fair offer for finely?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

fair offer for finely?

Postby tra151 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:08 pm

my only real hole on my team is te. i'm fairly young, and think finely is the perfet te for my team. what would be a fair offer for him?

the finely owner also has witten. he has needs at wr and qb. i would love to go wr, but with only maclin and simswalker on my bench, that would leave me with no depth there. i would have to hit the waiver wire, or trade one of my qb's for wr help. i think brady is too much, and i'm not sure what else i could get him to throw in that would be worth it.

some ideas

felix jones or sims walker for finely

brady for finely and ?

his basic roster
ryan, stafford
ad, mccoy, kevin jones, portis
rice, welker, evans, roy williams, ward, caldwell
witten, finely
picks 1.3,1.10
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

gunslinger
Captain
Captain

Postby gunslinger » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:28 am

I would definitely send back on of your TE's in the deal...probably Olsen.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:33 am

What about trying:

You give: Sims-Walker and Olsen
He gives: Finley and a 1.10 or a 2011 1st Rd pick

I sold Sims-Walker after this season because he made it through a relatively healthy 2009 season, and I don't see him doing that again in 2010 or anytime consistently in the future. Finley is def better than Olsen. With that 1.10 you should be able to get Benn or Golden Tate in the rookie draft.

EDIT: Clarified what I thought the round the 2011 pick should be.
Last edited by BeRanDone on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:49 am

BeRanDone wrote:What about trying:

He gives: Finley and a 1.10 or a 2011 pick

I sold Sims-Walker after this season because he made it through a relatively healthy 2009 season, and I don't see him doing that again in 2010 or anytime consistently in the future. Finley is def better than Olsen. With that 1.10 you should be able to get Benn or Golden Tate in the rookie draft.
I like that offer.

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:51 am

That seems like a good deal. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get him to part with one of his firsts, but it's worth a shot. I think he is currently trying to package his picks to move up to 1.01. If that doesn't work, do you think moving up from 1.05 to 1.03 is enough value? I would
likely land mathews with that pick.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 am

tra151 wrote:That seems like a good deal. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get him to part with one of his firsts, but it's worth a shot. I think he is currently trying to package his picks to move up to 1.01. If that doesn't work, do you think moving up from 1.05 to 1.03 is enough value? I would
likely land mathews with that pick.
It depends on if you feel you can definitely get Mathews. Him at the 1.03 is a steal IMO. 1.05 should still be good value if you think you can get Best there.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:53 pm

yea hes not worth THAT much yet...

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:42 pm

Steelersfan wrote:

I like that offer.
That a plenty fair offer. Personally, I wouldn't be giving up Gates-like value for Finley just yet. And, there are some TEs in this draft that could be had much cheaper. Also, don't overlook a guy like Carlson. Carlson, believe it or not, is faster and had a better vertical than Finley. While Finley gets the perception of being some kind of elite athlete, Carlson's measurables are better. Granted, Finley is in an elite offense and that really helps his value. I'm cautions about assigning Finley too much value, even amid the recent Finley hype on these boards.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:

I like that offer.
That a plenty fair offer. Personally, I wouldn't be giving up Gates-like value for Finley just yet. And, there are some TEs in this draft that could be had much cheaper. Also, don't overlook a guy like Carlson. Carlson, believe it or not, is faster and had a better vertical than Finley. While Finley gets the perception of being some kind of elite athlete, Carlson's measurables are better. Granted, Finley is in an elite offense and that really helps his value. I'm cautions about assigning Finley too much value, even amid the recent Finley hype on these boards.
Is Carlson even on an NFL roster right now? I coulda swore I saw that Seattle had terminated his contract. Am I mistaken?? :?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:27 pm

BeRanDone wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: I like that offer.
Is Carlson even on an NFL roster right now? I coulda swore I saw that Seattle had terminated his contract. Am I mistaken?? :?
I think you are... :shock:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
BeRanDone wrote:
Misfit74 wrote: That a plenty fair offer. Personally, I wouldn't be giving up Gates-like value for Finley just yet. And, there are some TEs in this draft that could be had much cheaper. Also, don't overlook a guy like Carlson. Carlson, believe it or not, is faster and had a better vertical than Finley. While Finley gets the perception of being some kind of elite athlete, Carlson's measurables are better. Granted, Finley is in an elite offense and that really helps his value. I'm cautions about assigning Finley too much value, even amid the recent Finley hype on these boards.
Maybe he means Marcus Pollard? Itula Mili? Christian Fauria? :x :lol:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
BeRanDone wrote: Is Carlson even on an NFL roster right now? I coulda swore I saw that Seattle had terminated his contract. Am I mistaken?? :?
OOPS!

Right team, right position, but the wrong John: http://seahawknationblog.com/2010/04/se ... -contract/

:lol:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:23 pm

BeRanDone wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: I think you are... :shock:
OOPS!

Right team, right position, but the wrong John: http://seahawknationblog.com/2010/04/se ... -contract/

Hahaha! Of course, JOHN Owens. I like the avatar, btw. Choo gat sunkinova prolem, mang?

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
BeRanDone wrote:
Misfit74 wrote: Maybe he means Marcus Pollard? Itula Mili? Christian Fauria? :x :lol:
OOPS!

Hahaha! Of course, JOHN Owens. I like the avatar, btw. Choo gat sunkinova prolem, mang?
I freakin love Scarface. "I always tell the truth. Even when I lie."

Ok, now that we've squared away that Carlson is still employed by an NFL team, I don't think he can be overlooked either. But like you said yourself Misfit, the offense that Finley plays in makes him that much more attractive of a fantasy TE.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:41 pm

BeRanDone wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
BeRanDone wrote: OOPS!

I freakin love Scarface. "I always tell the truth. Even when I lie."

Ok, now that we've squared away that Carlson is still employed by an NFL team, I don't think he can be overlooked either. But like you said yourself Misfit, the offense that Finley plays in makes him that much more attractive of a fantasy TE.
What is dis, "la la la la?" Chix, dey love thot, mang!

I agree, and my rankings reflect that, as well:

1. Dallas Clark
2. Antonio Gates
3. Jason Witten
4. Brent Celek
5. Kellen Winslow, Jr.
6. Vernon Davis
7. Jermichael Finley
8. Owen Daniels
9. Chris Cooley
10. John Carlson