The End of an ERA

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
princevincexoxo

The End of an ERA

Postby princevincexoxo » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Well guys I kinda thought about it a little....and I thought that maybe that it was time for me to take it easy around here a little. I realize that I have portrayed this huge self-centered know-it-all persona on these boards that honestly was fun to own sometimes, and maybe entertaining for some (and annoying for others) to experience at times I guess, but it isnt really fun for me anymore because its not really who I am - I am argumentative, but not nearly as aggressive, persistent, and cocky as I have been on the boards. Not that any of you really care about any of what Im saying :roll: . But I just felt like this could be my time to say that I enjoy being able to post, discuss/debate things, and compete in leagues here with you guys, as I have learned a lot over the years, and I have a ton of fun doing all these things. With that said being apart of this forum, and these leagues are something that I can truly say I enjoy as a hobby and I wouldnt want to do anything to make it less enjoyable for me or anyone else - so hopefully I haven't, and wont in the future. :D

Now excuse me I have some sleep to catch up on...and a big Sunday to prepare for! :wink: Have a nice weekend and good luck to you all this week....except Shawn :lol: 8-)

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: The End of an ERA

Postby Shawn » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:35 am

princevincexoxo wrote:Well guys I kinda thought about it a little....and I thought that maybe that it was time for me to take it easy around here a little. I realize that I have portrayed this huge self-centered know-it-all persona on these boards that honestly was fun to own sometimes, and maybe entertaining for some (and annoying for others) to experience at times I guess, but it isnt really fun for me anymore because its not really who I am - I am argumentative, but not nearly as aggressive, persistent, and cocky as I have been on the boards. Not that any of you really care about any of what Im saying :roll: . But I just felt like this could be my time to say that I enjoy being able to post, discuss/debate things, and compete in leagues here with you guys, as I have learned a lot over the years, and I have a ton of fun doing all these things. With that said being apart of this forum, and these leagues are something that I can truly say I enjoy as a hobby and I wouldnt want to do anything to make it less enjoyable for me or anyone else - so hopefully I haven't, and wont in the future. :D

Now excuse me I have some sleep to catch up on...and a big Sunday to prepare for! :wink: Have a nice weekend and good luck to you all this week....except Shawn :lol: 8-)
Thank You! It means a lot to have a team root for mine to lose, much better than rooting for mine to win, or worse yet, not even caring about what my team does. Your posts are always fun and entertaining to read, so I hope you keep doing your thing! I think people need to have more fun with websites like this, and not take things or themselves too seriously. The entertainment, good discussion, and FUN means much much more than the actual wins and losses. :wink:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

chiefs_fan4life_2
Starter
Starter

Postby chiefs_fan4life_2 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:39 am

Shawn wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:Well guys I kinda thought about it a little....and I thought that maybe that it was time for me to take it easy around here a little. I realize that I have portrayed this huge self-centered know-it-all persona on these boards that honestly was fun to own sometimes, and maybe entertaining for some (and annoying for others) to experience at times I guess, but it isnt really fun for me anymore because its not really who I am - I am argumentative, but not nearly as aggressive, persistent, and cocky as I have been on the boards. Not that any of you really care about any of what Im saying :roll: . But I just felt like this could be my time to say that I enjoy being able to post, discuss/debate things, and compete in leagues here with you guys, as I have learned a lot over the years, and I have a ton of fun doing all these things. With that said being apart of this forum, and these leagues are something that I can truly say I enjoy as a hobby and I wouldnt want to do anything to make it less enjoyable for me or anyone else - so hopefully I haven't, and wont in the future. :D

Thank You! It means a lot to have a team root for mine to lose, much better than rooting for mine to win, or worse yet, not even caring about what my team does. Your posts are always fun and entertaining to read, so I hope you keep doing your thing! I think people need to have more fun with websites like this, and not take things or themselves too seriously. The entertainment, good discussion, and FUN means much much more than the actual wins and losses. :wink:

100% agreement
1 QB, 5 (RB-WR-TE), PK, 3 DE/DT, 3 LB, 3 CB/S
standard scoring w/ppr

QB- Palmer, Cassel, Dalton(r), Mallett(r), Collins
RB-
WR- Fitz, Marshall, Nicks, Crabtree, SJohnson, Gibson, Burton(r), Roberts, Randle El, Cruz
TE- Davis, Cook
PK- Nedney
DE/DT- Cole, Umenyiora, Biermann, Gregg, Liuget(r), Coleman
LB- Mayo, Ruud, Lofton, Houston(r), TDavis, English
CB/S- Branch, Verner, Chung, Barber, Fletcher, Greene, Gregory, ABerry, Peterson(r)

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:13 am

I know how to take you Vince after all of the leagues we have been in together and the few years of posts here on the forum...if we all agreed all of the time the forum would suffer because of it. You add a great deal of "spunk" to the forum and to the leagues you take part in. Keep up the great insight you provide, even if the vast majority agrees or not as it has led to some of the best debates we have had on the forum.

