Michael Crabtree Vs. Dez Bryant

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who will have a better career?

Michael Crabtree
64%
Dez Bryant
36%

Total votes: 56

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:34 pm

I think the question can't even be asked yet.

Crabtree has played nearly a season of football in the NFL while Dez has not taken a single snap. I could see comparing them as college prospects but even that would have to be skewed: Crabtree has performed at a reasonably high level in the pro game already; he's no longer a prospect. The 'playing field' for the question isn't even.

I know the members of this board are gifted and smart, but I'm not ready to credit them with E.S.P. just yet. :lol:

If anything, this argument has to be weighted in favor of Crabtree. He's proven he can play at the NFL level. Bryant could be the next David Terrell, for all we know... :wink:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

remy420
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby remy420 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:29 am

Misfit74 wrote:I think the question can't even be asked yet.

Crabtree has played nearly a season of football in the NFL while Dez has not taken a single snap. I could see comparing them as college prospects but even that would have to be skewed: Crabtree has performed at a reasonably high level in the pro game already; he's no longer a prospect. The 'playing field' for the question isn't even.

I know the members of this board are gifted and smart, but I'm not ready to credit them with E.S.P. just yet. :lol:

If anything, this argument has to be weighted in favor of Crabtree. He's proven he can play at the NFL level. Bryant could be the next David Terrell, for all we know... :wink:
David Terrell, that's a name I haven't heard in a LONG time.
MC Dynasty League
The Highlanders
Champions 2006
12 teams, 30-man rosters
1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR), 1TE, 1K, 1Def, 1DL, 1LB, 1CB, 1S
QB:Newton, Rivers, Tua
RB:Gordon, Lindsey, Hunt, Kerryon, Mattison, Dobbins, Love
WR:A.J. Green, Julio, Diggs, Kupp, Hardman, P. Williams
TE:Hooper, Smith
K:Gould, Gonzalez
Def:Car, Chi
DL:Watt, N Bosa
LB:Ch. Jones, Roquan
DB:King, Carrie
S:Mathieu, Edmunds

princevincexoxo

Re:

Postby princevincexoxo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 am

remy420 wrote:

Its not about having ESP....its about having reasonable expectations.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Re: Re:

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 am

princevincexoxo wrote:
remy420 wrote:

Its not about having ESP....its about having reasonable expectations.
Yeah, I'm more of a telekinesis guy myself. :)

As for reasonable expectations, I think it's reasonable to assume that based on the talent level of both of these WRs, one can draw the conclusion that they are both destined to be top 10 dynasty WRs in the near future. Whether that takes a year or two is hard to say. But, I think that both are great additions to their respective teams.

Interestingly, I posted on another forum that is geared toward the NFL draft and analyzing prospects. I asked the question as to which WR is the best WR prospect from the years 2009, 2010 and 2011 between Crabtree, Bryant and AJ Green, who is most likely coming out next year and most have as the consensus best WR in next year's class. So far the voting is as follows as to whom is the best:

Crabtree: 17
Bryant: 15
Green: 48

I get a couple of things from this. One, Crabtree is just slightly the better overall WR prospect according to the majority when comparing him with Bryant. Two, Green is thought of EXTREMELY highly as of right now. And, many are saying he's the best WR prospect since Randy Moss. The two are very similar in playing style. There are a lot of arguments in favor of Calvin Johnson being the best prospect. But, there is a fairly clear consensus that Green is in the same discussion with Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson as a prospect, which is more than I can say about Crabtree or Bryant, whom most of us put in the same tier together, right below the prospect tier that included the likes of Fitzgerald and Calvin.

Just some food for thought.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings