Matt Forte Trade Value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Matt Forte Trade Value

Postby hosler427 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:15 pm

I have one team that I took over and I am rebuilding it from the ground up. I started this process at the beginning of the year and I am pretty satisfied with the direction of the team. I think I have an opportunity to deal Matt Forte. I know some would think that Forte should be part of the rebuilding, and not part of the trading. I am considering that but I have been one with the opinion that Forte is in a good situation with average talent. Currently I have the first two picks in the draft(but no second rounder) and my question is what draft pick value would you ask for in return for Forte? Would you do it for a first rounder straight up? Numerous picks? Any thoughts on the matter is appreciated.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Matt Forte Trade Value

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:23 pm

hosler427 wrote:I have one team that I took over and I am rebuilding it from the ground up. I started this process at the beginning of the year and I am pretty satisfied with the direction of the team. I think I have an opportunity to deal Matt Forte. I know some would think that Forte should be part of the rebuilding, and not part of the trading. I am considering that but I have been one with the opinion that Forte is in a good situation with average talent. Currently I have the first two picks in the draft(but no second rounder) and my question is what draft pick value would you ask for in return for Forte? Would you do it for a first rounder straight up? Numerous picks? Any thoughts on the matter is appreciated.

I'd aim for a mid to high 1st rounder or a late 1st rounder plus something else in return. Either way, I'd move Forte for whatever the best offer is, as you can add at least 2 RBs in the draft next year with your early picks as well.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:59 pm

You have a tall task on your hands because Forte's value is low and only going to get lower with matchups against Baltimore and Minnesota in the next 2 weeks.

Personally, I think that Forte is an excellent buy low and will rebound BIG TIME next year. Orlando Pace and the offensive line has been stinking awful this year and once Chris Williams gets comfortable at left tackle as well as some free agent acquisitions and the use of what few draft picks the Bears have remaining, I think the o-line will be MUCH improved next year. A new offensive coordinator will probably reign Jay Cutler in as well.

If you still want to deal Forte, wait until after he blows up Detroit in week 17 - his value should rebound a little after that. No matter what, don't accept less than a mid 1st round pick for Forte.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:07 pm

the_lung wrote:You have a tall task on your hands because Forte's value is low and only going to get lower with matchups against Baltimore and Minnesota in the next 2 weeks.

Personally, I think that Forte is an excellent buy low and will rebound BIG TIME next year. Orlando Pace and the offensive line has been stinking awful this year and once Chris Williams gets comfortable at left tackle as well as some free agent acquisitions and the use of what few draft picks the Bears have remaining, I think the o-line will be MUCH improved next year. A new offensive coordinator will probably reign Jay Cutler in as well.

If you still want to deal Forte, wait until after he blows up Detroit in week 17 - his value should rebound a little after that. No matter what, don't accept less than a mid 1st round pick for Forte.
top 3 pick or nothing imo.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:18 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
the_lung wrote:You have a tall task on your hands because Forte's value is low and only going to get lower with matchups against Baltimore and Minnesota in the next 2 weeks.

I had an offer of #3 but I was on the fence because there aren't many RB's with as significant a role as Forte has had with the Bears. That would give me the top 3 picks and I would likely pick 2 RB's and Bryant. Making a trade this early is a double-edged sword. You could end up getting good value but if the draft plays out differently and someone like Jonothan Dwyer ends up as a backup it could prolong the rebuilding. I am trying to weigh if it is worth the risk now.

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:27 pm

hosler427 wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:

I had an offer of #3 but I was on the fence because there aren't many RB's with as significant a role as Forte has had with the Bears. That would give me the top 3 picks and I would likely pick 2 RB's and Bryant. Making a trade this early is a double-edged sword. You could end up getting good value but if the draft plays out differently and someone like Jonothan Dwyer ends up as a backup it could prolong the rebuilding. I am trying to weigh if it is worth the risk now.
I am guessing that if you have the first 3 picks, one of the RBs will be CJ Spillar, now I am guessing whoever drafts him into the NFL will want to utilise his talents as soon as possible.

This will give you a starting RB, that gives you the flexibility to draft whichever other RB lands in the best situation. Gives you one RB with a talent and one RB with the better situation and still one pick to take the best WR as well.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:30 pm

hosler427 wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:

I'd trade Forte for pick #3, as you'd be getting very good value, plus you can always trade one of your top 3 picks if someone is looking to move up in the draft and overpay for one of your picks.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:14 pm

I've never been as high on Forte as most but he is worth a first rounder and then some just based on his rookie season.

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:06 am

I think you should deal him for either a third rounder or a solid veteran like Cadillac Williams :roll:
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:58 am

BubbaBurst wrote:I think you should deal him for either a third rounder or a solid veteran like Cadillac Williams :roll:
:D

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:44 am

hosler427 wrote:
BubbaBurst wrote:I think you should deal him for either a third rounder or a solid veteran like Cadillac Williams :roll:
:D

I like it!!! :D

I think Forte is a great "low buy" candidate! I think he will bounce back in a big way next year. I think they have focused so much on trying to pass block for Cutler, Forte has no where to run. I think they will try to run far more next year and compliment the run with the passing game.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges