Trading Eagles....

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
strim5181
Role Player
Role Player

Trading Eagles....

Postby strim5181 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm thinking about trading DeSean for LeSean? Whatcha think?

princevincexoxo

Re: Trading Eagles....

Postby princevincexoxo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:00 pm

strim5181 wrote:I'm thinking about trading DeSean for LeSean? Whatcha think?
id trade Desean for a bag of sunchips :lol: so yea, thats fair, maybe u can get a little more....but if push came to shove id do that straight up.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:08 pm

definitely. Also, since DeSean has so much hype right now, you might be able to get something else tossed in.

-oo-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:09 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
id trade Desean for a bag of sunchips :lol: so yea, thats fair, maybe u can get a little more....but if push came to shove id do that straight up.
Well, not Sun Chips. That's pushing it. Fritos, maybe. Or Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

I like Desean to be a decent but not top WR. He's at a selling point for sure and I like the move straight up, but I agree that you can probably get something small back with him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 pm

I don't like that deal at all. DeSean is a top 10 WR and LeSean may be a top 20 RB, Hell, just look at the rankings on the DLF Homepage. If it's because you need a RB and you have the depth to trade DeSean, then you need to get a little more for him. But, I woudn't trade them straight up.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:20 pm

yumbo wrote:I don't like that deal at all. DeSean is a top 10 WR and LeSean may be a top 20 RB, Hell, just look at the rankings on the DLF Homepage. If it's because you need a RB and you have the depth to trade DeSean, then you need to get a little more for him. But, I woudn't trade them straight up.
.... fighting.... the urge..... to make a comment about relative value between WRs and RBs..........

ah, hell.... I'd take a top 20 RB for a top 10 WR almost any day. WRs are easier to come by, and their value fluctuates more.

IMHO.

-oo-

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Get a little back in return and I would love it...sorry, I felt like posting like Vince for some reason... :lol:

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Get a little back in return and I would love it...sorry, I felt like posting like Vince for some reason... :lol:

HA! You need a bit more attitude for that Mark. You're too mellow to post like me :twisted:

Im sorry.....but if you think Desean Jackson is a top 10 WR....you ARE NUTS.

BRENT CELEK had more catches (69) than Desean Jackson (60). In fact Desean Jackson didnt even make the top 30 in receptions, and was 27th in targets (110) - which is about a 55% catch rate. He was 14th in receiving yards (1120), and was tied for 6th with 6 others in receiving TD's (9....7 of which were of 40+ yards I believe). And keep in mind this is all among WR's ANND TE's so to me...his numbers are not impressive or dominant enough in ANY CATEGORY to even CONSIDER putting him in or near the top 10 among dynasty WR's.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Don't like DeSean all that much, but I don't like McCoy at all. It scares me that he was given so few carries last year with Westbrook not really in the picture. Maybe things will change but when Leonard Weaver is who you are splitting carries with, I have to wonder if something isn't quite right. I would stick with DeSean.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:17 pm

He's not your typical #1 WR, that's for sure, but you never know how the QB change will affect him. Could be for the better. I like his upside way better than McCoy's. The Eagles don't run much and won't stray too far from their pass happy ways. McCoy will also have to deal with Bell and Weaver getting touches. Hang on to Jackson. This is all predicated w/o seeing your roster though.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

strim5181
Role Player
Role Player

Postby strim5181 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:42 pm

Here is my squad. Can keep up to 14.
- 14 Teams - year 8
Peyton Eli, Palmer
Charles, AP, Forsett, Taliaferro, Turbin
Cobb, BMarsh, Emmanuel, Harvin, Lafell, MWilson (CHI)
DAllen, Donnell, Rodgers
Levy, KJ Wright
Weddle
QB, RB, 2WR, TE, WR/RB/TE, 2LB, 2BD, 1DL

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 pm

SpaderDude wrote:He's not your typical #1 WR, that's for sure, but you never know how the QB change will affect him. Could be for the better. I like his upside way better than McCoy's. The Eagles don't run much and won't stray too far from their pass happy ways. McCoy will also have to deal with Bell and Weaver getting touches. Hang on to Jackson. This is all predicated w/o seeing your roster though.

Remember guys...once upon a time Westbrook had to deal with Buckhalter and Duce Staley :wink: he wasnt just always the Eagles workhorse.....i like him better long term than Desean Jackson. The QB change isnt going to all of a sudden increase Desean Jackson's effectiveness...because his effectiveness is limited by his lack of physical ability. As elite as his speed is he is 1 dimensional, and Celek, Maclin and McCoy will benefit the most in the long term as Jackson fades in and out of the picture.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:08 am

Remember guys...once upon a time Westbrook had to deal with Buckhalter and Duce Staley Wink he wasnt just always the Eagles workhorse.....i like him better long term than Desean Jackson. The QB change isnt going to all of a sudden increase Desean Jackson's effectiveness...because his effectiveness is limited by his lack of physical ability. As elite as his speed is he is 1 dimensional, and Celek, Maclin and McCoy will benefit the most in the long term as Jackson fades in and out of the picture.
I'm saying it could in the form of more slants, screens, and shorter passes to assist Kolb in the transition. I just don't see how you can say it absolutely won't based on his size. Steve Smith and Wes Welker have made pretty good careers with only 10lbs. more added to their diminutive frames.

The only way I would consider this trade is if the Jackson owner is able to get back more compensation in the form of a high draft choice or a decent replacement @ WR, probably an older one. McCoy hasn't shown me enough to do it straight up and Jackson's stock is high. So, if you sell, sell high. The fact that you start 2 WR as opposed to 3 may lend itself more easily in attaining a replacement.

Your #2 RB T. Jones is older, so on one hand, you'd be getting a young guy in a good offensive system. But you'd be leaving yourself with Nicks, a guy I'm not so high on and Roy Williams, who might not even start next year according to the Cowboys, who may hold an open competition for the 2nd WR position for a RB that hasn't proven he can carry the load yet. Is there upside to be had with McCoy, maybe, but on the flip, I don't see Jackson fading as previously posted.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:24 am

SpaderDude wrote:
Remember guys...once upon a time Westbrook had to deal with Buckhalter and Duce Staley Wink he wasnt just always the Eagles workhorse.....i like him better long term than Desean Jackson. The QB change isnt going to all of a sudden increase Desean Jackson's effectiveness...because his effectiveness is limited by his lack of physical ability. As elite as his speed is he is 1 dimensional, and Celek, Maclin and McCoy will benefit the most in the long term as Jackson fades in and out of the picture.
I'm saying it could in the form of more slants, screens, and shorter passes
Do you WATCH the Eagles play? I do considering Im an Eagles fan....you are talking up Desean Jackson as if he is Wes Welker. First off the Eagles spread the ball around too much for short passes to become the bread and butter of his value ...an increase in short passes isnt going to INCREASE Desean's numbers...in fact it would actually make them fall off the table even further as there would be less scoring opportunities for him. You are SPECULATING on what you WOULD LIKE to happen, rather than what WILL MOST LIKELY happen. Desean Jackson relies on speed to get separation - and how often was he targeted in the red zone? (I can probably count on my 2 hands)....if they start trying to get him to run shorter routes more often then his numbers will be even worse than what Im even expecting because teams will jam the piss out of him, and put a guy over the top and he will be shut down (RE: 3 games versus Dallas). If you are talking screens, short passes, and slants then you are talking primarily about McCoy, Bell, Celek, Ingram, and Avant that will be affected....not Desean Jackson.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:58 am

Yes. I have watched the Eagles for Reid's entire tenure. That's the market I'm in. I know their system. You are also speculating that his numbers cannot possibly remain around the same or increase some. I think that is a foolish statement. I am not hoping for him to do anything. I merely said that it is possible that his numbers could increase under Kolb by utilizing him in other ways. Regardless if you believe that or not, the whole arm strength thing, or lack there of, is overblown any way. Did he not hit him in stride for long TD's when he was in?

I also said I'd consider McCoy, but not straight up. Jackson's stock is currently way too high to only get McCoy back in return. Do you not agree with this? You'd lose at WR to possibly gain some at RB. Is that not the definition of a lateral move? If you would do it straight up and if you think he's the next coming of Westbrook, great, and he might be. I am not yet ready to anoint him that status. We can agree to disagree on that. Ultimately, it comes down to who you like better and what you can get in return. No one, Jackson of all people included, is untouchable in any scenario, but there is value to determine and IMO, I'd want more than McCoy alone as Yumbo stated as well.
Team1

Stafford, Eli, Rivers

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

Brees, Big Ben