Survivor Discussion: Week 14

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Survivor Discussion: Week 14

Postby Jason » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:33 am

I'm locking in Detroit at home and calling it a day. There's a reason they are 56% on Yahoo right now, not a very enticing board this week. This is my payoff for not using them against the Jaguars a couple weeks ago, I get to roll out the chalk here.

If you've got ATL I say play them vs LA, and I kinda like Washington @ PHI but I'm gonna take the home division team in Detroit over the road division team in Washington...plus Washington is on my short list of possible teams for week 15 when they welcome the panthers to DC.

If you still have Cincy at your disposal then I guess you can fade the Browns, most I assume used them in their last matchup vs Cleveland though.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Survivor Discussion: Week 14

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:10 am

Yup! I'm rolling with DET as well. No other options really. The only other team that pops out to me is taking the 49ers at home facing Bryce Petty lol. But who are they starting, Gabbert?

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:17 am

I will also be rolling with Detroit, only reason I didn't take them agaisnt jacsonville a few weeks ago as the OP mentioned. It's a really tough week.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:32 am

I locked in Lions too. I'm sure half the pool left will, and therefor half the pool will get out including me. ahhh i hope not

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:34 pm

Ryantacular wrote:I locked in Lions too. I'm sure half the pool left will, and therefor half the pool will get out including me. ahhh i hope not
This has me strongly considering the 49ers. There are 9 teams left and I think most will go with DET. I think Kaep has a good game, and can't see Bryce Petty traveling across the country for a W.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:06 pm

pokerface40 wrote:
Ryantacular wrote:I locked in Lions too. I'm sure half the pool left will, and therefor half the pool will get out including me. ahhh i hope not
This has me strongly considering the 49ers. There are 9 teams left and I think most will go with DET. I think Kaep has a good game, and can't see Bryce Petty traveling across the country for a W.
The 49ers just got blownout by a Matt Barkley led Bears team. I know the circumstances are different but If the Jets aren't morons and hand the ball off to Forte/Powell 40 times they should win this game handily. If they try to make Petty the hero like monday night they will probably lose but SF is so bad they might still win. I'd tread lightly is all I'm saying.

Sincerely, a completely jaded 49ers fan.

The Black Swordsman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby The Black Swordsman » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Jason wrote:
pokerface40 wrote:
The 49ers just got blownout by a Matt Barkley led Bears team. I know the circumstances are different but If the Jets aren't morons and hand the ball off to Forte/Powell 40 times they should win this game handily. If they try to make Petty the hero like monday night they will probably lose but SF is so bad they might still win. I'd tread lightly is all I'm saying.

I think to be fair, Forte isnt as physical as Howard and there wont be any snow. The Bears defense is better than the jets defense on the back end. And the 49er's are at home this time. In my pool, once you hit week 13, you have to pick 2teams per week, so I'm more inclined than others to take 49er's. The Lions scare me for some reason. It's probably just me overthinking things though. Looking forward, however assuming cowboys lock up things early, the lions might be a viable option in week 17 against them. These are the teams I'm thinking about this week based on availability:

Lions
Titans(if Siemian doesn't play)
Redskins
Falcons
Bucs
Colts

Any more thoughts?
Team 1
14 Team Dynasty PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB 1FLEX , 2TS(Taxi Squad) 2IR
QB: Rivers
RB: Gore/Crowell/Kelley/Perine/McFadden/Carson/Darkwa/Conner/Carson/Mike Davis()
WR: Green/Demaryius/Edelman/Chris Godwin/Gordon/D. Byrd/C. Henderson()
TE:[/b])/Henry
DL: David Irving/Melvin Ingram/Ackiem Hicks
LB: Ogletree/Demario Davis/Kyle Van Noy
DB: Kyle Fuller/Adrian Amos

2018: 1st, 2nd and 4th rd pick
2019: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd pick

Team 2
12 Team PPR Auction Keeper - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, K, DEFENSE
QB: Brady/Goff
RB: Mccoy/Fournette/Lamar/Drake/Conner/Kamara/Latavius/[/b])
WR: Fitz/Marvin Jones/Robby/Corey Coleman/Edelman[/b])
TE: V. Davis
K:Gostkowski
DEF: Ravens/Jags

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:54 am

I may be overthinking things, but with Riddick out and probably 80 % of my pool choosing Detroit I'm going to stay away from that game and go with the Colts.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Aaaand now I'm regretting not playing it safe, which is what has gotten me this far. Luck better have one hell of a 4th quarter. : /

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:25 am

Jason wrote:
pokerface40 wrote:

I tried warning you about the 49ers, ugh. Petty made some pretty sick throws and had a couple nice runs, not sure if he's just a guy who needs experience like Cousins did or if it was the 49ers pathetic D that made him suddenly look competent.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:30 am

Someone in my pool lost trying be smooth and pick 49ers. 1 got out on no pick, (smh) and 13 out from indy. no other losses. 55 left out of 430.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:36 am

Jason wrote:
pokerface40 wrote:
Ryantacular wrote:

I tried warning you about the 49ers, ugh. Petty made some pretty sick throws and had a couple nice runs, not sure if he's just a guy who needs experience like Cousins did or if it was the 49ers pathetic D that made him suddenly look competent.
I ended up rolling with Detroit, thanks in part to your advice. We are allowed 2 strikes, 8 out of 9 of us already had a strike and all took DET. The 1 guy left with no strikes took Indy, so we are all even, lose and you go home.

The Black Swordsman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby The Black Swordsman » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:41 am

I took atl and the damn colts, luckily its 3 strikes, now im down to my last out.
Team 1
14 Team Dynasty PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB 1FLEX , 2TS(Taxi Squad) 2IR
QB: Rivers
RB: Gore/Crowell/Kelley/Perine/McFadden/Carson/Darkwa/Conner/Carson/Mike Davis()
WR: Green/Demaryius/Edelman/Chris Godwin/Gordon/D. Byrd/C. Henderson()
TE:[/b])/Henry
DL: David Irving/Melvin Ingram/Ackiem Hicks
LB: Ogletree/Demario Davis/Kyle Van Noy
DB: Kyle Fuller/Adrian Amos

2018: 1st, 2nd and 4th rd pick
2019: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd pick

Team 2
12 Team PPR Auction Keeper - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, K, DEFENSE
QB: Brady/Goff
RB: Mccoy/Fournette/Lamar/Drake/Conner/Kamara/Latavius/[/b])
WR: Fitz/Marvin Jones/Robby/Corey Coleman/Edelman[/b])
TE: V. Davis
K:Gostkowski
DEF: Ravens/Jags