whats the best way to attack a superflex league start up draft?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

whats the best way to attack a superflex league start up draft?

Postby playa_hata » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm

new to dynasty leagues and im wondering what is the best route to go about a draft in a superflex league assuming there is ppc te premium and no k/d/idp and an additional standard flex spot? i hate to draft a mediocre qb over an elite player but i feel like it is a must in superflex leagues. as well as the rb and te positions getting that extra bonus with the .1-.25 ppc and the 1.5 premium should the wr position get addressed last? my signature is the team ive just drafted in my first dynasty start up. any suggestions would help. thanks ! :dance:
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: whats the best way to attack a superflex league start up draft?

Postby skip » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:03 pm

Thanks, DD. I think we b to find a place to sticky these types of questions because they come up so often
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:15 pm

you have to get 2 quarterbacks in the first 4 rounds at least, preferably in the first 3 rounds. I'd recommend trading your first round startup pick for more mid round picks and future rookie picks.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 am

benpickering44 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:15 pm you have to get 2 quarterbacks in the first 4 rounds at least, preferably in the first 3 rounds. I'd recommend trading your first round startup pick for more mid round picks and future rookie picks.
i would not recommend this. established players are usually a better bet for building a solid team than stocking up on rookie picks.

also you gotta see how the draft plays out, don't take 2 qbs early if nobody seems to be jumping on qbs.

best advice is to take a lot of wrs and still try to end up with 1 stud rb and i personally like to ensure myself one of gronk ertz or kelce when possible but if you miss on them shoot for engram or hunter henry
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:45 pm

skip wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:03 pm Thanks, DD. I think we b to find a place to sticky these types of questions because they come up so often
Maybe a good idea. New category?

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:06 pm

That would rock.'
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:09 pm

sorry for the repetitiveness
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:37 pm

fooseball1031 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm new to dynasty leagues and im wondering what is the best route to go about a draft in a superflex league assuming there is ppc te premium and no k/d/idp and an additional standard flex spot? i hate to draft a mediocre qb over an elite player but i feel like it is a must in superflex leagues. as well as the rb and te positions getting that extra bonus with the .1-.25 ppc and the 1.5 premium should the wr position get addressed last? my signature is the team ive just drafted in my first dynasty start up. any suggestions would help. thanks ! :dance:
if its for the team in your sig...im guessing that maybe you are looking for rookie draft strategy? i would rank positional advantages in this order...qb, stud rb, te, wr, rb2. when it comes to evaluating the rookies and who is available...thats on you. i like to play with the guys i like, just makes the game a little more fun imo. in order to do that....i like to wait until the pick is on the clock with early picks, and trade my later picks.

as to specifics.....if there is a qb there that you want in your drafts...take him. it may be the cheapest that you will ever get him. likewise with a potential rb. as to te's....id trade for them once proven.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:59 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 am
benpickering44 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:15 pm you have to get 2 quarterbacks in the first 4 rounds at least, preferably in the first 3 rounds. I'd recommend trading your first round startup pick for more mid round picks and future rookie picks.
i would not recommend this. established players are usually a better bet for building a solid team than stocking up on rookie picks.

also you gotta see how the draft plays out, don't take 2 qbs early if nobody seems to be jumping on qbs.

best advice is to take a lot of wrs and still try to end up with 1 stud rb and i personally like to ensure myself one of gronk ertz or kelce when possible but if you miss on them shoot for engram or hunter henry
multiple mid round start-up picks AND more future rookie picks are much more valuable than a single high pick. Depth wins championships, not top heavy rosters.

In almost all 2qb / superflex you have to assume that they are going early. The start-up is by far the easiest way to acquire anchor qb's.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:39 am

dlf_jaronf wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:45 pm
skip wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:03 pm Thanks, DD. I think we b to find a place to sticky these types of questions because they come up so often
Maybe a good idea. New category?
That would be great; especially with them becoming more popular.