Week 15 stat change

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Week 15 stat change

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Anquan Boldin's five-yard touchdown at the end of Arizona's game from Sunday, originally scored as a reception from Kurt Warner, has been changed by the Elias Sports Bureau to a rushing score, according to ESPN.com.

Our View: You have to wonder whether the head of the Elias Sports Bureau lost a close fantasy matchup to a Warner owner. All jokes aside, this news is sure to make for some very irate owners, as the change, and loss of points for Warner, could very well alter a number of matchups that were thought to be final as of Monday night. To the owners who will end up losing out on a trip to their fantasy championship because of this, our best advice is not to dwell too much of the "what ifs" and to think of all the other things in your life you have to be thankful for.
Fanball

Was anyone affected by this?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:09 pm

I just checked on MFL and Yahoo and neither of them changed the stat...

M357's
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Week 15 stat change

Postby M357's » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Steelersfan wrote:

our best advice is not to dwell too much of the "what ifs" and to think of all the other things in your life you have to be thankful for.
Fanball
Just found this funny, things im thankful for and Fanball DO NOT go together in my book!!! lol, However on my Fanball site it was scored correctly as a rush and not a reception for a TD on Sunday, so they did do something right. Thankfully it had no bearing on any of my lgs games.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:45 pm

i've seen a ton of backward passes that got scored as passing TDs instead of rushing TDs. something seems goofy here.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Week 15 stat change

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:45 am

Steelersfan wrote:Anquan Boldin's five-yard touchdown at the end of Arizona's game from Sunday, originally scored as a reception from Kurt Warner, has been changed by the Elias Sports Bureau to a rushing score, according to ESPN.com.

Our View: You have to wonder whether the head of the Elias Sports Bureau lost a close fantasy matchup to a Warner owner. All jokes aside, this news is sure to make for some very irate owners, as the change, and loss of points for Warner, could very well alter a number of matchups that were thought to be final as of Monday night. To the owners who will end up losing out on a trip to their fantasy championship because of this, our best advice is not to dwell too much of the "what ifs" and to think of all the other things in your life you have to be thankful for.
Fanball

Was anyone affected by this?
I just came over to post a similar report from another site, but Mark's on top of it. I will anyway and am curious if anyone's playoff hopes get dashed by it.

"Kurt Warner stats correction

Scoring note: This past Sunday, an Arizona Cardinals scoring play was ruled a 5-yard touchdown pass from Kurt Warner to Anquan Boldin. The Elias Sports Bureau -- the official statistician of the NFL -- has reviewed the play and determined that Warner's pass was actually a lateral, making it a rushing play. Accordingly, stats for the game will be changed to reflect that Boldin scored a rushing touchdown on the play.

Per ESPN.com rules regarding scoring corrections, these changes will be processed for all leagues Wednesday night. To the extent that this changes any Week 15 results or Week 16 playoff matchups, those changes will go into effect automatically -- with the exception of any custom leagues in which the league manager has already manually adjusted playoff matchups."
-- ESPN Fantasy Games
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

tonyc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Yep

Postby tonyc » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Yahoo! just changed it today, and since I had "won" the semifinal by 3 points, the change means I lost, costing me a berth in the final and a chance at my first title.

To make thing worse, my opponent had Hasselbeck, and as a Hawks fan who was watching the SEA-TB game, I saw that Carlson clearly stepped out of bounds before he scored. But no challenge from TB, so the bogus TD counts, giving Hass his 4 points which now turn out to be the difference.

It's awesome that the NFL and Yahoo! can make this seemingly harmless stat change 4 days after the fact...after I had the thrill of victory on Sunday and invested countless hours since then researching to get my starting lineup in the final just right...oops, not invested, wasted. Thanks, NFL and Yahoo!

Thanks for letting me vent, DLF forum. On to the 3rd place game...woohoo! (Boohoo!) :cry:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Yep

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:27 pm

tonyc wrote:Yahoo! just changed it today, and since I had "won" the semifinal by 3 points, the change means I lost, costing me a berth in the final and a chance at my first title.

