The Raiders have a great line...who will run behind it?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

The Raiders have a great line...who will run behind it?

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:28 am

Very surprised and very happy that Donald Penn resigned with Oakland. Penn and Howard are a good combo outside (with Watson in the wings), and Osemele, Hudson and Jackson are pure awesomeness inside. I love it when a team...let alone mine...invests in high quality O-linemen. Carr is going to have a lot of games where he's nice and upright.

But who will run behind this line? Murray faded down the stretch, and everything you hear out of O-Town seems to indicate the staff isn't in love with him. Like last season, I expect competition to be brought in. So the question is...who do they target? Do they sign a free agent, or take someone in the draft? And, like last year, does Murray somehow rise above his competitors to stay the lead back?
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Re: The Raiders have a great line...who will run behind it?

Postby TheChicken » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:08 am

No real idea. Reggie McKenzie was part of player personnel in Green Bay when they drafted Starks, so I guess he could be a possibility. I could see Morris doing the early down work and Murray being more of an explosive COP type. If they draft someone then he'll be hot hot property.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:06 pm

dook how will you act now that the hungry years appear to be over ! actually rooting for your team to win in november and december instead of rooting for them to lose so they will get a better pick to blow ! Now reggie mac makes great picks and the roster is getting deeper in talent they seem to have stopped the moronic over pay free agent signings ..... all this from a team owned by a guy with mark davis' haircut !
no to be a downer but one problem I see is no charles woodson...... cannot underestimate the loss of a true hall of famer and a guy that made everyone around him better .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Zeke to Oakland hype train go go!

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:15 pm

Bot101 wrote:Zeke to Oakland hype train go go!
*faints*
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:17 pm

I would love to see my old pal Roy Helu get an opportunity but I'm pretty sure his time has passed.

It would be a pretty good landing spot for a rookie back.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:25 pm

Draft.

I can think of 3 good RBs not named Zeke or Derrick that would be worth adding as competition/replacement of Latavius. Latavius is in his last year of his rookie deal and an easy former 7th rounder to just let go of after this season. If Oakland were ready to make a splash, they'd dominate the division for the next 4 years if they somehow got Zeke or Henry in this draft.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:28 pm

Dook, this is funny. You beat me to it as I was going to post something along these lines.

The Raiders have very quietly assembled what should be one of the top offensive lines in football. Although, maybe not so quietly now.

With the other moves we made in FA - if Zeke is there @ 14, I would be happy to see the Raiders go after him. I'm not sure it would happen or even if Zeke would be there; but I already really like Zeke, him becoming a Raider would mean I have to acquire him.

Helu was mentioned above - which would be interesting, depending how his surgery goes but is not a long term answer. Realistically though, I see us adding a RB through the draft. We were apparently in on Doug Martin but that was it. We clearly want a running back to replace Latavius or bump him to a COP back.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:42 pm

It's hard to process all this positive momentum, isn't it, Phaded?

Watch, though. They'll end up signing Bishop Sankey.

Although...

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Dookmariot wrote:It's hard to process all this positive momentum, isn't it, Phaded?

Watch, though. They'll end up signing Bishop Sankey.

Although...
Depending on the price - I would not mind us acquiring a guy like Sankey. He was never given a fair shot and I think he has good intangibles. Not a crazy athlete.

I can't see us trading for Sankey though. I still think the answer is through the draft.

There are some good RBs in this draft as someone mentioned above beyond Zeke & Henry, certainly better than Latavius. I'm sure we draft one in the first three rounds.

Moto660
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Moto660 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:58 pm

with a line this good, maybe Latavius is good enough? similar to the Dallas approach...? :shock:

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:03 pm

Moto660 wrote:with a line this good, maybe Latavius is good enough? similar to the Dallas approach...? :shock:
But Oakland will have to pay up for Latavius next offseason. Drafting an RB now makes much better financial sense for the big picture. Dallas went bargain shopping in FA for guys like DMC and cMike. Oakland can stay active in retooling next year if a 2nd round RB can start for them for the next 3-4 years. They would be a beast.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Come back DMC...all is forgiven!

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Not sure who will be added to run behind that line, but I'm happy for Derek Carr & Amari Cooper. May that pair continue to increase production!
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Dookmariot wrote:
Bot101 wrote:Zeke to Oakland hype train go go!
*faints*
Haha. I really do feel like if the Eagles dont take him, the next landing spot is the Raiders. They seem focused on landing a featured back. Who bettet than Zeke?

Carr/Cooper/Elliot thats quite a trio.