which WR is Forte worth?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

which WR is Forte worth?

Postby Guppy CEO » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 am

I'm not positive the owners will go for these, but all the teams are in desperate need of RBs and there will be tons of money but few FAs for the FA draft, and none have a top 7 pick in the rookie draft. all have plenty of good wrs so they would be trading excess wr for my excess rb.

jennings
wallace
holmes
bowe
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Re: which WR is Forte worth?

Postby thevidon2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:29 am

Guppy CEO wrote:I'm not positive the owners will go for these, but all the teams are in desperate need of RBs and there will be tons of money but few FAs for the FA draft, and none have a top 7 pick in the rookie draft. all have plenty of good wrs so they would be trading excess wr for my excess rb.

jennings
wallace
holmes
bowe
Depending on how much they like and need Forte, any of those WR's besides Jennings could be a possibility.

volman
Rookie
Rookie

Postby volman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:37 am

thevidon2 wrote:
Guppy CEO wrote:I'm not positive the owners will go for these, but all the teams are in desperate need of RBs and there will be tons of money but few FAs for the FA draft, and none have a top 7 pick in the rookie draft. all have plenty of good wrs so they would be trading excess wr for my excess rb.

jennings
wallace
holmes
bowe
Depending on how much they like and need Forte, any of those WR's besides Jennings could be a possibility.
I agree with this. However, I am not sure i wouldn't let it stop me from going after Jennings. Maybe you add a little something to Forte and offer that for Jennings to see what happens.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 am

volman wrote:
thevidon2 wrote:

jennings
wallace
holmes
bowe
I agree with this. However, I am not sure i wouldn't let it stop me from going after Jennings. Maybe you add a little something to Forte and offer that for Jennings to see what happens.
jennings value is pretty low from last season... i wouldnt trade forte for holmes or wallace however.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:00 am

I would target Bowe since I feel there's similar value between him and Forte.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:12 am

Steelersfan wrote:I would target Bowe since I feel there's similar value between him and Forte.
I agree. I don't think you have a shot at Jennings without throwing more in.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:13 am

Personally, I think Forte is a warm body holding a place, kind of like Kevin Smith, so I don't put very much value on the guy .

I think Wallace or Holmes are about right.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:21 pm

holmes and bowe owners rejected which is actually good for me because they are both very weak at rb. i expect a rejection from the jennings owner because he tends to only deal with his RL friends.

the 1.06 and 1.07 teams have expressed interest. would a single pick be enough?
fear the guppy!!!!!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:21 pm

Guppy CEO wrote:holmes and bowe owners rejected which is actually good for me because they are both very weak at rb. i expect a rejection from the jennings owner because he tends to only deal with his RL friends.

the 1.06 and 1.07 teams have expressed interest. would a single pick be enough?
Not IMO.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:54 pm

I would hold on Forte for now. Lets remember that the Chicago Offense was in chinese fire drill last year, and they never realy put it all together. I think they are in the right direction, and this is almost a make or break year for Forte, giving him an added incentive to perform. The Bears O should improve w/Martz, and Forte is capable of returning to rookie year production IMO. Chester Taylor will not be that big of a detractor to Fortes stats, as many might be fearing, so hold him unless you get something too inticing.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:06 pm

I would hope that the Hakeem Nicks owner had a need for a RB, and try to trade with him.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:I would hold on Forte for now. Lets remember that the Chicago Offense was in chinese fire drill last year, and they never realy put it all together. I think they are in the right direction, and this is almost a make or break year for Forte, giving him an added incentive to perform. The Bears O should improve w/Martz, and Forte is capable of returning to rookie year production IMO. Chester Taylor will not be that big of a detractor to Fortes stats, as many might be fearing, so hold him unless you get something too inticing.
its not so much that i fear chester as much as i just dont need forte with wells, moreno, mendenhall, and the 1.02 which will probably be matthews or spiller. in are salary cap league, drafting WRs prior to the 3rd pick is just not financially smart.
jordanzs wrote:I would hope that the Hakeem Nicks owner had a need for a RB, and try to trade with him.
i contacted myself, and rejected myself ;) (team listed below is the team in question)
fear the guppy!!!!!

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:38 am

Guppy CEO wrote:
bigcsr67 wrote:I would hold on Forte for now. Lets remember that the Chicago Offense was in chinese fire drill last year, and they never realy put it all together. I think they are in the right direction, and this is almost a make or break year for Forte, giving him an added incentive to perform. The Bears O should improve w/Martz, and Forte is capable of returning to rookie year production IMO. Chester Taylor will not be that big of a detractor to Fortes stats, as many might be fearing, so hold him unless you get something too inticing.
its not so much that i fear chester as much as i just dont need forte with wells, moreno, mendenhall, and the 1.02 which will probably be matthews or spiller. in are salary cap league, drafting WRs prior to the 3rd pick is just not financially smart.
jordanzs wrote:I would hope that the Hakeem Nicks owner had a need for a RB, and try to trade with him.
i contacted myself, and rejected myself ;) (team listed below is the team in question)
Now that is some good team managment! :wink:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:46 am

Guppy CEO wrote:i contacted myself, and rejected myself ;) (team listed below is the team in question)
I'm not the biggest Forte fan, but that's good value for Nicks. I'd have moved him. :D

Why not package the two together and get your self a top 10 WR.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 am

skip wrote:
Guppy CEO wrote:i contacted myself, and rejected myself ;) (team listed below is the team in question)
I'm not the biggest Forte fan, but that's good value for Nicks. I'd have moved him. :D

Why not package the two together and get your self a top 10 WR.
our league only allows you to have a player signed for 6 years. so that greatly limits the ability to get and keep top WRs. plus we are salary capped and the top guys are using pretty expensive. i had to trade wayne for the #3 pick (crabster) last season just to get under cap. that team then flipped wayne to the eventually champ and now he's drastically over cap and finding that the vultures are circling.....LOL
fear the guppy!!!!!