To make thing worse, my opponent had Hasselbeck, and as a Hawks fan who was watching the SEA-TB game, I saw that Carlson clearly stepped out of bounds before he scored. But no challenge from TB, so the bogus TD counts, giving Hass his 4 points which now turn out to be the difference.

It's awesome that the NFL and Yahoo! can make this seemingly harmless stat change 4 days after the fact...after I had the thrill of victory on Sunday and invested countless hours since then researching to get my starting lineup in the final just right...oops, not invested, wasted. Thanks, NFL and Yahoo!

Thanks for letting me vent, DLF forum. On to the 3rd place game...woohoo! (Boohoo!) :cry:
That sucks, man and I feel for 'ya. Stat corrections happen that way every week at the same time (if there are corrections to be made), but they are definitely magnified weeks like this. :cry:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:09 pm

tonyc wrote:Yahoo! just changed it today, and since I had "won" the semifinal by 3 points, the change means I lost, costing me a berth in the final and a chance at my first title.

That sucks for you man, tough break.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:26 pm

hey... you could be like me and get knocked out in the 1st round... then in 6 other leagues i didnt even SNIFF the playoffs... lol

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Misfit74 wrote:

That sucks, man and I feel for 'ya. Stat corrections happen that way every week at the same time (if there are corrections to be made), but they are definitely magnified weeks like this. :cry:
I have my leagues set so that they are final on Tuesday - stats changes don't affect the results. We're on to the next week, no wallowing in doubt over the previous weeks's results....

-oo-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:48 pm

I completely support the stats corrections and outcomes. I ask myself this...who is getting screwed more?

The team that loses as a result of the stats correction?
or
The team that would have lost because it was scored wrong?

It's not really a debate to me. Correcting the scoring is like checking with instant replay and the desired result is to correct mistakes that were made.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

tonyc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby tonyc » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:28 am

Meineymoe: wish I was in your league!

Skip: true, but if this was a game-changing play analyzed by instant replay, would there be enough visual evidence to overturn it? I.e., if the ball was dropped, and the refs originally ruled it a forward pass so it was incomplete and the play was dead (much like how the stats monkeys originally ruled it was a forward pass and thus a TD pass for Warner), would the ref looking under the hood say without a doubt, yep, it was backward and thus a fumble? Judge for yourself:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... an-wins-it

It's really close...if they ruled it a forward pass originally, and it's that close of a play that could go either way, then why change it? If they originally ruled it a lateral, I can't argue against that either.

Again, I know, sour grapes, just venting here, thanks for all the empathy folks, if everyone thinks it was definitely a lateral then I guess it was and they got the call right and justice has prevailed...just wish I didn't spend the last 4 days high on life cause I thought I was in the final with a chance to win it all for the first time in a dozen years...

And since replay is so awesome, wishing Raheem Morris would have used it to overturn Hasselbeck's TD pass that ended up beating me!

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:50 am

skip wrote:I completely support the stats corrections and outcomes. I ask myself this...who is getting screwed more?

The team that loses as a result of the stats correction?
or
The team that would have lost because it was scored wrong?

It's not really a debate to me. Correcting the scoring is like checking with instant replay and the desired result is to correct mistakes that were made.
Couldn´t agree more! Its bitter for those who think they are in.. and the next moment they aren´t because of a stat-change... but afterall its fair!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:47 pm

they need to make a precise definition of a forward pass. i see tons of laterals that get counted as passes and are not changed after the game. there's a -10 yard pass for brees today that i want to know if it was really a lateral or did brees backpedel 10 yards? if a qb throws overhand, it should count as a pass regardless of whether it went forward or backward
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Stat corrections strike again.... Back in 2006, in my leagues championship game, Team A had won by the narrowest of margins, something like 2.45 pts. Stat corrections negated a tackle and an assited sack from Shawne Merriman which equated to 2.5 pts in my leagues scoring. Team B then ended up winning the championship by 0.05 pts on a stat correction! That was as crazy of a stat correction that I have ever heard of, but they do happen more often than you might think. I actually won two games this year from stat corrections. It is just one crazy thing about stat corrections. Sorry for your luck. :cry: