DeAndre Washington

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

DeAndre Washington; watch out Latavius?

Postby Phaded » Wed May 04, 2016 11:40 am

Latavius Murray is nothing special, he's a replaceable back.

We know that the Raiders were trying to bring someone in; they failed to do so so they brought in DeAndre Washington.

Now you may say; he is "only" a 5th round, but Latavius Murray is a 6th rounder in a contract year and the Raiders are not sold on him.

Then, todays blurb:
Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie talked up fifth-round RB DeAndre Washington, calling him "more than just a third-down back; he's a complete back."

"He can pound it up in there," McKenzie continued. "When he gets out in space, he can make you look silly. He can catch the ball, but he can run between the tackles as well as well as bouncing it outside. We think he’s the total package as a runner."
A lot of people were saying that Helu would take the job from Murray; but after injuries to start the season, he was hampered and that never happened.

McKenzie is evidently very high on him and if the front office feels this strongly about Washington, regardless of draft position - don't be surprised if he gets a legit shot sooner than later.

With that o-line, could be a sneaky late 2nd pick.

Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Re: DeAndre Washington; watch out Latavius?

Postby Monkey » Wed May 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Ssshhh...

I nabbed him at 4.04 in a 12 man superflex and I feel like I got an absolute steal.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Wed May 04, 2016 12:46 pm

Past about 2.12, you could do a lot worse in a rookie draft than taking him.
He at worst IMO has better receiving chops than Latavius and I can see how he could be a pretty decent interior runner as well. Maybe not down in and down out, but can definitely take touches from Lat
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed May 04, 2016 1:37 pm

jubben wrote:Ssshhh...

I nabbed him at 4.04 in a 12 man superflex and I feel like I got an absolute steal.
4.04? That is great.

I picked up 3.01 as a throw in of a trade and I think he is probably going to be my target there.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri May 06, 2016 12:06 am

I think McKenzie is just defending his dubious draft pick. They meant to address RB, but for one reason or another had to settle for Washington. I wouldn't get excited. Undersized RBs that also struggle with pass-protection and ball-security are rarely something you want to roll the dice on in dynasty. I'm not necessarily against 200 lbs RBs, but I am against them when they don't have strong 3rd-down skills to make up for it.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri May 06, 2016 4:14 am

Both DeAndre and Latavius are keeping the seat warm for whatever back they take with a late 1st I 2017.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Fri May 06, 2016 4:41 am

I think they're trying to light a fire under Lat. He will be fine as an RB2 this season but I expect him to be replaced in 2017 so trying to sell him.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Fri May 06, 2016 6:30 am

koalabear wrote:I think they're trying to light a fire under Lat. He will be fine as an RB2 this season but I expect him to be replaced in 2017 so trying to sell him.
NFL teams don't waste draft capital to "light a fire" under a player. In fact, lighting a fire aka motivating someone to give more effort, is something NFL coaches do not have time for.
Their jobs are on the line every single day and if they have a "starting" RB that doesn't have a fire/passion/drive to be great, then they aren't using draft capital to motivate him, they are using draft capital on Washington because they think he can contribute to their team and make their team better.

Could that potentially mean they are drafting Washington and saying hey, this kid could be our starter? I think they are absolutely saying that.
Washington could be a special teams role player that is just better than whoever they have in a similar role on their team, but after 2.12 in a rookie draft, there are a lot less worthy fliers than Washington who could end up stealing significant touches from Lat and potentially taking his job.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Fri May 06, 2016 6:33 am

HawkeyeState wrote:Past about 2.12, you could do a lot worse in a rookie draft than taking him.
He at worst IMO has better receiving chops than Latavius and I can see how he could be a pretty decent interior runner as well. Maybe not down in and down out, but can definitely take touches from Lat
Taking touches from is different than replacing though (not that you said anything about replacing). Every starting RB in the league has someone taking touches away, it's just the nature of the game. And Murray did have 41 catches last year, which isn't a ton, but it's not nothing either. I do think Murray will be replaced at some point probably, but not by anyone currently on the roster, though as you said, starting at about the late 2nd you could do worse than taking a flier on Washington.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri May 06, 2016 6:40 am

Dookmariot wrote:Both DeAndre and Latavius are keeping the seat warm for whatever back they take with a late 1st I 2017.
I do agree with this - neither Latavius or DeAndre are the long term answer.

Late 1st in 2017 eh... ;)

I'm just saying that I would not be surprised if Washington has more fantasy value than Murray this year. And for what will likely be a 3rd round rookie pick or later, you're usually not getting a solid long term investment anyhow.

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:42 am

Yeah, they're the Raiders. They're blind squirrels who occasionally find a nut but they probably didn't this time.

My guess is they were hoping Booker or Dixon would continue to fall and they didn't. They still should have picked either Howard or Perkins I think but that's why they're the Raiders.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:31 am

Latavius owners should definitely try to get Washington though. Murray will go balls out in this contract year. If he stays healthy that's a bonus. If not, Washington is a gamer who may be much more than most think he is right now..

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri May 06, 2016 8:24 am

TommyL31 wrote:Yeah, they're the Raiders. They're blind squirrels who occasionally find a nut but they probably didn't this time.

My guess is they were hoping Booker or Dixon would continue to fall and they didn't. They still should have picked either Howard or Perkins I think but that's why they're the Raiders.
Pretty much this.
This is the team that paid Helu a decent amount to come sit inactive half the season
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Kryptonite!
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kryptonite! » Fri May 06, 2016 8:24 am

I got Washington at 4.04 in my 8 team league (equivalent to 3.04 in a 12 team league). I'm not a big believer in Murray and think Washington at least takes the majority of passing down work, catching out of the backfield was a strength in college. I don't expect him to be the lead guy, but at times it seemed Oak would bench Murray for stretches at a time during games as if they weren't pleased with him. If that is indeed the case I could see Washington as the primary rb sooner than later, not a bad flier at that point. As for a good majority of RBs, Murray/Washington could be made worthless with a high 2017 RB pick. Next summer may be time to sell high on a lot of RBs, quite a few may get tre mason'd...
TEAM 1
8 Team - 26 roster - PPR - 1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 1Flex 1K 1D/ST 1IR

QB: A.Rodgers, A.Dalton
WR: J.Jones, O.Beckham, A.Cooper, D.Hopkins, Dem.Thomas, B.Marshall, J.Gordon, E.Sanders, Cal.Johnson
RB: T.Gurley, L.Miller, J.Charles, J.Hill, G.Bernard, J.Ajayi, T.Mason
TE: T.Eifert, J.Thomas, E.Ebron
K: C.Santos
D/ST: Los Angeles, Kansas City

2016 picks: 2.05, 3.01, 3.04, 4.02
2017 picks: 1st, 1st, 4th, 4th

TEAM 2
8 Team - 28 Roster - PPR - 1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 1Flex 1K 1D/ST 1IR

QB: A.Rodgers, M.Stafford, T.Taylor
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, D.Bryant, A.Green, Dem.Thomas, B.Marshall, J.Gordon, Mic.Floyd, L.Treadwell, T.Boyd, C.Hogan
RB: L.Miller, D.Martin, L.McCoy, E.Lacy, C.Hyde, G.Bernard, D.Murray, I.Crowell
TE: T.Eifert, J.Graham, A.Seferian-Jenkins, D.Allen
K: C.Catanzaro
D/ST: Houston, Minnesota

2017 picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 4th

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Fri May 06, 2016 8:42 am

Why are people so down on Latavius Murray?
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion