Vjax trade!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
haydn239
Captain
Captain

Vjax trade!

Postby haydn239 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Are Vjax owners looking to sell high? With a potential looming suspension as well as the uncertainty of trade talks and where he may land, was wondering how other owners felt about his value right now? I am looking to acquire Vjax in one of my leagues. 12 team PPR:
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RBs: 2-3
Number of Starting WRs: 2-4
Number of Starting TEs: 1-3
Number of Starting Defs: 1

Roster:
QB: Flacco, Joe BAL QB Jackson, Tarvaris MIN QB McCoy, Colt CLE QB (R) Palmer, Carson CIN QB
RB: Charles, Jamaal KCC RB ,Hardesty, Montario CLE RB (R) Hilliard, Lex MIA RB - Johnson, Chris TEN RB , Johnson, Gartrell NYG RB , Jones, Thomas KCC RB - Slaton, Steve HOU RB Smith, Kevin DET RB
WR: Bryant, Antonio CIN WR -Edwards, Braylon NYJ WR -Ginn Jr., Ted SFO WR Robiskie, Brian CLE WR ,Shipley, Jordan CIN WR (R) Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR , Smith, Steve NYG WR , Stroughter, Sammie TBB WR
TE: Onobun, Fendi STL TE (R) , Scheffler, Tony DET TE, Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE - Winslow, Kellen TBB TE ,
DEF: Patriots, New England NEP Def ,Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def

I would be trying to offer:
Braylon
Slaton or K. Smith
2011 1st

for Vjax
??? A. Gonzalez or J. Jones (if i can swing it)

Thoughts, feedback???? Thanks!
Twitter @haydn239

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Vjax trade!

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:37 pm

I would try Braylon and one of the RB's you mentioned for VJax as a starting offer. Talk Braylon and the fact that he is in a contract year up... :D

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Steelersfan wrote:I would try Braylon and one of the RB's you mentioned for VJax as a starting offer. Talk Braylon and the fact that he is in a contract year up... :D
Most def a good start point...you think the value with the 2011 1st and if i can get J. Jones is a pretty balanced trade?
Twitter @haydn239

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:46 pm

haydn239 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:I would try Braylon and one of the RB's you mentioned for VJax as a starting offer. Talk Braylon and the fact that he is in a contract year up... :D
Most def a good start point...you think the value with the 2011 1st and if i can get J. Jones is a pretty balanced trade?
It's tough to say right now considering VJax's contract situation. The 2011 WR class is looking really nice right now so I would try to include something else if possible.

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Now is definitely the time to buy Vjax, but as an owner I'd turn down anything that involved Braylon and either of those backs. Doesn't mean you shouldn't send it as a starting point to see if the owner is worried.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:00 pm

haydn239 wrote:Are Vjax owners looking to sell high? With a potential looming suspension as well as the uncertainty of trade talks and where he may land, was wondering how other owners felt about his value right now? I am looking to acquire Vjax in one of my leagues. 12 team PPR:
This plus the fact that he is rumored to be sitting out 10 games in 2010 and a possible lock out in 2011. If you want him I think the time to buy him is now. Someone will definitely be afraid and want to deal him.

I think he's a good WR, but not in the top 10. So I don't like your offer, especially a 2011 1st in the mix. Let's say he gets traded to a team with a suspect QB? He only caught 68 balls last year with Rivers tossing the rock deep. He gets traded and his reception total could drop as well and he falls into the WR2/WR3 category?!

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:31 pm

I wouldn't try to move Braylon now. I think you'd be selling short cuz his percieved value is down right now. I happen to be a Braylon believer and since he's in a contract year and I'm expecting a bounce back year I'd sit on him. wait till his value goes up and if you still wanna upgrade then go for it.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:40 pm

I have VJax on a team, and I won't be trading him for anything less than full value. I've gotten some lowball offers (like VJax for Pierre Thomas), but I'm quick to deflect them & tell the other owners to come knocking once VJax plays a few games.

But on the team where I have VJax, I'm pretty stacked at WR, so I can weather the storm.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 pm

my league is interesting. Vjax is on his final yr and cant be resigned. it'll be interesting to see if he tries to trade him to get any value at all. i know i would but my league tends to hold players and lose them to free agency. i have one of the stronger teams, but i'm also in by far the toughest division, so its not assured that i'll make the playoffs, so i'm thinking of offering a conditional trade, my 1st if he plays at all this fantasy season that changes to a 3rd if he sits out the whole season.
Last edited by Guppy CEO on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:21 pm

MARKinMI wrote:I wouldn't try to move Braylon now. I think you'd be selling short cuz his percieved value is down right now. I happen to be a Braylon believer and since he's in a contract year and I'm expecting a bounce back year I'd sit on him. wait till his value goes up and if you still wanna upgrade then go for it.
Braylon was in a contract year in 2009, too, and that resulted in a whopping 45 receptions, 680 yards, and 4 TDs. Count me as not a Braylon believer.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:37 pm

He also got traded to a new team durring the season. he didn't have training camp to build repoire (sp?) with his new ROOKIE QB. Besides, what happens to his value if he goes to a seattle or San Diego next yr. its a possibility

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:13 pm

hot nikkels wrote: This plus the fact that he is rumored to be sitting out 10 games in 2010 and a possible lock out in 2011. If you want him I think the time to buy him is now. Someone will definitely be afraid and want to deal him.
Highly unlikely you are looking at a lockout. The owners and union have already begun talks regarding a 6 year deal. No one in the NFL is foolish enough to have a lockout season when the league is #1 in the sports world by such a significant margin.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:19 pm

skip wrote:
hot nikkels wrote: This plus the fact that he is rumored to be sitting out 10 games in 2010 and a possible lock out in 2011. If you want him I think the time to buy him is now. Someone will definitely be afraid and want to deal him.
Highly unlikely you are looking at a lockout. The owners and union have already begun talks regarding a 6 year deal. No one in the NFL is foolish enough to have a lockout season when the league is #1 in the sports world by such a significant margin.
I agree and more importantly I hope we are right...