Ben & Dennis Dixon's values now

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Ben & Dennis Dixon's values now

Postby KU Sucks » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:26 am

Ben's disgusting behavior aside; with the info coming out, his suspension could very well be 8 games and up.

So opinions what are Ben's and Dennis Dixon's relative values now? As this pertains to both of my teams to some extent. Team 1 definitely and 2 to a lesser, as I have superior options.

PPR, standard scoring except punt & kickoff tds count.

B. Roethlisberger
J. Flacco
T. Edwards - x
R. Grant
R. Mendenhall
J. Charles
J. Stewart
J. Harrision
J. Davis – IR
B. Scott - x
M. Colston
M. Austin
P. Harvin
G. Camarillo - x
B. Berrian
B. Robiskie
J. Shockey
G. Olsen
F. Davis
K.Brown
Jets
49ers - x

1.4, 2.4, 3.4 & 5.4

PPR, Passing TD 6 pts

D. Brees
C. Palmer
D. Dixon
K. Kolb
D. Brown
J. Charles
M. Barber
J. Davis
K. Ogletree
B. Berrian
P. Harvin
T.J. Houshmanzadeh
L. Evans
J. Maclin
B. Gibson - x
J. Shockey
Z. Miller - Jags
M. Bennett
Gostkowski
Vikings

1.2, 1.9, & 2.2

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:03 am

Given the recent rash of reports, I have to think that the Steelers will end up considering a QB at some point in the draft.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:08 am

Ben's value drops below Top 10, Dennis Dixon's value goes up, but I don't see him startable unless your in a 16 team league or a start 2 QB league.

----------------
Now playing: Underoath - I Don't Feel Very Receptive Today

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:19 am

Pilate wrote:Ben's value drops below Top 10, Dennis Dixon's value goes up, but I don't see him startable unless your in a 16 team league or a start 2 QB league.

----------------
Now playing: Underoath - I Don't Feel Very Receptive Today
No it isn't, but in my 1st dyno team listed, he is or was my #1 qb. Now, unless Bryant falls to me @ 1.4 (he shouldn't), then I may have to consider drafting a qb in that league; or make a trade. If I don't and the Steelers don't make a move; then I will work on the Dennis Dixon assumption @ the 2.4 pick. That is also assuming somebody doesn't fall to me.

Fortunately, in that league we won't draft until June 1st, and I should have a better feel for what may happen.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:25 am

League 2 I would start shopping Dixon with all of the swirling news. Even if he gets the starting job he is still the #4 QB on your roster.

League 1 you don't need to panic at this point. You have Flacco who will be a solid starter for you anyway. Just wait on the fallout before doing anything. Don't go scrambling before there is a need. If you do end up contemplating a QB at 1.4, you'd be best to trade it than do draft one there.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:30 am

skip wrote:League 2 I would start shopping Dixon with all of the swirling news. Even if he gets the starting job he is still the #4 QB on your roster.

League 1 you don't need to panic at this point. You have Flacco who will be a solid starter for you anyway. Just wait on the fallout before doing anything. Don't go scrambling before there is a need. If you do end up contemplating a QB at 1.4, you'd be best to trade it than do draft one there.
I agree with everything you said; I dislike drafting a qb early.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:33 am

I'm hearing a 2-4 game suspension is most likely so I wouldn't worry in your league #1. In your league #2 I would reach out to the Ben owner to see if there's any interest in Dixon since he is your 4th QB.

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:43 am

Steelersfan wrote:I'm hearing a 2-4 game suspension is most likely so I wouldn't worry in your league #1. In your league #2 I would reach out to the Ben owner to see if there's any interest in Dixon since he is your 4th QB.
I've been putting off that issue, because he doesn't have any draft picks this year & I was going to wait until the draft. Also wanted him to make the 1st move, which would indicate what kind of leverage I may have with Dixon.

But your right, I picked him up off the ww at the end of last season because I saw his one game and was impressed. Obviously a very small sample, but it worked with Kevin Kolb and may or may not work with Dixon.

Now, I just need to be patient and see what the draft brings.

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Has anyone seen Ben or Dixon moved so far? Obviously a bad time to sell Ben in terms of cold value, but people might want rid of him.

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:29 pm

MonkeyOne wrote:Has anyone seen Ben or Dixon moved so far? Obviously a bad time to sell Ben in terms of cold value, but people might want rid of him.
Not in the 1 league I don't own him, I'm not going to try to move in the other either. For now........