F/A WR's that will be available to draft? - Updated

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

F/A WR's that will be available to draft? - Updated

Postby KU Sucks » Mon May 17, 2010 11:23 am

F/A wrs available in what would be my ranking:

Aromashodu - late 1st to early 2nd rd
Doucet - early 2nd rd
R. Williams - mid 2nd rd (could be late 2nd)
D. Bess - mid 2nd rd
Edelman - mid 2nd rd
D. Butler - late 3rd rd
M. Kelly - late 3rd rd
Hartline - 4th rd

Any thoughts on rankings in a rookie - f/a draft? I think Edelman & Bess could be ranked ahead of Roy Williams.

PPR, standard scoring except punt & kickoff tds count.

B. Roethlisberger
J. Flacco
T. Edwards - x
R. Grant
R. Mendenhall
J. Charles
J. Stewart
J. Davis
B. Scott
M. Colston
M. Austin
P. Harvin
B. Robiskie
J. Shockey
G. Olsen
F. Davis
K.Brown
Jets
4 open roster spots

1.4, 2.2, 2.4, & 3.4
Last edited by KU Sucks on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: F/A WR's that will be available to draft?

Postby BeRanDone » Mon May 17, 2010 11:31 am

I'm hoping to get Aromashadu in the 2nd round in my rookie/FA draft, just not sure where. I have 2.4, 2.5, and 2.10 in a 12 team league. I can guarantee he'll be there at 2.4 and 2.5 knowing my leaguemates, but I have a gut feeling he'd also be there for me at 2.10. So my feel is that he's a mid to late 2nd rounder in a Rookie/FA draft.

Doucet isn't available in my league, but I'd spend an early 3rd rounder on him.

I'm not sure what role Hartline will play in that offense with Marshall being added and Ginn being jettisoned. He still has Camarillo and Bess to worry about, but at times he looked like the better receiver of the three. Stroughter is being overlooked because of the team drafting two talented WR's who are expected to start right away, making Stroughter the slot choice. I'd give both of these guys a 4th round grade, maybe even undrafted.

Hope this helps.

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Re: F/A WR's that will be available to draft?

Postby KU Sucks » Mon May 17, 2010 11:41 am

BeRanDone wrote:I'm hoping to get Aromashadu in the 2nd round in my rookie/FA draft, just not sure where. I have 2.4, 2.5, and 2.10 in a 12 team league. I can guarantee he'll be there at 2.4 and 2.5 knowing my leaguemates, but I have a gut feeling he'd also be there for me at 2.10. So my feel is that he's a mid to late 2nd rounder in a Rookie/FA draft.

Doucet isn't available in my league, but I'd spend an early 3rd rounder on him.

I'm not sure what role Hartline will play in that offense with Marshall being added and Ginn being jettisoned. He still has Camarillo and Bess to worry about, but at times he looked like the better receiver of the three. Stroughter is being overlooked because of the team drafting two talented WR's who are expected to start right away, making Stroughter the slot choice. I'd give both of these guys a 4th round grade, maybe even undrafted.

Hope this helps.
I edited my post to add Edelman, with what I'm hearing out of New England he is draftable too.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon May 17, 2010 11:43 am

In my recent startup draft, Aromas got picked after Benn did, but before Golden Tate & Hardesty got picked.

I wouldn't hold my breath for him to show up at 2.4, but if he does, more power to you!

There's 2 schools of thoughts on Doucet:

1) Those who think he will overtake Breaston this year & be the #2 receiver

2) Those who think he will remain #3, and that Breaston is the valuable (non-Fitz) Cardinals WR to own

I belong to school of thought #1, so I would grab him in the middle of the 2nd round.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Mon May 17, 2010 12:27 pm

jordanzs wrote:In my recent startup draft, Aromas got picked after Benn did, but before Golden Tate & Hardesty got picked.

I wouldn't hold my breath for him to show up at 2.4, but if he does, more power to you!

2) Those who think he will remain #3, and that Breaston is the valuable (non-Fitz) Cardinals WR to own

I belong to school of thought #1, so I would grab him in the middle of the 2nd round.
why is everyone so down on Breaston? I thought he has always played well when given a shot. Perhaps he was a product of Kurt Warner's magic, but in that case so was Doucet.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Mon May 17, 2010 1:09 pm

jordanzs wrote:In my recent startup draft, Aromas got picked after Benn did, but before Golden Tate & Hardesty got picked.

I hope he's there for me to get at 2.4. In other rookie drafts we've done, no FA's have been drafted before pick 3.01, so that's what I'm basing it off of for MY league. Not sure about these other wacky leagues out there :lol:

pnt71
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby pnt71 » Mon May 17, 2010 3:30 pm

In my rookie/FA draft I had decided to take him at 1.12 - but the guy two spots before me took him. So he went at 1.10....

If he's there mid 2nd, I'd take him....

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Mon May 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Orca wrote:

why is everyone so down on Breaston? I thought he has always played well when given a shot. Perhaps he was a product of Kurt Warner's magic, but in that case so was Doucet.
I think Doucet supporters (like myself) think he fits very much into the Anquan Boldin mold - thus, it would seem natural to those who believe that he would rise to the #2 spot soon.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon May 17, 2010 5:20 pm

GridIronFavre wrote:
Orca wrote:

I think Doucet supporters (like myself) think he fits very much into the Anquan Boldin mold - thus, it would seem natural to those who believe that he would rise to the #2 spot soon.
X2.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Thu May 20, 2010 6:32 pm

BeRanDone wrote:

I hope he's there for me to get at 2.4. In other rookie drafts we've done, no FA's have been drafted before pick 3.01, so that's what I'm basing it off of for MY league. Not sure about these other wacky leagues out there :lol:
Got Aromashadu at 2.10 :D

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Thu May 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Orca wrote:

Matt Leinart and the aforementioned Doucet. Personally I'm not down on Breaston but I'm not high on him either.