Newton or Bradford?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Newton or Bradford?

Postby knuckles50 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Who would you rather have as your qb2 and future starter with a qb1 like Romo or Schaub ahead of him, Newton or Bradford?
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Newton or Bradford?

Postby RobertBobson » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Slotting newton over bradford on the basis of one game is ridiculously premature. as of right now, I would rather have bradford.

However, a few more games like that ( well, not like that, but 300+ yard 2+ td games) and I'm willing to put him on the potential young stud tier with Freeman, bradford and stafford. What I think that performance did, IN my mind, is if we had to do the rookie drafts over, I'd take newton at 1.04 or 1.05.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Bradford and it is not in the same ballpark whatsoever imo. Bradford is by far the superior talent. A fluky game by Cam has his stock blown way way way out of proportion.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:50 pm

C´mon. this really isn´t a question. Calm down a little on yesterdays Newton performace....really! Bradford.... and its not close!!!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 pm

GridIronFavre wrote: Bradford is by far the superior talent.

I don't think I agree that Bradford is the superior talent, much less that it is "by far" what he is, is the much safer bet to translate into having a QB1 style career. I think Cam is probably more physically gifted than Bradford. But he's also much rawer and much riskier.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Bradford by a short mile. But witnessing Cam's ceiling was pretty exciting I must admit.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Bradford.

Newton hasn't become an elite passing prospect in one game. Bradford may be the best passing-QB prospect since 2005. Yes, even before Matt Ryan entered the league. Newton has a very high ceiling, though. Need to reel it back in a bit, though. It's been ONE GAME. :wtf:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Misfit74 wrote:Bradford.

Newton hasn't become an elite passing prospect in one game. Bradford may be the best passing-QB prospect since 2005. Yes, even before Matt Ryan entered the league. Newton has a very high ceiling, though. Need to reel it back in a bit, though. It's been ONE GAME. :wtf:
Well said Allen...

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:15 pm

RobertBobson wrote:
GridIronFavre wrote: Bradford is by far the superior talent.

I don't think I agree that Bradford is the superior talent, much less that it is "by far" what he is, is the much safer bet to translate into having a QB1 style career. I think Cam is probably more physically gifted than Bradford. But he's also much rawer and much riskier.
I think that Bradford offers elite talent and still stand by my opinion that Newton is a mediocre talent at the NFL level. There are still other rookie QBs I would prefer to him.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:01 am

for real, whats the next question should i get fitz or duecet, duecet did have a better game then fitz

rediculious question

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:01 am

BradyT wrote:C´mon. this really isn´t a question. Calm down a little on yesterdays Newton performace....really! Bradford.... and its not close!!!
I agree with you 100% Brady. It's waaaaaay too soon to compare the two. I would definitely rather have Bradford. But, If Newton puts up a few more games like his first, we could re-examine the question.... as I think he surprised a lot of people.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:42 am

I really don't understand the responses thus far. Really I don't. Everyone is acting like this is a ridiculous question to even be asking, and I don't understand it.

I think this is absolutely a legit question to ask. No matter which way your preference lies, I think you can make a serious case for either guy. I'm obviously going to be like the rest of you, wanting to see more of Newton before I anoint him as the next big thing, but I don't think we've seen enough of Bradford to come to any meaningful conclusions either.

What has Bradford done in his career thus far that makes you all assume he's leaps and bounds ahead of Newton from a fantasy perspective? He looked decent in his first year, particularly from a "game manager" standpoint, but I was never really wowed with his performance even once. Lots of check-downs and safe passes, not much explosiveness or many big plays. He had 1 fantasy game of over 20 points last year and that's it. Are any of you really comfortable with Bradford as your starting fantasy QB right now? Because I certainly wouldn't be. Newton, in his first start ever, has a 30+ point game. I certainly don't think 30+ point games will be the norm for Newton, but the potential is clearly there. I'm still waiting to see if Bradford has that potential or not.

If you absolutely made me choose right now which one I'd want on my fantasy team, I suppose I'd pick Bradford. But I'm telling you now that it would be by a relatively slim margin, and certainly not a "no brainer" like some make it seem.

And for the record, I own Bradford in my main dynasty league and Newton in no leagues.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:41 am

Water Buffalo wrote:I really don't understand the responses thus far. Really I don't. Everyone is acting like this is a ridiculous question to even be asking, and I don't understand it.

I think this is absolutely a legit question to ask. No matter which way your preference lies, I think you can make a serious case for either guy. I'm obviously going to be like the rest of you, wanting to see more of Newton before I anoint him as the next big thing, but I don't think we've seen enough of Bradford to come to any meaningful conclusions either.

What has Bradford done in his career thus far that makes you all assume he's leaps and bounds ahead of Newton from a fantasy perspective? He looked decent in his first year, particularly from a "game manager" standpoint, but I was never really wowed with his performance even once. Lots of check-downs and safe passes, not much explosiveness or many big plays. He had 1 fantasy game of over 20 points last year and that's it. Are any of you really comfortable with Bradford as your starting fantasy QB right now? Because I certainly wouldn't be. Newton, in his first start ever, has a 30+ point game. I certainly don't think 30+ point games will be the norm for Newton, but the potential is clearly there. I'm still waiting to see if Bradford has that potential or not.

If you absolutely made me choose right now which one I'd want on my fantasy team, I suppose I'd pick Bradford. But I'm telling you now that it would be by a relatively slim margin, and certainly not a "no brainer" like some make it seem.

And for the record, I own Bradford in my main dynasty league and Newton in no leagues.

I´m offering you Newton and a 2nd for Bradford right now.. or is a 3rd instead of a 2nd enough? ...

Newton had one nice game.. Bradford had one really good season with basically nothing to throw the ball to. He made his WR work, made them better as they really are. Thats why Bradford is way ahead of Newton right now!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:44 am

First off, I want to say that I agree that this isn't a ridiculous question, and I very much agree with what Water Buffalo said. I will say that I prefer Bradford, mainly bc I like McDaniels as his OC. I think that both players will someday be QB1's in FF, but Bradford is the safer pick IMO. I own Cam in a dynasty league, and due to unforeseen circumstances, he is my starting QB. But, I would definitely trade him for Sam Bradford.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowdudes - 14 team - SF, PPR, No TEP - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:54 am

A little birdy told me that Newton would be a QB1 in 12 team leagues, probably better than Romo and Schaub. I think he's worth buying at a top 12 price, but I think Bradford will be just a little better once the Rams get a WR1. This is going to take patience, but I'm not taking Cam Newton's performance lightly. Rushing QB's are really fantasy friendly as we can see from Rodgers,Vick, & Freeman and it's becoming very difficult to rank these QB's between the range of 6 - 12, atleast for me.