BTW, see you in the consolation bracket in the DLFMIL I... :twisted: :lol:

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:36 am

As it is in my very competitive nature...wins and losses are highly regarded especially in leagues versus you all because I have always felt like you guys were the best of the best IMO when it comes to fantasy football - nowadays I always promote this site. I remember when I used to do re-draft leagues way back when I was like 12, and even though I wasnt into football AS MUCH, I still always looked for the most competitive leagues...and I was never really good or successful at it, I just kinda did it. One year I came across a league where it was ultra competitive, to the point where they even set up different leagues in different sports year round. So I rolled with them for a few years but I never really won, I always just competed....and boy my egotistical persona on here was nothing compared to some of theirs - but I enjoyed trash talking with them, even though ultimately I never was in the position to talk the talk and walk the walk. I guess my hope has always been that people on here would just trash talk back, though sometimes it did get a little old - but its always better to shut someone up with a win that sends them packing. I DID have lots of fun though but me being competitive always wanted to have fun AND win, at least SOMETIMES. Losing isnt the end of the world, but its always a little more fun when you win, right? :lol: I lost for so many years that when I first found this site (which subsequently was around the time I started college :P ), and converted completely to dynasty I was so excited to compete, participate, sharpen up my game and have fun!

This change was not CAUSED by any specific event..but rather this has been a personal change I have been making slowly as this season has progressed. I'll do the best I can do to keep it interesting...and it was fun being that villainous, antagonist type character that constantly challenged people, but its time to tone it down a bit :lol: someone else can do it though. Nate and Skip I think would be great at it...maybe not as egotistical but just as thorough. :P

And to Mark....the only way I'll be in a consolation bracket is if you draw a custom one up on paper :lol:
Last edited by princevincexoxo on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:59 am

princevincexoxo wrote:As it is in my very competitive nature...wins and losses are highly regarded especially in leagues versus you all because I have always felt like you guys were the best of the best IMO when it comes to fantasy football - nowadays I always promote this site. I remember when I used to do re-draft leagues way back when I was like 12, and even though I wasnt into football AS MUCH, I still always looked for the most competitive leagues...and I was never really good or successful at it, I just kinda did it. One year I came across a league where it was ultra competitive, to the point where they even set up different leagues in different sports year round. So I rolled with them for a few years but I never really won, I always just competed....and boy my egotistical persona on here was nothing compared to some of theirs - but I enjoyed trash talking with them, even though ultimately I never was in the position to talk the talk and walk the walk. I guess my hope has always been that people on here would just trash talk back, though sometimes it did get a little old - but its always better to shut someone up with a win that sends them packing. I DID have lots of fun though but me being competitive always wanted to have fun AND win, at least SOMETIMES. Losing isnt the end of the world, but its always a little more fun when you win, right? :lol: I lost for so many years that when I first found this site (which subsequently was around the time I started college :P ), and converted completely to dynasty I was so excited to compete, participate, sharpen up my game and have fun!

This change was not CAUSED by any specific event..but rather this has been a personal change I have been making slowly as this season has progressed. I'll do the best I can do to keep it interesting...and it was fun being that villainous, antagonist type character that constantly challenged people, but its time to tone it down a bit :lol: someone else can do it though. Nate and Skip I think would be great at it...maybe not as egotistical but just as thorough. :P
The problem with Nate though is he has the intelligence of an earthworm. Kinda hard to make something you hook on a fishing line look like the villian. :lol:

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:02 am

moneyballer wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:As it is in my very competitive nature...wins and losses are highly regarded especially in leagues versus you all because I have always felt like you guys were the best of the best IMO when it comes to fantasy football - nowadays I always promote this site. I remember when I used to do re-draft leagues way back when I was like 12, and even though I wasnt into football AS MUCH, I still always looked for the most competitive leagues...and I was never really good or successful at it, I just kinda did it. One year I came across a league where it was ultra competitive, to the point where they even set up different leagues in different sports year round. So I rolled with them for a few years but I never really won, I always just competed....and boy my egotistical persona on here was nothing compared to some of theirs - but I enjoyed trash talking with them, even though ultimately I never was in the position to talk the talk and walk the walk. I guess my hope has always been that people on here would just trash talk back, though sometimes it did get a little old - but its always better to shut someone up with a win that sends them packing. I DID have lots of fun though but me being competitive always wanted to have fun AND win, at least SOMETIMES. Losing isnt the end of the world, but its always a little more fun when you win, right? :lol: I lost for so many years that when I first found this site (which subsequently was around the time I started college :P ), and converted completely to dynasty I was so excited to compete, participate, sharpen up my game and have fun!

