I am Todd Gurley

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

I am Todd Gurley

Postby KMA » Tue May 19, 2015 5:28 pm

Good evening,

My name is Todd Gurley. I am the future Hall of Fame running back for the St. Louis Rams. I have traveled back in time (from the future) to encourage you to select me with the earliest pick you can. A few minor injuries and an ACL tear has allowed many people to acquire me at the 1.02 and sometimes the 1.03! But I warn you, if you pass on me, you will REGRET it. Many of you are still hurting from the Trent Richardson letdown. Do you do the same for WRs who don't pan out? Do you lump them all together? Did you pass over Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, and AJ Green after Darryius Heyward-Bey burned you in 2009? Probably not. So why do it for me? You try so hard to find holes in my game. You point to Chubb, Trent Richardson, my o-line, my injuries, Tre Mason, my division, my team, my coach, my coordinator, my food preferences as reasons I will fail. But I am here to let you know. You. Will. Be. Sorry. I am a MONSTER.

Signed,
Todd Gurley, Fantasy Football's top asset 2015 - ???
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

God Hates JAGs

Re: I am Todd Gurley

Postby God Hates JAGs » Tue May 19, 2015 6:04 pm

No one got burned by DHB except some corners on 9 routes, but it didn't matter because he dropped the pass.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Tue May 19, 2015 6:56 pm

God Hates JAGs wrote:No one got burned by DHB except some corners on 9 routes, but it didn't matter because he dropped the pass.
Ha!!

Coolryan
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Coolryan » Tue May 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Say those who want cooper sat 1.02....
Last edited by Coolryan on Tue May 19, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brady, Cam,
Peterson, Ingram, Langford, Rawls, Ellington, Forsett, Sankey, hillman, Alfred blue, marshawn lynch
Antonio Brown, OBJ, Alshon, mike Evans, Golden Tate, Arob

PPR, 1 QB 2 RB 4 WR/TE no starting tight end requirements.
2016: 1.10

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Well sorry Todd, I'm taking Cooper at 1.01. Some crazy white haired guy who jumped out of a Delorean seemed really convinced that's what I should do.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Tue May 19, 2015 9:08 pm

QandA wrote:Good evening,

My name is Todd Gurley. I am the future Hall of Fame running back for the St. Louis Rams. I have traveled back in time (from the future) to encourage you to select me with the earliest pick you can. A few minor injuries and an ACL tear has allowed many people to acquire me at the 1.02 and sometimes the 1.03! But I warn you, if you pass on me, you will REGRET it. Many of you are still hurting from the Trent Richardson letdown. Do you do the same for WRs who don't pan out? Do you lump them all together? Did you pass over Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, and AJ Green after Darryius Heyward-Bey burned you in 2009? Probably not. So why do it for me? You try so hard to find holes in my game. You point to Chubb, Trent Richardson, my o-line, my injuries, Tre Mason, my division, my team, my coach, my coordinator, my food preferences as reasons I will fail. But I am here to let you know. You. Will. Be. Sorry. I am a MONSTER.

Signed,
Todd Gurley, Fantasy Football's top asset 2015 - ???
These types of posts ALWAYS end well...
Last edited by DYNOmite on Wed May 20, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue May 19, 2015 9:15 pm

Give me Cooper. I will rest much easier and trade for a RB when I hit my stride as I'm surely not doing it if I got the 1.01 (and I shouldn't have traded it if I knew I would suck or had it when knew).

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:07 am

Honestly, Crabtree would be a better example for WRs IMO because he was pretty universally believed to be the top WR in his class even though DHB was drafted earlier.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed May 20, 2015 4:32 am

Todd - stop yer playing on the internets and get back to rehabbing your knee!

Kids these days...
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed May 20, 2015 4:51 am

WHAT could possibly go wrong when you draft a rb coming off a major injury with the 10th pick of the 1st round or the 1st pick of a rookie draft , I see a smooth road to the pro bowl this season and an easy journey from athens to st. louis to canton . Every rb who ever blew up his ACL always comes back better stronger and more durable just like adrian peterson .
The fact that he scored the same number of tds had nearly the same total yardage and same YPC as trent richardson in the same conference while wearing the same jersey number should not bother you in the least . Also add in the fact that the backup rb when taking over looked as good or better much like richardson's back up did should not further disuade you nor should the fact that his offensive line will be manned by at least 3 new members .
I think any player who drafts the wr who stacked up better numbers than julio jones witha lesser qb or a rb back who piled massive barry sanders like numbers while being much more durable than the vaunted future cantonite are mere statistical anomolies of which our group metrics have yet to divine a proper term .
Meaningless data like 6 bridge out ahead flashing signs should not prevent you driving into the river expeditiously . COME ON IN THE WATER IS FINE!
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Wed May 20, 2015 5:34 am

WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri May 22, 2015 1:28 am

clarion contrarion wrote:WHAT could possibly go wrong when you draft a rb coming off a major injury with the 10th pick of the 1st round or the 1st pick of a rookie draft , I see a smooth road to the pro bowl this season and an easy journey from athens to st. louis to canton . Every rb who ever blew up his ACL always comes back better stronger and more durable just like adrian peterson .
The fact that he scored the same number of tds had nearly the same total yardage and same YPC as trent richardson in the same conference while wearing the same jersey number should not bother you in the least . Also add in the fact that the backup rb when taking over looked as good or better much like richardson's back up did should not further disuade you nor should the fact that his offensive line will be manned by at least 3 new members .
I think any player who drafts the wr who stacked up better numbers than julio jones witha lesser qb or a rb back who piled massive barry sanders like numbers while being much more durable than the vaunted future cantonite are mere statistical anomolies of which our group metrics have yet to divine a proper term .
Meaningless data like 6 bridge out ahead flashing signs should not prevent you driving into the river expeditiously . COME ON IN THE WATER IS FINE!
this post scares me as the 1.1 holder who needs a RB BADLY. what do you think of gordon, his 2nd level speed is intriuging.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:14 am

MrUbuto wrote:
clarion contrarion wrote:WHAT could possibly go wrong when you draft a rb coming off a major injury with the 10th pick of the 1st round or the 1st pick of a rookie draft , I see a smooth road to the pro bowl this season and an easy journey from athens to st. louis to canton . Every rb who ever blew up his ACL always comes back better stronger and more durable just like adrian peterson .
this post scares me as the 1.1 holder who needs a RB BADLY. what do you think of gordon, his 2nd level speed is intriuging.
draft cooper or see if you can trade back a spot if you can pick up something good in doing so. when drafting that high you should be going bpa every time regardless of what positions you need
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri May 22, 2015 3:59 am

knotts4372 wrote:
MrUbuto wrote:
draft cooper or see if you can trade back a spot if you can pick up something good in doing so. when drafting that high you should be going bpa every time regardless of what positions you need

agreed^^^ unless you are a strong team that traded for the pick , even then I think BPA is the way to go.
As for gordon if I draft him and he busts I can live with that because he was so damned good in school , if I draft gurley and he blows up his knee again or comes back as just an average back then I would hate myself for not heeding the warning signs.
People killed the blazers for drafting sam bowie instead of jordan once upon a time but they did have a future hall of famer (drexler) & a former all star jim paxson at jordan's position , Jordans physical profile was very similar to drexlers and there was no way to quantify that his ultra competitiveness would make him an all time great ... it was 20/20 hindsight but there was little to suggest at the time other than bowies injury history that it would be the biggest blunder in the history of drafting. So drawing a parallel if you draft gurley and he flames out you saw that coming and ignored the signs and in if gordon and cooper go on to become stars and gurley is JAG that is hard to take for my $.
I am the same spot on gurley as I am on the record on for DGB .... I will let someone else eat the new car depreciation and if he starts slowly then try to acquire him from a panicked owner that is afraid of all the sky high value evaporating. If they explode they will cost a lot just like any superstar.
I had the 1:1 through trade in a league that I won in which I have bell hyde and hill in other words a pefect storm in which to take gurley and wait on him , I still traded out because his perceived future greatness help me net andrew luck . I am OK with missing gurleys greatness to defray the risk of reinjury or his coming at less than he was prior to a major injury.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Fri May 22, 2015 4:49 am

I was really hoping this was going to be like the readings in "Fight Club" in 3rd person body parts. Something like:

I am Todd Gurley's anterior cruciate ligament. I am tired from all the surgeries I got and have decided to pass the load onto the medial collateral ligament. In doing so, I anticipate Todd Gurley's hip to suffer from the change in his gait. I am Todd Gurley's anterior cruciate ligament.

Todd Gurley's anterior cruciate ligament- 2018
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore