Hyde Trades?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Hyde Trades?

Postby IBall2 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:39 pm

I am thinking of trading away Hyde for a top 4 pick in 2015 draft and a 3.4 in 2015 draft. Good or bad?

Our top 4 picks are lottery, the guy I'm talking to has a 20% chance of getting the #1 pick which would be my pick if I make this trade, this pick also has the potential of being 2nd, 3rd or 4th overall pick... I don't have a 2015 first round pick after I traded it away for Julius Thomas earlier in the season to try and make a playoff push, I failed...

I drafted Carlos Hyde last year in my Dynasty startup league along with Tre Mason, Christine Michael, Andre Ellington and picked up Dan Herron and McKinnon. My RBs were awful this year and I'm wondering if I should try and trade for an early pick in this years draft. Thoughts?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Hyde Trades?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:34 pm

Well, unless you can get Gordon or Gurley, I don't like it. Hyde should start this year, and you are thin at RB. You are good at receiver, so I would stick with Hyde, personally. I would wait until you know what pick your getting to be able to nab one of the two best RB's in this class, if you want to make the trade. Ellington is an iffy commodity, and other than Mason and Ellington, there are no guarantees with your other RB's seeing the field. If you are sold on Cooper and Parker, then I guess it's worth considering, since Josh Gordon will now be doing nothing for you, but then you are even thinner at RB.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:38 pm

I would explore if michael would be enough . I would not trade hyde for the 1:4 before it was on the clock.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Michael can fetch a top 4 pick??
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:45 pm

Swampdonkey17 wrote:Michael can fetch a top 4 pick??
doubt it but there are still a few fanboys out there and the other owner obviously likes rbs w/ potential ... just a suggestion
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
TE eifert howard njoku
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:41 am

I would trade Hyde for that, but that's me personally. I'm pretty certain SF will draft another back, the only question is how early. Hyde's situation is setting him up to be this years Gio, and he showed less than Gio did his rookie year (clearly I'm not talking about their style of play, but situation).

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:17 am

with the uncertainty with Hyde's situation and a 20% chance of landing the 1.1 (and better odds of landing the 1.2 or 1.3), I would do this

getting the 3.4 pick also give you another "dart" to throw at a RB in the draft

Seb49ers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Seb49ers » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:40 am

Given Hyde situation I think we are at a point where trading him for 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 will be consider as a huge win or huge loss in 10 month.
If you are willing to pull the trigger, keep in mind that your first round pick could be a nice asset to trade for a proven RB a few days/weeks before the draft.
https://twitter.com/SebZehoual

Listen (or don't) to me, I'm so good/average/bad :
Main Dynasty with Friends (a lot of pride involved) 10 Team 2QB-2TE + IDP : 5-3 (2nd 2016, 3rd 2015-2017)
Dynasty 12 Team 2QB-2TE + IDP : 7-1 (2nd 2015, first round PO 2016, 4th 2017)
Dynasty 12 Team Salary Cap and Contract, SFlex + Devy : 5-3 (Rebuild since 2015, still no PO)
Dynasty 12 Team Salary Cap and Contract, SFlex : 6-2 (Winner 2017, 2nd 2016, no PO in 2015)
Dynasty 14 Team, SFlex + IDP : 11-5 (4th 2017, No PO 2016, 2015)
Dynasty 80 Team (5 * 16), SFlex + IDP : 7-9 (New League)
Dynasty 12 Team, 2Sflex + IDP : 4-4 (New League)

joeymags220
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby joeymags220 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:23 am

I'd do it. If it becomes the 1.1, that is awesome value! If it's 1.4, I still think it's a fair trade. Hyde could be "the guy" next year, but there is still a chance he isn't, just like any of the rookie picks. But the closer it gets to your draft, the more value that pick is going to get.
@jojolmags on twitter................... jojomagsff.wordpress.com
**Just do what will make you happy, it's Fantasy after all.**

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:22 am

thebeast wrote:I would trade Hyde for that, but that's me personally. I'm pretty certain SF will draft another back, the only question is how early. Hyde's situation is setting him up to be this years Gio, and he showed less than Gio did his rookie year (clearly I'm not talking about their style of play, but situation).
Gio can't run between the tackles, that's why he lost his starting job to Hill, so the style of play has everything to do with his situation. Hyde can definitely run between the tackles. The 49ers traded up in the 2nd round to get him, they are going to give him every opportunity this year. Watch his TD run against the Saints, or the one vs Arizona. He was lighting up the Seahawks to the tune of 55 yards on 6 carries before he got hurt near the end of the year. He is a solid NFL back, I don't see what you're seeing. Part of the reason Cincy drafted a RB in the 2nd was because they weren't completely confident Gio could be a workhorse type of back, due to size, and style. I doubt the 49ers address the RB position in the same way Cincy does. The 49ers are more needy at receiver/secondary to name a few positions.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:47 am

I would take a top 4 for Hyde. Let's say gore comes back, we have a cmike situation. Value is in flux.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:52 am

I love Hyde but you have to rake that deal!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:31 pm

Without attempting to derail the thread, if Chudzinski gets the OC position in SF, which he is reported to be the frontrunner, what impact does that have on the 49ers run game? Anyone more knowledgeable than I have a clue? Is the line well suited to it? Is Hyde?

This could greatly affect Hyde's value and be a big question mark or boon for him depending on the answers, and I think it would be good to discuss ahead of any determinations for a trade..
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
thebeast wrote:I would trade Hyde for that, but that's me personally. I'm pretty certain SF will draft another back, the only question is how early. Hyde's situation is setting him up to be this years Gio, and he showed less than Gio did his rookie year (clearly I'm not talking about their style of play, but situation).
Gio can't run between the tackles, that's why he lost his starting job to Hill, so the style of play has everything to do with his situation. Hyde can definitely run between the tackles. The 49ers traded up in the 2nd round to get him, they are going to give him every opportunity this year. Watch his TD run against the Saints, or the one vs Arizona. He was lighting up the Seahawks to the tune of 55 yards on 6 carries before he got hurt near the end of the year. He is a solid NFL back, I don't see what you're seeing. Part of the reason Cincy drafted a RB in the 2nd was because they weren't completely confident Gio could be a workhorse type of back, due to size, and style. I doubt the 49ers address the RB position in the same way Cincy does. The 49ers are more needy at receiver/secondary to name a few positions.
Yeah, I can cherry pick plays for Gio the year before too where he looked like a stud and was being used on the goal line... Maybe I shouldn't beat around the bush, Hyde's body of work wasn't very impressive reglardless of how or where they drafted him. They spent a 2nd or 3rd on LaMichael and that didn't seem to concern them too much when he was inactive on gamedays. I think they pick another back as that's what they do. There is too much talent in this years rb class that even a day 3 rb will have a shot to take the lead role away from an underwhelming Hyde.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:05 pm

I agree with the previous poster to an extent about the draft position not being a big factor for the niners , for 1 reason the niners for the last several have stock piled picks . So they had to take someone and gore was getting older. He does have the requisite skills to be a feature back but in many niners games I watched he was less impressive than gore ( hardly a crime as that dude is a warrior ) .I would stick to my original take that I would not trade hyde for the 1:4 until it was OTC as I like gordon and gurley more than hyde. He would be rb3 in this draft so if they are gone much rather have hyde than any other person in this class . I like cooper but if he ends up a jet or a raider ... yuck and the louisville skill players have not been up to the task of being difference makers in the NFL ... it does look like teddy b may break that trend . Parker looks great on tape but so did hyde last year coming into the league add in the fact that the niners have a good Oline and kaep can't consistently throw his way out of a wet paper sack and you have rb1 upside if gore moves along .
Last edited by clarion contrarion on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QB luck- driskell
TE eifert howard njoku
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci