Anything workable here?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Anything workable here?

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:34 am

I want Calvin and wouldn't mind getting a TE or barett ruud.

His roster:

Brady, Tom NEP QB

Portis, Clinton WAS RB
Washington, Leon NYJ RB

Breaston, Steve ARI WR
Chambers, Chris KCC
Edelman, Julian NEP WR
Hester, Devin CHI WR
Johnson, Calvin DET WR
Moss, Santana WAS WR
Celek, Brent PHI TE
Gates, Antonio SDC TE
Harrison, James PIT LB

my roster in sig. Looking at his Rbs I was considering this:

1. Jacobs or brown plus moss for Calvin
2. Jacobs, brown, and moss for Calvin, celek, and his 1.7

these fair? Or do u see something I haven't put together that might be intriguing.
Ruud, Barrett TBB Lb
Revis, Darrelle NYJ CB

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:36 am

I don't see the other owner accepting either offers. Brown, Jacobs, and Moss are all past their prime and from the looks of his roster it doesn't look like any combination of the players will make him a contender.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 am

Interesting. Moss is Getting older, but his production should be there for 2-3 years. Brown and Jacobs are both better options for him IMO over portis and Washington.

His starting lineup could be

qb - Brady

rb - brown and Jacobs

wr - moss, and pick 1

te - gates

I think short term he can compete with this trade. Like you said mark, he can't compete with his roster as is so why not try to win now as opposed to never win? I guess he should sell Brady and Calvin to help start re-building with younger talent and better picks.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 am

What if I insert harvin instead of moss? Or should I roll as with my team?

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:48 am

hot nikkels wrote:Interesting. Moss is Getting older, but his production should be there for 2-3 years. Brown and Jacobs are both better options for him IMO over portis and Washington.

qb - Brady

rb - brown and Jacobs

wr - moss, and pick 1

te - gates

I think short term he can compete with this trade. Like you said mark, he can't compete with his roster as is so why not try to win now as opposed to never win? I guess he should sell Brady and Calvin to help start re-building with younger talent and better picks.

Yes, that's the key, he needs to rebuild with younger players and better picks! He doesn't need older players (Moss) or broken down players (Brown or Jacobs) for his best players. Now if you were talking Lynch and Jackson and Moss, maybe you have something there depending on his like or dislike of Lynch.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:51 am

hot nikkels wrote:Interesting. Moss is Getting older, but his production should be there for 2-3 years. Brown and Jacobs are both better options for him IMO over portis and Washington.

qb - Brady

rb - brown and Jacobs

wr - moss, and pick 1

te - gates

I agree the trade would make his team competitive but I don't think it would be a championship calibur team. You never know, the other owner may go for it, but I would rather rebuild with younger players that have much higher upside than Brown, Jacobs, and Moss.

If I were him I would look to move Brady for a younger QB and picks, but it would take the house for me to move Calvin.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:52 am

hot nikkels wrote:What if I insert harvin instead of moss? Or should I roll as with my team?

I don't think any of these offers are close to getting Calvin, I'd suggest offering Harvin, Moss and Lynch together if you really want a shot at getting Calvin.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:15 pm

I don't think you have the ammo to land Calvin. You would need to send and elite player in return and more. You would have to offer a number of players and picks to create an offer attractive enough to offset Calvin's value. I can't see it without severely hurting your team.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Seeing how this is our league that we are talking about, I would forget Calvin. Your best bet to improve your team is to ditch one or more of your aging RBs for a pick, a 2nd or 3rd this year, and try to land a 2011 1st. A 2 player for 2 pick trade. There might be some takers on a deal like that.