Potential trade for my 1.1 pick

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Potential trade for my 1.1 pick

Postby Cojo 2020 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:10 pm

In my league #2, the owner sitting at pick 1.2 has expressed interest in swapping that pick for my 1.1. I also own 1.3. He really seems interested in Bradford, and since his only starter in a start 2 QB league is McNabb, he seems very motivated to swap. However, he has not made a specific offer. Instead, he mentioned the possibility of swapping 2nd rounds picks in 2011 (I don't own a 2nd this year), where his pick should be much higher than mine since he is rebuilding. I just don't know if that is incentive enough for me to swap picks, because I was intending on drafting Bradford myself (for reasons stated in other postings). He does have the pick 2.1 this year, but seems to want to keep that for rebuilding. What would be a fair swap in your opinion to move down one spot? I don't really need any specific players from his roster (he doesn't have much of value), so it would likely have to be for future picks.
ROCHESTER ROADKILL: 10 team league: Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR,, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST 1 flex RB/WR, 1 superflex QB/RB/WR/TE.

Superflex, PPR, Pass TD = 6 pts.

QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Lance, B.Young, A.Richardson, M.Cunningham
RB: Chubb, A.Jones, Bijan, Gibbs, J.Williams (DEN), Dobbins, Dillon, Z.White, T. Spears, R.Johnson, Z.Evans
WR: Lamb, Higgins, M.Brown (ARI), Ridley, Pittman, E.Moore, J.Williams (DET), Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnston, Smith-Njigba
TE: Schultz, Kincaid
PK: Koo
DST: Chiefs. Lions
2024 picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 2.06, 3.02, 3.08, 3.10
League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Even if he is rebuilding, I wouldn't assume that a swap in 2nd round picks is safe for next year. In fantasy, anything can happen.

I would ask him to swap his 2nd round pick (this year) with your 3rd round pick (this year). Maybe throw him a player that you're about to cut, if he's in that much of a rebuilding mode, maybe he'll bite.

BTW, your team looks like it's set to dominate for a long time!

And yeah, in a 2QB league, another QB would be a need for you, especially if Big Ben gets suspended, and Schaub or Flacco pick up those annoying "game time decision" sort of injuries. Maybe best to just stay at the 1.1 & grab Bradford.

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Ask him for a future first. If he will give you a future first its definately worth it. And if hes worried because his pick will be higher, make it conditional. NBA style. Let him protect his 2011 1st for picks 1-3, 2012 1st for the 1st pick and if that happens you get his 2013 no matter what.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:42 pm

BubbaBurst wrote:Ask him for a future first. If he will give you a future first its definately worth it. And if hes worried because his pick will be higher, make it conditional. NBA style. Let him protect his 2011 1st for picks 1-3, 2012 1st for the 1st pick and if that happens you get his 2013 no matter what.
conditional trades are hard to keep up with...

a 1st rounder to move up one spot is a little steep... but i traded the 1.3 and a 1st for the 1.1 ... so it just matters how much he wants it.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:54 pm

From your previous posts you seem set at taking Bradford with the 1.1 so unless he makes you an offer you can't refuse I would stick with your original plan or you will probably regret it.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Steelersfan wrote:From your previous posts you seem set at taking Bradford with the 1.1 so unless he makes you an offer you can't refuse I would stick with your original plan or you will probably regret it.
agreed.

-oo-

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Yea you hold all the cards. I'd keep the pick unless he blows you (away).

I.E. his 2nd rounder this year.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cojo 2020 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:31 pm

When we were on the phone spitballing some possibilities, he indicated that a future first, or his 2.1 pick this year was too steep for him. I could see about throwing in a player or go for the 2nd/3rd swap. I think you guys are right and I should lob it back into his court and see what he comes up with. Maybe on draft day when we are in person, he will have more incentive to improve his offer too.
ROCHESTER ROADKILL: 10 team league: Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR,, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST 1 flex RB/WR, 1 superflex QB/RB/WR/TE.

Superflex, PPR, Pass TD = 6 pts.

QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Lance, B.Young, A.Richardson, M.Cunningham
RB: Chubb, A.Jones, Bijan, Gibbs, J.Williams (DEN), Dobbins, Dillon, Z.White, T. Spears, R.Johnson, Z.Evans
WR: Lamb, Higgins, M.Brown (ARI), Ridley, Pittman, E.Moore, J.Williams (DET), Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnston, Smith-Njigba
TE: Schultz, Kincaid
PK: Koo
DST: Chiefs. Lions
2024 picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 2.06, 3.02, 3.08, 3.10
League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Cojo 2020 wrote:When we were on the phone spitballing some possibilities, he indicated that a future first, or his 2.1 pick this year was too steep for him. I could see about throwing in a player or go for the 2nd/3rd swap. I think you guys are right and I should lob it back into his court and see what he comes up with. Maybe on draft day when we are in person, he will have more incentive to improve his offer too.
Tennis reference...nice... :shock: :lol:

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:15 am

The move from 1.1 should be worth the 1.2 and his second. Sorry to hear that the guy is rebuilding, but that is the correct market value to me and I've never heard of a rebuilding discount. He either wants the 1.1 or not. 2QB start league, so QB's should be pretty hard to come by. It's up to him to decide if he wants to pay to move to 1.1 to get Bradford for his rebuilding effort. I wouldn't be discounting it for a 3rd/2rd swap because you're just losing value that way. Maybe he would give you 2010 1.2, 2010 3rd, and 2011 2nd.