Training Camp Battle - Bills Starting QB

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which QB?

Edwards
56%
Brohm
44%
Fitzpatrick
No votes

Total votes: 25

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Training Camp Battle - Bills Starting QB

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Who's your favorite? Why?

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:08 pm

I picked Edwards, but have no idea why. I think we me see all three of them before the season ends!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:16 pm

I think they will go with Edwards although I still feel Brohm has the most talent.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Ryan Mallett :lol:

Seriously, this QB situation should be avoided in ALL fantasy formats :D Even the biggest Bills homers need to stay away!
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Shawn wrote:Ryan Mallett :lol:

Seriously, this QB situation should be avoided in ALL fantasy formats :D Even the biggest Bills homers need to stay away!
I agree, but in larger leagues someones going to have to hang their hat on one of these guys. In the DLF II (16 team league) I have the combo of Edwards and Fitzpatrick backing up Peyton.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Brian Brohm took the first snaps in both the 7-on-7 session and the 11-on-11 session in Saturday's practice.

Don't count him out of the race just yet. Coach Chan Gailey is staying true to his word that the quarterback depth chart is wide open, and three holdovers from last season have seen time with the first team. A clear starter won't emerge until well into training camp.
Rotoworld

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Voted Brohm because he might suck the least.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Steelersfan wrote:

I agree, but in larger leagues someones going to have to hang their hat on one of these guys. In the DLF II (16 team league) I have the combo of Edwards and Fitzpatrick backing up Peyton.
You might need to get another QB here, because you could be starting a BUF QB in a playoff game if Peyton gets rested as usual late in the season. :cry:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Shawn wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:

You might need to get another QB here, because you could be starting a BUF QB in a playoff game if Peyton gets rested as usual late in the season. :cry:
I've tried but trying to trade for a QB in a 16 team league is rough.

spike
Rookie
Rookie

Postby spike » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:14 pm

I've tried but trying to trade for a QB in a 16 team league is rough.

try it in a 20 team league.

I voted brohm, but only because i have him in my 20 team league.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:19 am

Edwards' job to lose but expect some heat from Brohm if Edwards' falters early.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:53 am

Steelersfan wrote:Brian Brohm took the first snaps in both the 7-on-7 session and the 11-on-11 session in Saturday's practice.

Don't count him out of the race just yet. Coach Chan Gailey is staying true to his word that the quarterback depth chart is wide open, and three holdovers from last season have seen time with the first team. A clear starter won't emerge until well into training camp.
Rotoworld
Correction

Updating a previous item, Trent Edwards -- not Brian Brohm -- took the first-team reps at Bills OTA practice on Saturday.

A Buffalo News blog post indicated Saturday that Brohm ran the first team, but a column Sunday morning says it was Edwards, and the blog post has since been corrected. At least for now, the Bills' quarterback competition seems to be coming down to Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Brohm is third in line.
Rotoworld

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:06 am

highballers wrote:Edwards' job to lose but expect some heat from Brohm if Edwards' falters early.
this.

-oo-

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:37 pm

I don't see anyway Fitzpatrick starts. I would say Edwards over Brohm but would avoid playing any of them like the plague
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Agree...fantasy cluster $$%*!
Twitter @haydn239