Newton or Bradford?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Re: Newton or Bradford?

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:41 pm

andrewfroboy wrote:I think the new question becomes Newton or Luck
Newton has already proven it and then some for half a season. I'd take Newton, no questions asked.

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:
Newton has already proven it and then some for half a season. I'd take Newton, no questions asked.
I am with you WB, any QB who is a goalline scoring rb to go along with 50 yds rushing is tough to beat.
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:

Yeah, I don't think that's a question at all. I mean, it might be the narrative in the NFL for the next 10-15 years, but in fantasy I think newton is, right now a top 5 dynasty qb. I think the question is going to be , Newton or Brady, Newton or Brees, not Newton or luck.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:32 pm

I think Cam will be the number two redraft QB next year, in my mind easily the # 2 dynasty QB as well.
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:35 pm

andrewfroboy wrote:I think Cam will be the number two redraft QB next year, in my mind easily the # 2 dynasty QB as well.
In a redraft, I could make a case for brady, vick and brees. In a dynasty, I'd have a much harder time making that case.

I think in dynasty the number 2 qb is pretty much a tossup between Newton and Kaepernick. Pretty much a coin toss between the two of them at this point...

:D
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Haha
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:21 pm

RobertBobson wrote:
andrewfroboy wrote:I think Cam will be the number two redraft QB next year, in my mind easily the # 2 dynasty QB as well.
In a redraft, I could make a case for brady, vick and brees. In a dynasty, I'd have a much harder time making that case.

I think in dynasty the number 2 qb is pretty much a tossup between Newton and Kaepernick. Pretty much a coin toss between the two of them at this point...

:D
bahahahahahahahahahhahhahha
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowdudes - 14 team - SF, PPR, No TEP - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Well, I thought Gabbert was the best QB in this class though there are situations where I'd have drafted Newton over Gabbert. Bottom line is this: I was wrong about Newton: he's a much better passer and player than I thought and has played well far sooner than I anticipated he would. And even though it's too early to read too much into half a season and certainly I can't judge their career paths by the handful of games they've started it's clear from a fantasy perspective that Newton is extremely valuable already, as a rookie, and a dual-threat QB that can clearly pass the ball well. His passing is already ahead of what Vick's was his first few seasons in the league. His situation (Oline, Smith, 2 TEs, 2 RBs, etc.) helps him succeed, obviously, but the sky is the limit with this guy and I don't need any more convincing.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:30 pm

I have to admit,In retro-perspective it seems like I was wrong. Now of course its not even close anymore of being ridiculous favoring Newton over Bradford. As some wrote, situation can change quickly, but right now I´d definately take Newton over Bradford, though I stand by my comments that it was a little premature to favor Newton over Bradford after only week 1 was in the books. Again.. in retro-perspective of course it was completely right to do so... but pretending being back on that monday after Newton has made his NFL debue, it was too early , cause nb could´ve really known what would happen going forward, nb could´ve known Newton backing up his week 1 performance again and again and again and...
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

wkstyle
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby wkstyle » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:18 am

BradyT wrote:I have to admit,In retro-perspective it seems like I was wrong. Now of course its not even close anymore of being ridiculous favoring Newton over Bradford. As some wrote, situation can change quickly, but right now I´d definately take Newton over Bradford, though I stand by my comments that it was a little premature to favor Newton over Bradford after only week 1 was in the books. Again.. in retro-perspective of course it was completely right to do so... but pretending being back on that monday after Newton has made his NFL debue, it was too early , cause nb could´ve really known what would happen going forward, nb could´ve known Newton backing up his week 1 performance again and again and again and...
I was hesitant after week 1 as well. While it was a great performance we saw a fantastic rookie season from Bradford last year. When Newton put up solid numbers against the GB defense and respectable numbers in a monsoon, I was sold.
Dynasty League info: 12 Teams, .5 PPR, 6pt tds, return yds - Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR, TE, K, D

QB: R. Fitzpatrick, J. Flacco, B. Gabbert
RB: MJD, F. Jones, D. Williams, T. Hightower, R. Helu, R. Williams, P. Tanner, Vereen
WR: C. Johnson, D. Bryant, R. Wayne, J. Jones (Atl), T. Smith (Bal), J. Baldwin, J. Cribbs, J. Simpson, P. Parker
TE: K. Winslow, J. Cook
D: Buf

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:28 am

So Bradfords been putting up terrible stats since the day he entered the league, how much longer does he have to perform so poorly for the Bradford fan boys to admit he's an awful QB?

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Postby standard_variance » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:20 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:So Bradfords been putting up terrible stats since the day he entered the league, how much longer does he have to perform so poorly for the Bradford fan boys to admit he's an awful QB?
see Im telling you, the same thing is going to happen to Bradford what happened to Alex Smith. People are going to start doubting his abilities when the fact is its not Bradfords fault. He isnt an awful QB...he is just in a mediocre system.
"We must be keenly alive to the defects of our own faith also, yet not leave it on that account, but try to overcome those defects." -Ghandi

There is a difference between argument, and dogmatic assertion. Argument leaves room for change, and improvement, dogma only leaves room for acceptance.

In honor of Gino - "Strong Fantasy Quarterbacks are the cornerstone to any successful Dynasty team"

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Bradford is a good QB. I actually still believe in him quite a bit long term. Watching him play, he's very very talented. Having a playmaker like Lloyd is already paying dividends. If guys would stop dropping balls every other throw and if the Rams get him a legit long term #1 receiver, I still like his chances as a low end #1 fantasy QB.

I don't think he's ever going to be elite though, just because he doesn't get those important QB rushing yards and he's probably never going to reach the passing potential of Rodgers / Brady / Brees / Manning. I see absolutely no reason he can't develop into a #6-10 range fantasy QB though.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:11 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:So Bradfords been putting up terrible stats since the day he entered the league, how much longer does he have to perform so poorly for the Bradford fan boys to admit he's an awful QB?

Child please...Sam Bradford isn´t an awful QB!!!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11