Marshawn Lynch

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
weasel
Role Player
Role Player

Marshawn Lynch

Postby weasel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:38 pm

What can we make of him?
I saw a bunch of people posting on here that he was a better long term prospect than Gore, so
I traded Steve Smith (CAR) for him to try and help out my RB situation.
What is his future looking like now that Fred Jackson seems to be the go to guy in Buffalo?
Last edited by weasel on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Re: Marshawn Lynch

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:47 pm

weasel21f wrote:What can me make of him?
I saw a bunch of people posting on here that he was a better long term prospect than Gore, so
What is his future looking like now that Fred Jackson seems to be the go to guy in Buffalo?
Gotta wait for whatever coaching changes, FA pick ups, and draft picks are made in Buffalo. Looks like Cowher is actually a good candidate with the Panthers and Bucs keeping their current coaching staff. Read the "chin" and the Bills had a stealth meeting. I like it for Marshawn if the Bills can land Cowher.

I traded Ryan Grant, Brett Favre and my first rd pick this year for him and Fred Jackson. I'm going to be taking a wait and see approach. Lynch was the 10th overall taken in my start up 14 team, 14 keeper league last year. I believe he has big upside. Just going to wait and see going into the off season.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Those were posts from when? I have never had Lynch close to the value of Gore - and even less so now.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:38 pm

200 plus yards for Fred Jackson today doesn't really help Lynch's cause either :shock: Maybe it would be best for Lynch owners if he gets traded in the offseason or something.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Shawn wrote:200 plus yards for Fred Jackson today doesn't really help Lynch's cause either :shock: Maybe it would be best for Lynch owners if he gets traded in the offseason or something.
I'd be good with a trade as well, but Jackson is approaching 29. He had a big game today against the 2's for Indy. Can't complain cuz I have Lynch and Jackson.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:53 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
Shawn wrote:200 plus yards for Fred Jackson today doesn't really help Lynch's cause either :shock: Maybe it would be best for Lynch owners if he gets traded in the offseason or something.
I'd be good with a trade as well, but Jackson is approaching 29. He had a big game today against the 2's for Indy. Can't complain cuz I have Lynch and Jackson.

Very good point, but assuming Fred Jackson still plays a few more years, we're still likely talking about only a part-time role or possibly a backup role for Lynch unless a trade happens.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Shawn wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:

Very good point, but assuming Fred Jackson still plays a few more years, we're still likely talking about only a part-time role or possibly a backup role for Lynch unless a trade happens.
Or unless a coaching change was to happen. IMO, Jackson won't ever duplicate this year ever again. I read that they could trade Lynch to get a lineman and linebacker. I'd be suprised to see Jackson as a feature back next year. Well if the coaching staff didn't change, then I could see Jackson as the guy. Then I'd be shocked if the Bills didn't attempt to trade Lynch.

Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dynasty » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:32 pm

lets just say i wouldnt own him unless u have fjax as well

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Lynch has a ton of talent. A change of either his coach or his team will be good for him.

I still like Lynch over Jackson and would take Lynch ahead of him in a start up draft right now. He'd be incredible value in the 7th or 8th round where he'd probably go.

He does have the talent to be a top 10 RB. But, some things will have to happen for me to put him anywhere close to that again.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

weasel
Role Player
Role Player

Postby weasel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:23 pm

skip wrote:
Those were posts from when? I have never had Lynch close to the value of Gore - and even less so now.
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com/fo ... hp?t=10153

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:36 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:Lynch has a ton of talent. A change of either his coach or his team will be good for him.

I still like Lynch over Jackson and would take Lynch ahead of him in a start up draft right now. He'd be incredible value in the 7th or 8th round where he'd probably go.

He does have the talent to be a top 10 RB. But, some things will have to happen for me to put him anywhere close to that again.
I agree Kris, Lynch will eventually show why he was the 12th overall pick just a couple of drafts ago. I'm just not too sure how much longer some of us are willing to wait...

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:Lynch has a ton of talent. A change of either his coach or his team will be good for him.

I agree Kris, Lynch will eventually show why he was the 12th overall pick just a couple of drafts ago. I'm just not too sure how much longer some of us are willing to wait...

honestly....until the Bills get a respectable pass game, and offensive line....the offense in buffalo will be non-existent.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:07 am

weasel21f wrote:
skip wrote:
Thanks. I am glad to see some words of wisdom in there regarding Gore. The post regarding the comparison of Gore's injury history and scoring output as compared to someone like SJax was a nice one. If SJax is regarded annually as an elite talent, then an explanation of why Gore isn't in the same category is warranted.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:16 am

skip wrote:
weasel21f wrote:
skip wrote: Those were posts from when? I have never had Lynch close to the value of Gore - and even less so now.
Thanks. I am glad to see some words of wisdom in there regarding Gore. The post regarding the comparison of Gore's injury history and scoring output as compared to someone like SJax was a nice one. If SJax is regarded annually as an elite talent, then an explanation of why Gore isn't in the same category is warranted.
Lynch is a pretty mediocre talent - has was taken 12'th overall, but even at the time it was generally considered too high of a slot for his skillset. I avoided him in all my drafts and have certainly not regretted the decision. (he went top 4-5 overall in my drafts that year)

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:03 am

skip wrote:
weasel21f wrote:
skip wrote: Those were posts from when? I have never had Lynch close to the value of Gore - and even less so now.
Excellent point skip.

----------------
Now playing: Third Eye Blind - Blinded