The Raiders have a great line...who will run behind it?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Bag of Hammers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: The Raiders have a great line...who will run behind it?

Postby Bag of Hammers » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Zeke to Dallas at 1.04 is all the rage for obvious reasons. The 1.01 value would peak in value.
Even Philly now at 1.08 since they moved up with Miami, Daniel Jeremiah mocked Zeke to them just his week.
NYG at 1.10 is another that could happen (doubt it but ya never know). They did just heavily spend on fixing that DF.
Miami at 1.13 is interesting--they tried for CJA and are bringing CJ?K in for a visit. Have many other needs though. Ajayi owners are already at the edge of their seats right now.

Oakland at 1.14 is the next spot assuming no trades of course and although they have a clear need at DB, this could be a real steal to add Zeke with the other young core group of Carr, Amari & Walford. Reggie might just wait but if Zeke is their highest rated player, I could see them selecting him in the 1st. That would sure be a fun offense to watch for years to come!

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:10 pm

Bag of Hammers wrote:Zeke to Dallas at 1.04 is all the rage for obvious reasons. The 1.01 value would peak in value.
Even Philly now at 1.08 since they moved up with Miami, Daniel Jeremiah mocked Zeke to them just his week.
NYG at 1.10 is another that could happen (doubt it but ya never know). They did just heavily spend on fixing that DF.
Miami at 1.13 is interesting--they tried for CJA and are bringing CJ?K in for a visit. Have many other needs though. Ajayi owners are already at the edge of their seats right now.

Oakland at 1.14 is the next spot assuming no trades of course and although they have a clear need at DB, this could be a real steal to add Zeke with the other young core group of Carr, Amari & Walford. Reggie might just wait but if Zeke is their highest rated player, I could see them selecting him in the 1st. That would sure be a fun offense to watch for years to come!
Don't forget Chicago, who also bid on CJA! Raiders is probably where I like him most after Dallas, but I think he'll go earlier.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:31 pm

The Falcons and Giants both could have drafted feature back last season but passed on Gurley who went 10.

I really don't see Elliott going earlier than Gurley did, unless it's because of positional scarcity that he comes off early.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Derrick Henry might do well behind that line?
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:40 pm

These are the same Raiders fans who said Murray wasn't good before last season, I'm surprised the hate persists. I think he performed pretty well, 4.0 ypc for a full season on a losing team. He did fade down the stretch, but he stayed healthy and was 3rd in the league in rushing attempts, and I don't see him losing his starting job at the beginning of the season to anyone.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:44 pm

Tsunami wrote:These are the same Raiders fans who said Murray wasn't good before last season, I'm surprised the hate persists. I think he performed pretty well, 4.0 ypc for a full season on a losing team. He did fade down the stretch, but he stayed healthy and was 3rd in the league in rushing attempts, and I don't see him losing his starting job at the beginning of the season to anyone.
He doesn't pass the eye test for me, and you hear a lot of whispers from Raiderland that management aren't big fans - and the number of back they brought in as competition gives at least a little credence to this. But, as you say, everyone said the same thing last year, and somehow he had a very solid fantasy season. Can he do it again?
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Tsunami wrote:These are the same Raiders fans who said Murray wasn't good before last season, I'm surprised the hate persists. I think he performed pretty well, 4.0 ypc for a full season on a losing team. He did fade down the stretch, but he stayed healthy and was 3rd in the league in rushing attempts, and I don't see him losing his starting job at the beginning of the season to anyone.
easy man these are the fans that watched DMC for many years they perhaps have forgotten what a quality rb is supposed to look like !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:11 pm

I think the 2016 Cowboys and Eagles are to savvy to draft a RB that early, especially one that isn't a transcendent talent and might have (rumored) off field issues. After the Giants FA moves I could see them taking Zeke early and obviously Miami has no idea how to evaluate/value players so they're a possibility. Even the Raiders have turned things around and might realize that's an overpay.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:37 pm

I agree with this, especially after he survived the first wave of FA RB signings. At this point they could bring in competition and will add RB(s) in the draft, but I think it would be his job to lose. I also think he will keep it. Contract years have a way of sparking extra motivation.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:38 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:
easy man these are the fans that watched DMC for many years they perhaps have forgotten what a quality rb is supposed to look like !
With all fairness - it's not like we watched him that much with how often he was hurt.

McFadden is still a better back than Latavius.

I'm not gonna get into why Latavius is nothing special because I have a million times over the past two years - but the Raiders organisation seems to agree with us skeptical fans.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Gametime675 wrote:I think the 2016 Cowboys and Eagles are to savvy to draft a RB that early, especially one that isn't a transcendent talent and might have (rumored) off field issues. After the Giants FA moves I could see them taking Zeke early and obviously Miami has no idea how to evaluate/value players so they're a possibility. Even the Raiders have turned things around and might realize that's an overpay.
1. Zeke is a BPA type pick at 1.04 and later. Dallas is in a win now mode and could use a player of his caliber in the post-Romo era.

2. Transcendent, yes. Off-field issues, no.

3. The G-Men are pretty well stocked with runningbacks that can manage a committee approach. They don't make sense to draft a 1st round RB, but maybe one of the later backs for depth or development.

4. Drafting a RB in the 1st is not an overpay if he is a 3-down starter for your team. The cap keeps going up, and guys at age 30 are commanding $6M/yr. If you can get a superior talent with no injury history at age 22 for $4M/yr, you are not overpaying.

Just my 2 cents...
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:32 pm

PhadedCN wrote: the Raiders organisation seems to agree with us skeptical fans.
How can you continue to say this when he was the starter all season and got 79% of the team's carries?

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:24 am

PhadedCN wrote:
clarion contrarion wrote:
With all fairness - it's not like we watched him that much with how often he was hurt.

McFadden is still a better back than Latavius.

I'm not gonna get into why Latavius is nothing special because I have a million times over the past two years - but the Raiders organisation seems to agree with us skeptical fans.
see what I mean they are shell shocked ... they have a young thumper type back that played all 16 and got 300 touches and they still long for mcfadden's potential , just give them a few years to recalibrate their collective raider compasses as they have been in the wilderness for many a season ! although as I mentioned to dook in another thread del rio's specialty is mediocrity so he is close to being maxed out. Hope springs eternal though if his division rival coach gary kubiak can win a super bowl anything is possible.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
TE eifert howard njoku
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:27 am

Marshawn Lynch.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:55 am

pretty sure lynch is under contract ! it is a feel good story with him being from the bay but really how realistic is it ? My first action if lynch goes to oakland is call every murray owner and trade for him the same day since beast is used up!
QB luck- driskell
TE eifert howard njoku
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci