Non-rookie sleepers (2023)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Non-rookie sleepers (2023)

Postby j4pac » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:38 am

There’s a deep rookie fliers thread, and rightfully so. But there are lots of young non-rookie players that can be had for cheap, and have a higher floor than rookies. Who are you targeting?
Last edited by j4pac on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Non-rookie sleepers (2023)

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:07 am

I’m rostering the following 3 guys who could qualify:

Rashid Shaheed, NO - looks like he still hasn’t been rostered in 1/3rd of dynasty leagues, so apparently there are enough FFers somehow not paying attention to him. I wouldn’t call him a deep sleeper after last season, but if he’s out there in your league you need to pick him up as soon as rules allow.

Pierre Strong, NE - available in half of the leagues right now. He figures to be able to fill the pass catching role in that backfield if he can get past Ty Montgomery, but he’s got enough mass and capability to run in that offense if something happens to Stevenson and he has some electric skills and a solid toolbox for the position. He ought to be dirt cheap right now.

Jalen Tolbert, DAL - I know, I know. DAL coaches BSed us all last off season on this guy and then he languished on the bench all year. Word is out that the game has slowed down for him and he’s looking great (in OTAs - again, I know). But he’s available in half the leagues, and even though he’s currently buried in that depth chart that means he probably can be had for a song. If the light really has gone on, there’s some serious talent there waiting to be unleashed.

I’m expecting Shaheed to make my regular roster and be a factor this year. I’ll likely have Strong and Tolbert on my practice squad unless I get news throughout TC/PS that they’ve fallen on their face, in which case I’ll probably drop either in favor of a rookie, or that they have stepped up significantly in which case I’ll likely find some room on my regular roster and dump a tail end bench guy.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:55 am

Shaheed is a good player. He’s cheap and flashed at times last year.

Two guys I have on my roster who are cheap and I believe are good fliers are Everett and Van Jefferson. In no way do I think they become top 6 TE or WR1, but I do think a backend TE1 and backend WR2 finish are in the realm of possibilities.

For Everett, the Chargers WRs don’t excite me too much with Allen aging, Willams aging and a little injury prone, and QJ a rookie. Everett is stepping into a good age for TEs after a year developing with Herbert and Schultz was effective under Kellen Moore. I think a bunch of targets can come his way.

Van Jefferson is slotted as the WR2 with Stafford coming back, whom he showed a good connection with. McVay is still a great coach who gets the most out of his players. If Stafford is healthy and can throw deep then I expect Van Jefferson to do well.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:09 am

I’m in on Malik Davis this year. At least until they bring back Zeke or someone else. I don’t view Vaughn as more than a gadget/special teams guy. And I’ve given up on Ronald Jones long ago. Someone is going to have to spell Pollard.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:10 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:09 am I’m in on Malik Davis this year. At least until they bring back Zeke or someone else. I don’t view Vaughn as more than a gadget/special teams guy. And I’ve given up on Ronald Jones long ago. Someone is going to have to spell Pollard.
Davis kind of creates an itch for me as well. I want to see a little more but don’t want to wait too long.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:12 pm

Following
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Jefferson, Tucker TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:13 pm

I actually created this thread for Shaheed. :) Buy him while you can. Olave is a stud but I honestly don’t think that Shaheed is significantly far behind. Special deep threat receiver with return ability. Lighting it up in OTA with Carr (grain of salt…I know). He’s available in one of two of my leagues.

RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:16 pm

Isaiah Hodgins is a sleeper. Looking at the NYG depth chart no one can do what he can do as a pass catcher besides Darren Waller i.e. be the big body X type. 6'4" 210. Was great at the end of the year last year. Scored 4 TDs in 5 games. And he was hand picked by Daboll to come over from Buffalo.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:32 pm

Seconding Strong, throwing in Kevin Harris.

Others- Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Chris Moore, JaMycal Hasty, Robert Tonyan, Trey Sermon, Noah Brown, Jordan Mason
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:37 pm

I’ll toss out Deonte Harris now Harty. He showed some stuff on NO when the QB situation was trash. Now he’s on the Bills where they might actually be able to use him well.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:42 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:16 pm Isaiah Hodgins is a sleeper. Looking at the NYG depth chart no one can do what he can do as a pass catcher besides Darren Waller i.e. be the big body X type. 6'4" 210. Was great at the end of the year last year. Scored 4 TDs in 5 games. And he was hand picked by Daboll to come over from Buffalo.
Looked him up, he’s rostered less than Shaheed. I did not expect that. Another guy that if he’s a FA in your league you need to roster him as soon as rules allow.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:44 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:32 pm Seconding Strong, throwing in Kevin Harris.

Others- Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Chris Moore, JaMycal Hasty, Robert Tonyan, Trey Sermon, Noah Brown, Jordan Mason
Sermon? Really?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:47 pm

Jerome Ford, baby.

RB2 behind Chubb and CLE not doing a single thing to change that via the Draft nor FA thus far.

Likely long-stashed if you were paying attention to the contracts last year, but for leagues that have a closed Waiver Wire until the draft, he should be a priority. Still only 50% owned on MLF apparently.

He's got a wonderful opportunity to carve out a nice role in CLE this year.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:05 pm

Lumps wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:37 pm I’ll toss out Deonte Harris now Harty. He showed some stuff on NO when the QB situation was trash. Now he’s on the Bills where they might actually be able to use him well.
I like Hardy but he’s way too small to be a functional WR. The Saints tried to get him more work, but each time they did he got hurt. He is best suited as a gadget guy and returner. I’m a Saints fan…so I’ve seen a bunch of both Hardy and Shaheed. Both are talented, but one can be a legit NFL WR.

TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:12 pm

You guys have taken most of mine but some of my favorites on the end of my benches.

Strong/Harris both intrigue me. Have Strong everywhere.

Keontay Ingram, for similar reasons Mild likes Ford. I think he runs hard and has a great size/speed. Had him in the same range as Pacheco and Strong/Harris ironically. Continuing to hold for opportunity.

Does Khalil Herbert count still (obviously not year 2, but feels like he belongs in this discussion)? He's easily a value tier above the others but I think he gets a lot of Montys work.

Hodgins/Shaheed are some of my favorite WR stashes of last year.
I'll also give Shakir and Kyle Philips some love since they are near WR100 on KTC and behind guys like Tank Dell and Boutte.

Dulcich/Chig were my favorites of the TE last year, but not really sleepers so I'll go with Bellinger who's currently behind Mushrave, Schoonmaker and Darnell Washington on KTC

Ridder is my dark horse QB candidate just because no one expects it so why not