another gurley for booker offer...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

another gurley for booker offer...

Postby hord » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:42 pm

i posted yesterday about a trade offer involving gurley and booker, but also my hopkins... ended up declining... the gurley owner is back at me again today and seems desperate to make a trade... so i think i can twist this trade anyway i want....he wants booker to fill in his bye week...
this is for team 1 in sig.. currently 2 offers.

give: booker(2), luck(2), moncrief(1)
get: gurley(1), ryan(2), maclin(1)

or

give booker and a 10th
get gurley and a 7th

i still feel like booker could outscore gurley this year, and he might make for a nice tier 2 keeper... i also like moncrief over maclin....and im not sure if ryan can keep up this pace..
what do i do here??

his other players of note..

landry, cobb, ajahai, kelce, gore, minn D

help me please. accept one of those, counter or stay put??
thanks
Team #1
12 team .5 ppr- Superflex
full dynasty start up (2022)

1Qb, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1F, 1SF, 1D, 1K, 8B

QB- Allen, Watson, cousins carr
RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
WR- diggs, kupp, A.J Brown, waddel, jamo
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

MacLeod
Role Player
Role Player

Re: another gurley for booker offer...

Postby MacLeod » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:50 pm

I feel like I would take the 2nd offer, but like I said in my thread...I'm not very good at judging trade value. I think Gurley > Booker and the 7th is obviously better than the 10th.
12 team league (1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flx, 1k, 1dst) Contract system $104 cap
QB: Rodgers (6/$13.75), Cousins (2/$2)
RB: Peterson (2/$20), T Gurley (2/$2R), L Murray (1/$2), D Williams (2/$3), J Ajayi (3/$2), D Washington (3/$2)
WR: D Bryant (1/$8.15), M Evans (1/$1R), J Matthews (1/$0.5R), A Robinson (1/$0.5R),
D Moncrief (1/$0.5R), D Parker (1/$0.5R), E Decker (3/$3), J Doctson (3/$1R), C Meredith (3/$2)
TE: D Walker (2/$1), L Green (2/$2), G Barnidge (3/$2)
K: S Hauschka (3/$3)
DST: Buffalo (1/$3), Philadelphia (2/$3), KC (3/$3)

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:26 pm

long term for sure
but I feel like booker could outscore gurley this year
Team #1

RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:56 pm

anyone else? I need to decide tonight, im really stuck on this one...
was thinking of swaping out moncrief and giving Matthews for cobb...

Wilson, Matthews, booker, NE d
ryan, cobb, gurley, minn D

does this help me?
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:00 pm

With it only being a 4 keeper, and making top picks less valuable cuz you can only keep two, I would stick with what you have tbh.

I think Booker will out score gurley the rest of the year, and I would rather have luck instead of Ryan. I was huge on Maclin as a value play before the start of the year, but he has done nothing, so i would prefer Moncrief going forward.

It doesn't help your keeper possibilities as you are goin to Keep Julio for sure, and probably Nuk over Gurley? So being as you won't keep him, i would pass.

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:02 pm

grooner wrote:With it only being a 4 keeper, and making top picks less valuable cuz you can only keep two, I would stick with what you have tbh.

I think Booker will out score gurley the rest of the year, and I would rather have luck instead of Ryan. I was huge on Maclin as a value play before the start of the year, but he has done nothing, so i would prefer Moncrief going forward.

It doesn't help your keeper possibilities as you are goin to Keep Julio for sure, and probably Nuk over Gurley? So being as you won't keep him, i would pass.
yeah gurley wouldn't even be in my top 4 to be honest...between nuk, Julio dj, ...well maybe 4 I guess... but no way he is a keeper over those guys.
so its really, does this trade help me going forward for this year.. I have a very legit shot at a title... so if I am gonna make a move, I want it to be immediate help...
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:20 pm

hord wrote:
grooner wrote:With it only being a 4 keeper, and making top picks less valuable cuz you can only keep two, I would stick with what you have tbh.

yeah gurley wouldn't even be in my top 4 to be honest...between nuk, Julio dj, ...well maybe 4 I guess... but no way he is a keeper over those guys.
so its really, does this trade help me going forward for this year.. I have a very legit shot at a title... so if I am gonna make a move, I want it to be immediate help...
I missed DJ tbh lol, I saw Mccoy as your first Rb and didn't look further, this makes it an even easier decline imo.

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:30 pm

yeah I don't think il let dj go.... ahha

im still torn on this... I def don't want to take his offer, but im considering countering with
Wilson, Matthews, booker and NE d
for ryan, cobb, gurley and minnD
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:02 pm

I would do any of those trades if I were you, I'm probably one of Booker's biggest fans going back to college but Gurley is a monster.

Where is this deal now?
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:21 am

Coogan Football wrote:I would do any of those trades if I were you, I'm probably one of Booker's biggest fans going back to college but Gurley is a monster
Where is this deal now?
he basically said he was good sticking with what he had... because he felt I pretty much had made up my mind anyway...
but I know if I went back to him, he would do it....
do you really think gurley will be any better the rest of this year... I know dynasty wise its a no brainer... gurley is a stud... but given my settings, and making a run this year... do you think gurley out plays booker for the rest of this season?
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:17 am

hord wrote:
Coogan Football wrote:I would do any of those trades if I were you, I'm probably one of Booker's biggest fans going back to college but Gurley is a monster
Where is this deal now?
he basically said he was good sticking with what he had... because he felt I pretty much had made up my mind anyway...
do you really think gurley will be any better the rest of this year... I know dynasty wise its a no brainer... gurley is a stud... but given my settings, and making a run this year... do you think gurley out plays booker for the rest of this season?
You already have DJ, so yes then definitely do this. Even if Booker outscores Gurley this year I bet it won't be by much.

If you pass on this then I doubt you'll ever be able to get TG this cheap again..
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:59 pm

Coogan Football wrote:
hord wrote:
Where is this deal now?
You already have DJ, so yes then definitely do this. Even if Booker outscores Gurley this year I bet it won't be by much.

If you pass on this then I doubt you'll ever be able to get TG this cheap again..
but why would I want gurley if he wont outscore booker this year?
If you take my keeper settings in mind... gurley will not be a keeper for me... so this year is all that matters
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

frank85
Rookie
Rookie

Postby frank85 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Id stick with booker,luck,moncrief. i dont think you need to do anything. id at least let booker pan out especially with his upcoming schedule his value might sky rocket. i recently traded gurley only cause i had booker. truthfully gurley hasnt flashed his upside so maybe i got down on him but hey i got gronk so im gucci