The problem with Nate though is he has the intelligence of an earthworm. Kinda hard to make something you hook on a fishing line look like the villian. :lol:

That would actually make him a BETTER villain than me because villains are actually supposed to be defeated... :wink:

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:07 am

princevincexoxo wrote:That would actually make him a BETTER villain than me because villains are actually supposed to be defeated... :wink:
I don't even know where to go with this. :D

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 am

moneyballer wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My wife is starring at me from the kitchen as I am tearing up laughing so hard. That was awesome Scotty...

----------------
Now playing: Gov't Mule - Mother Earth

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:17 am

its just different personalities, and people change as they get older. older men generally are more laid back and relaxed than younger... just look at football players. you have some guys like to, fatwhale, porter, rivers... and you have other guys like moss, (ss)lynch, bailey, colston... the former talks more bleep on the football field... where the latter hardly talks at all... im like the later, id big hit you, and just walk away knowing i hurt you... while the other guys would have been taunting.. its just how some people play. the former generally gains alot more resentment than the latter... just like on these forums i tend to give my opinion and refrain from arguments. opinions will always differ, just like player values, just as scouting will... its not villian or hero, just how some people play. :)

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Vince... I hope my comment in the other thread about the "blow up" didn't cause you to take this step back. I doubt it did, I would hope not...

I'll agree with the others... I've enjoyed your posts in my short amount of time here. But I'm still pretty new around these parts, so I'm trying not to ruffle any feathers. One of the reasons why I've been spending more time here is because I enjoy challenging the "hot heads" on the other boards/communities that I've been a part of. But I felt the same way and have backed off. Truth is, I haven't been very active on any message board other than this one in recent months.

Bring your facts and your opinions, you spend a lot of time with your posts. As do I ( sometimes )... and that's a big reason why a good thread lasts.

We play in leagues because we like the challenge. And deep down, I don't think anyone has a problem with someone who challenges their opinion. It's what makes a place like this work. It's natural to get a little less cocky over time though because nobody is right 100% of the time. Opinions are like @$$holes... we all have one.
Last edited by Phish Brigade on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:16 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:...I realize that I have portrayed this huge self-centered know-it-all persona on these boards that honestly was fun to own sometimes, and maybe entertaining for some (and annoying for others) to experience at times I guess, but it isnt really fun for me anymore because its not really who I am - I am argumentative, but not nearly as aggressive, persistent, and cocky as I have been on the boards...
The best part is that I told my wife this very thing about you just two days ago. :-) You wouldn't believe how non-confrontational I really am.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:45 am

Damn it Vince, you had to choose now to back off? I was really looking forward to rubbing it in when you miss the playoffs in both DLF leagues :lol: . Try not to back off too much, your opinions are always well thought out and appreciated (atleast by me)
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:26 am

BubbaBurst wrote:Damn it Vince, you had to choose now to back off? I was really looking forward to rubbing it in when you miss the playoffs in both DLF leagues :lol: . Try not to back off too much, your opinions are always well thought out and appreciated (atleast by me)
Why do you think he chose now to back off? Maybe things aren't looking as rosy as in year's past? :lol: :shock: :D :lol:

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:32 am

moneyballer wrote:
BubbaBurst wrote:Damn it Vince, you had to choose now to back off? I was really looking forward to rubbing it in when you miss the playoffs in both DLF leagues :lol: . Try not to back off too much, your opinions are always well thought out and appreciated (atleast by me)
Why do you think he chose now to back off? Maybe things aren't looking as rosy as in year's past? :lol: :shock: :D :lol:

Ahhhhhhhhh Scotty!.....That was good bro. But things are ALWAYS rosy on my side of the fantays world - you should know this. Keep in mind, I am so humble, generous and considerate that I just thought for ONE YEAR I'd give everyone else a shot at winning :roll: thats all. Keep the results fresh :wink:.....Im still in the playoffs for the DLF Charter League....and Im not out of the Invitational 1 yet....if Mason and GB defense cant score 30 points combined then Im done...I think they MIGHT be able to pull that off but I doubt it though. DAMNIT SHAWWWWN!