Bucs released RB Derrick Ward

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Bucs released RB Derrick Ward

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:13 am

Bucs released RB Derrick Ward.

It may seem hard to believe that the Bucs would cut ties with Ward one year after signing him to a four-year, $17 million contract, but anybody watching him run in preseason action could see the writing on the wall. Ward has lost more than few steps, and the difference in burst between him and Kareem Huggins was stark. Huggins will move into the change-of-pace role while Cadillac Williams solidifies his standing as the lead back. GM Mark Dominik's seat continues to get hotter and hotter.
Rotoworld

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Bucs released RB Derrick Ward

Postby BeRanDone » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:20 pm

I snatched Huggins up awhile ago in my two dynasty leagues, but passed on him in my keeper league draft a couple days ago. I just picked him up in my keeper league because of this news. Let's see what this little guy can do when the games count!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Bucs released RB Derrick Ward

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:36 pm

The Texans are set to sign RB Derrick Ward, according to the Houston Chronicle's John McClain.

The preseason tape on Ward is rather unimpressive, and it's clear that he's merely being signed for depth with Steve Slaton and Jeremiah Johnson nursing toe injuries to start the season. Arian Foster will carry the load against the Colts next week. Ward be used in a "break glass in case of emergency" fashion.
Rotoworld