Offseason Direction

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
QueenCity25
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Offseason Direction

Postby QueenCity25 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:42 pm

I was hoping to get the board opinion on which direction seems best suited

I just lost in the championship as my team laid at egg. I was the number one ranked team that put up the most points this season however, the current champion in the third place runner up currently have pretty stack teams.

I currently own 1.1 and 1.3 in the upcoming draft. I am undecided on if I should go Marvin Harrison or Caleb Williams at 1.1 I have been leaning Marvin.

I have been approached by various teams, looking to trade for 1.3 is it best to hold the quarterback likely or should I trade it for an establish player? If so, what type of player should I be targeting?
SUPERFLEX

QB: Kyler, AR, Goff, Bryce Young
RB: CMC, ETN, AK,J Williams, Elijah Mitchell, Roschon Johnson
WR: DK, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins George Pickens, E Moore, AT Perry
TE: Godert, Pitts, Fant

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Offseason Direction

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:45 pm

Sorry to hear you did not win the title, next year!

This is not going to be a very fun answer, but as of right now, both early 1st are simply a hold. It is way too early in the offseason process to think about moving either outside of a massive overpay. The fever and hype will hit managers like it does every season once the combine and NFL draft get going. You would likely be leaving value on the table if you moved either now. Settle in and let the next few months play out. I know this is the boring time in dynasty but there is so much to play out.

BellCow
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BellCow » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:00 pm

I definitely wouldn't rush it at all. Let the demand increase, your best chance of an overpay is probably when you're OTC.

Worst case you add 2 cornerstone players to a top 2 squad, nicely done haha

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:59 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:45 pm Sorry to hear you did not win the title, next year!

This is not going to be a very fun answer, but as of right now, both early 1st are simply a hold. It is way too early in the offseason process to think about moving either outside of a massive overpay. The fever and hype will hit managers like it does every season once the combine and NFL draft get going. You would likely be leaving value on the table if you moved either now. Settle in and let the next few months play out. I know this is the boring time in dynasty but there is so much to play out.
100%.

All picks and esp. premium picks have only one direction to go on value. They generally peak in value when they are OTC.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:34 pm

Barring a big overpay, just wait it out. 1.01 and 1.03 are premium picks and will be worth a ton. Worst case, add CW and Nabers to your squad and be happy adding two very high end prospects.

nicktahoes
Starter
Starter

Postby nicktahoes » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:39 pm

As everyone else has said hold until closer to draft. But don't tunnel vision on one player. When on the clock you take the BPA. Doesn't matter need. If it ends up being two QBs then it's two QBs.
Team 1: Players of note
PPR--QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, Superflex, Flex x2
QBs: Lawrence, Stafford, Bunch of backups
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Javonte Williams,Jamaal Williams
WRs: Adams, Hopkins, Waddle, Kirk, JSN, Boyd, OBJ, Hyatt, Osborn
TEs: Kelce, Hockenson, Taysom,

and then a few minor players and rookie stashed on taxi

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:46 pm

tstafford wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:59 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:45 pm Sorry to hear you did not win the title, next year!

100%.

All picks and esp. premium picks have only one direction to go on value. They generally peak in value when they are OTC.
Popular with us three GS
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5