The Official GSP Thread

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

The Official GSP Thread

Postby Phish Brigade » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:36 pm

I know that Nate started the "Official MMA Thread", but gosh darnit... GSP deserves his own thread!! Who's with me?!!

Frank Mir got destroyed tonight! And Dan Hardy is one tough mo fo!
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:48 am

I forgot it was on. Damn.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:42 pm

MonkeyOne wrote:I forgot it was on. Damn.
You can download it if you use torrents.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: The Official GSP Thread

Postby Pilate » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Phish Brigade wrote:I know that Nate started the "Official MMA Thread", but gosh darnit... GSP deserves his own thread!! Who's with me?!!

Frank Mir got destroyed tonight! And Dan Hardy is one tough mo fo!
Pretty decent event...loved the Carwin / Muir fight. GSP was a little off but alot of credit to Hardy. Tuff futher mucker.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:48 am

GSP could be the best in the whole UFC right now, I'd love to see a matchup between weight classes like a GSP vs. Lesner or GSP vs. Anderson Silva. I have seen a bit of GSP backlash though, as some fans think he's pretty crooked in how he puts so much oil on his body that he can slip out of submissions and its very difficult for someone to get a grip on him. It should be a good fight down the road if we get to see GSP vs. Sonnen as Sonnen put together a great match a few months ago and is also a prominent politician, could be a good match if those 2 do end up fighting each other.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Shawn wrote:GSP could be the best in the whole UFC right now, I'd love to see a matchup between weight classes like a GSP vs. Lesner or GSP vs. Anderson Silva. I have seen a bit of GSP backlash though, as some fans think he's pretty crooked in how he puts so much oil on his body that he can slip out of submissions and its very difficult for someone to get a grip on him. It should be a good fight down the road if we get to see GSP vs. Sonnen as Sonnen put together a great match a few months ago and is also a prominent politician, could be a good match if those 2 do end up fighting each other.
Is that stuff still going on? I'll admit, I don't spend much of my internet time looking up MMA news. I remember BJ Penn complained about it, but I hadn't heard much about it since. Here's the thing, I can't imagine that Hardy's camp had much to say about it. GSP took him down at will. I don't remember Hardy having much opportunity to get a hold of him.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Phish Brigade wrote:
Shawn wrote:GSP could be the best in the whole UFC right now, I'd love to see a matchup between weight classes like a GSP vs. Lesner or GSP vs. Anderson Silva. I have seen a bit of GSP backlash though, as some fans think he's pretty crooked in how he puts so much oil on his body that he can slip out of submissions and its very difficult for someone to get a grip on him. It should be a good fight down the road if we get to see GSP vs. Sonnen as Sonnen put together a great match a few months ago and is also a prominent politician, could be a good match if those 2 do end up fighting each other.
Is that stuff still going on? I'll admit, I don't spend much of my internet time looking up MMA news. I remember BJ Penn complained about it, but I hadn't heard much about it since. Here's the thing, I can't imagine that Hardy's camp had much to say about it. GSP took him down at will. I don't remember Hardy having much opportunity to get a hold of him.
I suppose its up to the referees to judge if GSP is doing anything illegal or not, and they haven't stopped him yet anyway. I guess we'd have to look at an official UFC rulebook to figure this out, which most people don't really care enough to do. :D
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince