Brady Retires

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:01 am

Guess it's official this time

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Brady Retires

Postby Ice » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:06 am

He is a true Legend and will be missed. He is the GOAT.

While we are in an age of great QB's, I doubt anyone from this era will have the same SB success as Brady.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:13 am

Was kinda surprised when I logged in here to check news and this hadn't been posted yet. Pretty big news.

I'm glad he made this decision now rather than keep dragging it out. Love him or hate him, he will go down as one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. As a non Patriots fan, I selfish admit that I'm glad I wont have to watch him own the playoffs anymore.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:36 am

Hate to be that guy, but I'm still not sure I believe him...

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:42 am

That was a season worth getting a divorce for...

Who replaces him in Tampa? They have to go for a known vet that can come in with that win now roster. Jimmy G? Carr?

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:49 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:42 am That was a season worth getting a divorce for...

Who replaces him in Tampa? They have to go for a known vet that can come in with that win now roster. Jimmy G? Carr?
I've heard some rumblings that they burn it down with the relatively major holes on the D and OL. Ship off Evans and LF, roll with Godwin, white and otton

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:56 am

It was Feb 1st last year he retired as well. Time will tell if that truly is it for him or not. I lean toward him being truly done this time.

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:27 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:42 am That was a season worth getting a divorce for...

Trask? :lol: :wink:
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 2.11, 3.04, 3.12
2025 picks: two 1sts, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Rodgers, Aidan O'Connell
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, D. Foreman, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez, E. Mitchell
WR/TE: DJ Moore, Puca Nacua, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, D. Wicks
2024 picks: 1.02 (MHJ), 3.11, 3.12, 4.01, 4.02
2025 picks: three 2nds, 3rd

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:42 pm

I'm not sure if I believe him, but he's been elite.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:49 pm

I remember when he got the starting role and the consensus was that he was more of a game manager and wasn't an exciting fantasy asset for those first 4 years. Then he really emerged and just went haywire in 2007 with the arrival of Randy Moss and really never looked back. Really enjoyed watching his story unfold over the years. The Giants stole one from him during the almost undefeated season and then he stole one with the Malcolm Butler greatest play of all time. Quite the career and I am in the group that thinks he is officially done now.
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:58 pm

What if.. he knew the divorce was imminent and came back intentionally to defer his upcoming 375M TV deal. He gets through the divorce in season and now doesn't have to share the pie.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:03 pm

I’ve been a Brady and a Pats fan since his rookie year. I was 10 years old. If the retirement is real, it’s been a hell of a run, Tom.

Thanks for all the great and happy memories. I’ll never forget the hysteria from me and my friends during the 28-3 game, the 4th quarter comeback against the legion of boom, and beating Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes in the playoffs to win the super bowl in your first year in TB at 43 years old.

It will be fun telling my grandkids one day about being alive while Brady was in the league, and seeing all his historic moments as they happened.

See you in the booth, GOAT.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Love, Purdy

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. White, Z. Charbonnet, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Musgrave, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2025: None
2026: 1st, 2nd

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:19 pm

waynesworld1234 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:58 pm

What if.. he knew the divorce was imminent and came back intentionally to defer his upcoming 375M TV deal. He gets through the divorce in season and now doesn't have to share the pie.
That would be an interesting theory if Gisele wasn’t loaded herself. I think she has a net worth of around half a billion on her own.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:00 pm

waynesworld1234 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:58 pm

Gisele is worth more than Brady. Quick Google has her at $400 Million to his $250 Million.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:11 pm

Still doesn't mean he wants to share LOL. Not sure why they got divorced, if it was his fault or hers, infidelity or just boredom or "irreconcilable differences."
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble