Swift for Waddle

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Tripwired
Captain
Captain

Swift for Waddle

Postby Tripwired » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:06 am

It's a 12tm SF PPR TE premium format. I'm rebuilding with no first rounder this year. Here's a list of the relevant players
Burrow, Lance
Swift, JRob, CEH, Sermon
Chase, DJM, Juju, Rondale
Freiermuth, Higbee

That's about it. Pretty sad, I know. A guy in my league just placed Waddle on the block. Thinking of offering Swift for him, but I feel Swift is slightly more valuable as far as the perception of him currently within the Dynasty community. Not sure how this guy views Swift, but what range of asset should I ask for on top of Waddle coming back my way? Maybe a 23 2nd? To be fair, I actually value Waddle more in my rebuild situation, but I don't want to leave any value on the table.
10 team Dynasty league with 6pts for all TDs. 
QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex (WRT), TE, K, & DST
League established: 2010
League champ: 2013, 2014, 2015(runner-up), 2016, 2017(runner-up), 2018, 2021
QB- Burrow, Lawrence, Lance
RB- Kamara, Swift, Javonte, Saquon, JK, Akers, E. Mitchell, Penny
WR- Jefferson, Chase, DK, Tee, Diontae, Pittman, Bateman, Rondale
TE- Pitts, Knox, Freiermuth
DST - Chi

10 team PPR Dynasty with 6pts for all TDs. 
QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex (WRT), TE, K, & DST
League established: 2019
QB- Wilson, Lawrence, Lance
RB- Taylor, Swift, CEH, E. Mitchell, Sermon, AJ Dillon, Stevenson, Penny, Patterson
WR- Jefferson, Chase, DJM, Diontae, OBJ, Palmer, Marshall, Rondale
TE- Hockenson, Irv Smith, Kmet, Trautman
Dst - TB, Mia

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Swift for Waddle

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:13 am

I’m lower on Swift than the consensus, but I don’t think you are going to get much back on top unless the other owner is loaded at WR and thinks he is just one RB away from contending. Their values are pretty close to me.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:23 am

I dont view Waddle as a long term WR1. He just lacks the size to me, so I would be looking for a different WR to build around if I was giving up a perceived RB1. (Not big on Swift either, but a lot of others are)

I would review rosters and look for a team with a lot of WR depth but lacking the RB, like BabyChark mentioned and start making inquiries.

I would consider selling high on Frieimuth and coupling him with Swift to upgrade both TE and get another nice WR to pair with Chase and DJM.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Tripwired
Captain
Captain

Postby Tripwired » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:24 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:13 am I’m lower on Swift than the consensus, but I don’t think you are going to get much back on top unless the other owner is loaded at WR and thinks he is just one RB away from contending. Their values are pretty close to me.
Fair enough. I don't disagree with you. I prefer Waddle over Swift in a startup, but wanted to make sure I don't miss out on any potential value. I'm fine swapping straight up. Of course, it'll depend on his viewpoint.
DST - Chi

RB- Taylor, Swift, CEH, E. Mitchell, Sermon, AJ Dillon, Stevenson, Penny, Patterson
Dst - TB, Mia

oneson9192
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oneson9192 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:30 am

My strategy in these situations is to ask "I'm interested in Waddle. Are you interested in Swift? If so, what do you think would be fair to add to Waddle to equal Swift?"

Most likely responses are:
- "I prefer Waddle straight up" - Now you have your answer: it'll cost Swift+, and you can decide if that's worth it to you.
- He suggests a pick or player, and you can counter. (e.g. Waddle + a second, and you counter with Waddle + a first, etc)

I like this strategy for two main reasons:
1) You've expressed interest, but you haven't shown your hand at all. Figure out what he thinks about the value of those players BEFORE you reveal what you think. I've gotten so many sweet deals over the years by figuring out what the other person is willing to accept BEFORE they find out what I was prepared to pay.
2) You're letting them implicitly make the first offer. This avoids an unnecessary overpay while also avoiding an unintentional/offensive lowball.
2021 Startup
Superflex – PPR - TE Premium (1.5 PPR) – 12 Team
1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 SF, 1 Flex

QB: J Allen, J Fields, D Jones, W Levis, S Darnold
RB: B Hall, K Walker, T Etienne, R Johnson, D Foreman, J McLaughlin, E Demercado
WR: ARSB, G Wilson, DK Metcalf, B Aiyuk, T Higgins, C Godwin, J Williams, R Bateman
TE: K Pitts, D Goedert, L Musgrave
2024: 1.03, 2.03, 3.11
2025: 1-3-4-4-5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:53 am

I prefer Waddle to Swift in a rebuild. If you could get a 2023 pick added to Waddle, I think that would be a big win but I would also shop Swift (if you have not already) and see what other offers are out there. Swift carries solid value despite the workload concerns. I would also shop CEH in case there is a buyer out there and the same for JuJu after he signs.

Tripwired
Captain
Captain

Postby Tripwired » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:59 am

oneson9192 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:30 am My strategy in these situations is to ask "I'm interested in Waddle. Are you interested in Swift? If so, what do you think would be fair to add to Waddle to equal Swift?"

- "I prefer Waddle straight up" - Now you have your answer: it'll cost Swift+, and you can decide if that's worth it to you.
- He suggests a pick or player, and you can counter. (e.g. Waddle + a second, and you counter with Waddle + a first, etc)

1) You've expressed interest, but you haven't shown your hand at all. Figure out what he thinks about the value of those players BEFORE you reveal what you think. I've gotten so many sweet deals over the years by figuring out what the other person is willing to accept BEFORE they find out what I was prepared to pay.
2) You're letting them implicitly make the first offer. This avoids an unnecessary overpay while also avoiding an unintentional/offensive lowball.
That's good stuff. I sent him a placeholder offer to start a conversation about it this morning. Basically like you said just to kick the tires and see
If he's interested. You make some very good points about opening trade dialog. I've adopted this over time because I've both been the one pushing the narrative and having it pushed on me by others. I learned quickly how annoying it is to have People lecture you on why you should take their trade offer, and make you feel inferior if you disagree. It's exhausting.
DST - Chi

Dst - TB, Mia

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:21 am

oneson9192 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:30 am My strategy in these situations is to ask "I'm interested in Waddle. Are you interested in Swift? If so, what do you think would be fair to add to Waddle to equal Swift?"

I dont want to play with you.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:47 am

Even if your rebuilding I’d want a late first in value to move Swift for Waddle. I think RBs always are devalued and this time of year as everyone is trying to sell them high. I’d hold swift till the Summer till position scarcity sets in them I think you can get waddle plus
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

oneson9192
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oneson9192 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:50 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:21 am

I dont want to play with you.
I don’t know whether this is a complement or an insult haha. I’ll pretend it’s the former.
2021 Startup
Superflex – PPR - TE Premium (1.5 PPR) – 12 Team
1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 SF, 1 Flex

QB: J Allen, J Fields, D Jones, W Levis, S Darnold
RB: B Hall, K Walker, T Etienne, R Johnson, D Foreman, J McLaughlin, E Demercado
WR: ARSB, G Wilson, DK Metcalf, B Aiyuk, T Higgins, C Godwin, J Williams, R Bateman
TE: K Pitts, D Goedert, L Musgrave
2024: 1.03, 2.03, 3.11
2025: 1-3-4-4-5