living here in Mn, seeing the local news, hearing the local sports radio on the daily - 365 days a year has and does provide a bit of information relating to what you think you know. As it turns out, you don't know what your talking about, you are talking just to talk again and.... N.Turner leaving had a great deal to do with the distribution of authority, Pride, final say on all offensive matters, game day prep, play calling, and rank within the Vikings brass, than it had to do with SAM BRADFORD.

Just a little FYI for you.....
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:41 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:54 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 pm
Valhalla wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:22 am According to Mizelle's ADP data (solid work), the average drafter will take Manziel over Bradford. :lol: I don't want him as my starter in fantasy, but come on now...
2 years ago, sure... That's freaking nuts
Valhalla wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:32 pm I think Garoppolo is partially a product of his situation, benefiting from it.
That said, Bortles is in a very good situation as well, and is not taking advantage of it.
I'd rather bet on the somewhat unknown asset that I have to wait for, over the more established less than inspiring QB.
Doesnt Manziel in this situation qualify as the somewhat unknown asset? I am not going to say people have been giving too many excuses for Bradford over the years, but why shouldnt Manziel at least get a bit of faith considering the what if factor. IE what if Dallas had drafted him?

I am a pretty big Bridgewater fan, but I can honestly state I see a scenario right now where Manziel has the better career going forward - not saying it WILL happen - just that it can.
So..... you are saying out loud that you feel as of right now (because of the "Unknown factor") that you think Johnny Manziel will have a better career going forward than Sam Bradford or T.Bridgewater. Manziel does not deserve one oz of FAITH considering any factor. I think it is quite logical to put your "faith" in modern medicine than that of an addict with poor priorities in life.

Please.... what the heck? IE; Dallas didn't draft him

Un - real!!!

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:50 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:01 am In college, Bradford rarely had to make contested throws because all 10 guys around him on offense were better than the guy that was standing across from them about 95% of the time. He gets to the pros and has to throw to guys that aren't open by 5 yards and he becomes a checkdown machine.
You are welcome to share your opinion, but, once put out there, your opinion is then open to be commented on and discussed further.

Your take above - a very simplified breakdown of Bradford's situation in the NFL; Its as if you really don't or haven't watched him play. I mean, it really seems like that. Did you watch any Vikings games last year? I'm going to guess that is a NO, because, if you did happen to watch the Vikings in 2016, you'd have seen the most horrific situation ever put on the field in terms of O-line, Rb, and wr depth. But..... according to your less than complete analysis on this topic, Bradford is a check down machine because the guys he's throwing to aren't "open by 5 yds". Did it occur to you to think before you clicked submit? If a Qb has average wr targets, and a far less than avg O-line, and.... said qb wasn't very mobile back when he was young, back in the day that you bring up at Oklahoma, when his other 10 guys were better, when he had a better supporting cast --- I mean how many times do people have to repeat themselves and re-explain things in order to help the community to understand the big picture?

Not sure if that (your take) really explains it all or really anything for that matter, as it is simply a reach. Seems like a short cut of an explanation.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:20 am

Maybe hyperbole doesn't exist in Minnesota.

My comment wasn't about last year, mmkay. But that was some great conjecture on your part - solid work you were all over it.

2010 yards per attempt - Sam Bradford came in at 5.95, good for 30th. But hey, he was better than Jimmy Clausen!
2011 - 32nd
2012 - 26th

When he got to the NFL, he became the checkdown king - based on watching games and statistics. Or maybe you think players don't get to the NFL until they make it to Minnesota.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:30 am

JFever wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:36 am
clarion contrarion wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:25 pm evidently Norv didn't share you vike fanboys enthusiasm ! , about a month of sam the sham and he was bound for greener pastures!
Typical..... You know a mere fraction of the story - but assume you know more, then proceed to ramble BS on the forums about it. :clap:

Living here in Mn, seeing the local news, hearing the local sports radio on the daily - 365 days a year has and does provide a bit of information relating to what you think you know. As it turns out, you don't know what your talking about, you are talking just to talk again and.... N.Turner leaving had a great deal to do with the distribution of authority, Pride, final say on all offensive matters, game day prep, play calling, and rank within the Vikings brass, than it had to do with SAM BRADFORD.

Just a little FYI for you.....
despite of your love of your own bloviation and your moronic assertion that your geography somehow qualifies you as an expert , actions speak louder than words sonny ! Ol norv had marched many an NFL mile across some mighty bumpy landscape and he bailed middle of the season likely because he knew as nearly everyone else does (cept for those that cannot see the forest for the trees) that bradford sucks and he was prevented from using shaun hill as this would make the front office look bad . He said tell ya what fellas ... KISS ALL MY %$#&*( ! I made my pile I am out.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:48 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:30 am ...Ol norv...bailed middle of the season likely because he knew...that bradford sucks and he was prevented from using shaun hill...
:lol: :clap: That's good. Cast some more lines out there and see who bites.
Just admit, you watched an entire zero minutes of the Vikings season and are at this point arguing just to argue and reel some of us in.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:11 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:20 am Maybe hyperbole doesn't exist in Minnesota.

