Team Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
khaos337
Role Player
Role Player

Team Advice

Postby khaos337 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Team is in the signature. I already traded for (stole) Ridley and Conner this offseason. Who would you take 1.01? Where do you think I need to improve and who would you attempt to move to do so? Where do you think this team finishes?
T1

10 Team, .5 PPR, 2QB

'19 Champs

QB: Jackson, Kyler, Ben, Winston, McCoy
RB: Fournette, Gurley, Conner, Davis, Michel, Roundtree, Ty'Son, Tony Jones, Freeman. Wilson, Bolden, Sanders, Sermon
WR: Hill, Ridley, M. Williams, Gallup, Parker, Mims, Cephus, B. Edwards, Q. Watkins, Sharpe, C. Wilson, P. Williams
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Everette
K: Bass
Def/ST: NE ARI

T2

10 Team, .5 PPR, Devy, IDP, SF

QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Allen, Bridgewater, Rudolph, Rosen, Haskins, Mariota
RB: Jacobs, Sanders, J. Taylor, Singletary, Guice, Hines, Samuels, Gaskin, Perine, Scott
WR: M. Thomas, AJ Brown, Dionte, C. Samuel, Sutton, D. Samuel, Boykin, Campbell, P. Williams
TE: Hockenson, Herndon, Goedert, Hurst, Fant, Dissly, Thomas
K: Bailey
DL: Hunter, Garrett, Young, A Smith, Golden
LB: Bush, D. Jones, R. Smith, Alexander, Bush, Landry
DB: Peppers, Savage, Thornhill, Simmons, Fuller
TAXI: Stidham, Grier, Hurd, Irv Smith, Sternberger, Isabella, Cephus, J. Chase, Hubbard, Bateman

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Team Advice

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:28 pm

Wait for the NFL draft to happen before you decide who you are going to take with the 1.01 or move the pick for a great package if that is a possibly post draft. You could use another solid WR if you can find a way to add one. Being a 10 team 2 QB league, I'm guessing your QB's are not going to be enough to make you super competitive, perhaps a top tier QB should be your focus or maybe that is what you are hoping for with the 1.01. I could see your team being a low playoff seed.

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby mrmagloo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:49 pm

Late seed for playoff. You need another stud WR. Don't know if you will find that in this years draft.
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

Gronk
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Gronk » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:22 pm

In a 10 team league you need at least 1 stud QB. You could also use another stud WR or two.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:04 pm

QB and WR are your biggest needs. Potential playoff team but not a contender.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

khaos337
Role Player
Role Player

Postby khaos337 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:35 am

Do you think it's worth it to sell out to try to aquire a stud wr and qb? Or stand Pat and try to develop through the draft?
T1

10 Team, .5 PPR, 2QB

'19 Champs

RB: Fournette, Gurley, Conner, Davis, Michel, Roundtree, Ty'Son, Tony Jones, Freeman. Wilson, Bolden, Sanders, Sermon
WR: Hill, Ridley, M. Williams, Gallup, Parker, Mims, Cephus, B. Edwards, Q. Watkins, Sharpe, C. Wilson, P. Williams

T2

RB: Jacobs, Sanders, J. Taylor, Singletary, Guice, Hines, Samuels, Gaskin, Perine, Scott
WR: M. Thomas, AJ Brown, Dionte, C. Samuel, Sutton, D. Samuel, Boykin, Campbell, P. Williams
TAXI: Stidham, Grier, Hurd, Irv Smith, Sternberger, Isabella, Cephus, J. Chase, Hubbard, Bateman

Gronk
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Gronk » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:25 am

khaos337 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:35 am Do you think it's worth it to sell out to try to aquire a stud wr and qb? Or stand Pat and try to develop through the draft?
I'd personally try to sell out. If Hill doesn't play or is suspended then you'll be in a world of hurt. I'd try to make some package deal where you trade some depth and the 1.01 to get a stud wr and/or a qb1.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:10 am

Package the 1.01 with Fournette or another RB and go after an elite WR. I also don't love your QBs, so I'd try to upgrade at least one of them.

khaos337
Role Player
Role Player

Postby khaos337 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 am

Lets say I could move Conner, Freeman, Anderson, 1.01 and 3.01 (it would probably take more but I think thats a good starting point) for Saquon and Mike Evans, would you do that? 2nd step would be to flip saquon for stud QB. Problem is a lot of the top teams have these top players, so Saquon is probably one of the only guys I could get to then flip. The guy with Saquon is one of the worst teams in the league so I'm hoping he would trade him and Evans for some depth.
T1

10 Team, .5 PPR, 2QB

'19 Champs

T2

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:54 am

khaos337 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 am Lets say I could move Conner, Freeman, Anderson, 1.01 and 3.01 (it would probably take more but I think thats a good starting point) for Saquon and Mike Evans, would you do that? 2nd step would be to flip saquon for stud QB. Problem is a lot of the top teams have these top players, so Saquon is probably one of the only guys I could get to then flip. The guy with Saquon is one of the worst teams in the league so I'm hoping he would trade him and Evans for some depth.
I don't think that's even close Barkley, let alone getting Evans on top.