My comment wasn't about last year, mmkay. But that was some great conjecture on your part - solid work you were all over it.

2010 yards per attempt - Sam Bradford came in at 5.95, good for 30th. But hey, he was better than Jimmy Clausen!
2011 - 32nd
2012 - 26th

When he got to the NFL, he became the checkdown king - based on watching games and statistics. Or maybe you think players don't get to the NFL until they make it to Minnesota.
Solid work. If you persist on using statistics to conjure up your own view on a player, why don't you take a bit of your time and actually watch the game to see how the statistics came to be? There usually is a reason (not always - sure, but - yep, usually) a reason that a qb checks down. I mean, I don't know.... do you think at all that there could be an explanation as to why any qb would want to? Or... have to check down? Do some here think that Sam Bradford just really has something against throwing the ball down field? Like, he just doesn't like to do it or something? Or - is it that some believe that he is physically unable to throw the ball that far accurately?

According to you (LOTTO) - Sam Bradford is a "check down Machine". I take this to mean that you are inserting that - He would rather check down, he likes to check down, or... he simply cant throw mid range or deep due to lack of arm strength. So, in an attempt to clarify this that you are putting out there; I wonder if we think that some of, one of, or possibly a few of the following has / had anything to do with the YPA crap you like to focus on. Frankly, in my world, YPA is another stat that is full of factors that allow it to be a misleading number thrown around... weird, kinda like YPC for rb...

Anyway, I guess my brain works differently. On to the point -
Tell me, is it logical that one of, a couple of, or a few of the following (maybe none of for some of you) - could contribute to any qb "checking down" more often than league avg? And.... if so, has any of the following ever applied to Sam Bradford?

Offensive scheme / OC philosophy on ball security and risk management
poor to inadequate blocking - ie; not enough time to throw downfield.
play calling tendencies of OC
wr strengths vs weakness in route running or separation
experience of Wr Corp vs opposing defensive backs,
running game stability - which could effect basic defensive approach,
Qb mobility / ability or lack there of to extend the pocket when there is pressure

Pretty sure that the low Yards per attempt statistic is a direct result of VERY understandable contributing factors. But.... what seems logical to some may not seem as clear to others. It is what it is....

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:39 am

JFever wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:11 am
Lotto4Life wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:20 am Maybe hyperbole doesn't exist in Minnesota.

2011 - 32nd
2012 - 26th

Solid work. If you persist on using statistics to conjure up your own view on a player, why don't you take a bit of your time and actually watch the game to see how the statistics came to be? There usually is a reason (not always - sure, but - yep, usually) a reason that a qb checks down. I mean, I don't know.... do you think at all that there could be an explanation as to why any qb would want to? Or... have to check down? Do some here think that Sam Bradford just really has something against throwing the ball down field? Like, he just doesn't like to do it or something? Or - is it that some believe that he is physically unable to throw the ball that far accurately?

According to you (LOTTO) - Sam Bradford is a "check down Machine". I take this to mean that you are inserting that - He would rather check down, he likes to check down, or... he simply cant throw mid range or deep due to lack of arm strength. So, in an attempt to clarify this that you are putting out there; I wonder if we think that some of, one of, or possibly a few of the following has / had anything to do with the YPA crap you like to focus on. Frankly, in my world, YPA is another stat that is full of factors that allow it to be a misleading number thrown around... weird, kinda like YPC for rb...

Anyway, I guess my brain works differently. On to the point -
Tell me, is it logical that one of, a couple of, or a few of the following (maybe none of for some of you) - could contribute to any qb "checking down" more often than league avg? And.... if so, has any of the following ever applied to Sam Bradford?

Offensive scheme / OC philosophy on ball security and risk management
poor to inadequate blocking - ie; not enough time to throw downfield.
play calling tendencies of OC
wr strengths vs weakness in route running or separation
experience of Wr Corp vs opposing defensive backs,
running game stability - which could effect basic defensive approach,
Qb mobility / ability or lack there of to extend the pocket when there is pressure

Pretty sure that the low Yards per attempt statistic is a direct result of VERY understandable contributing factors. But.... what seems logical to some may not seem as clear to others. It is what it is....
It would have been easier to just admit you were wrong - and acted like an bleep in the process.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:44 am

What? Admit that I was wrong about looking at a situation with as much information as possible - Admit I was wrong for reading the book rather than the Cliff notes - classic. :wall:

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Sorry to hurt your feelers.