DeAndre Washington

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Injured Reserve
Captain
Captain

Re: DeAndre Washington; watch out Latavius?

Postby Injured Reserve » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:54 am

Dynastychamp111 wrote:I traded L. Murray, Ajayi and JStew for M. Ingram and 2.5 who ended up being K. Drake about two months before the draft. I dont think L. Murray is the long term answer and glad I traded him when i did. If D. Washington eats into his carrier and K. Drake eats into Ajayi's then i feel i won the trade.
Off topic, but I think you won this trade already getting Ingram.
Team 1- 10 team dynasty
Wilson, Rivers /Lacy, Martin, M.Jones, JStew /AJ Green, Allen, ARob, Gordon, Austin, Parker,Jones/ Kelce, Thomas, LGreen
Dareus /Heyward, Vernon, Fowler/Clowney, Anthony, TSmith, EKendricks, Collins /Darby, Jenkins/ Burnett, HSmith, Collins

Team 2-12 team keeper
Cousins/ Bell, Langford, Williams/ Beckham, K Allen, Moncrief, Parker/ Kelce
Quinn, Jackson, Lawrence/ TSmith, EKendricks, Dansby, Hicks/ Burnett

Team 3- 10 team dynasty
Brees, Flacco, Bridgewater, Goff/ Lacy, Abdullah, Yeldon, Ajayi, D.Washington, McKinnon, KRobinson/ Moncrief,DBG, K Bell, TBenjamin, Montgomery, Wright, Agholor, Sanu, Latimer, Sharpe/ Hooper, Ertz, Rodgers

Team 4- 10 team dynasty
Winston, Wentz, Manning, Tannehill/ Lacy, Matthews, Crowell, Jennings, Starks, Morris, Taliaferro, Smallwood, Sankey/ Evans, Watkins, Allen, Jordy, Agholor, Coleman, D.Smith, Pryor/ Gronk, Bennett, Higbee

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:25 am

Franky Four Fingers wrote: I've got to disagree with you on this one.
Okay. But my opinion isn't subjective, it's an objective conclusion from tape review. Granted, I've 'only' reviewed six games from his final year. I think that's a lot for a sample size, though.
I would certainly consider him to be a more physical runner than Duke Johnson.
No way, dude. I don't think you've looked at Duke much. It's not even close. Duke has 10 lbs on Washington, and he uses it. He's notorious for his stiff arm and is noted for his willing aggression running downhill when the run-play calls for it. To be clear, he's obviously not a power-back and will never push a pile, but that's not the point. The point is that Duke doesn't hesitate to lower the pads and attack tacklers when he has to. He certainly doesn't blow people up, but he makes them pay some price to take him down.

I don't see enough of that on DeAndre Washington's tape. I see a lot of him just bouncing off contact, going down soft to bodied up attempts. I think the correlation with his meager TD production prior to his senior year is telling of this point.
Freeman doesn't seek out contract either for that matter.
Seeking contact is not the point I'm making here regardless, but suffice it to say that I don't think you can find a run like this one on DeAndre Washington's tape. I sure couldn't.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:38 am

Regarding the difference between Washington and Dixon (confession I like both of them) while the NFL draft is a big part of the puzzle determining players value we shouldn't completely ignore pre-draft fantasy assessments. It's all part of a more complete picture. It's fair to say that NFL drafters are more right than fantasy rankers a lot of the NFL draft misses are caught by the fantasy rankers pre draft.

My favorite examples of this come from the 2012 draft:
Isaiah Pead was a 3rd or 4th round rookie grade who was expected to go in the late 2nd round of dynasty drafts. Lamar Miller was a 2nd round rookie grade expected to go in the 1st round of rookie drafts.

Pead gets drafted in the 2nd in the NFL Draft and Lamar Miller falls to the 4th due to concerns of picking up the playbook. Pead jumped to the first round of many/most dynasty rookie drafts and Miller slipped into the 2nd.

AJ Jenkins was a 3rd or 4th round rookie grade and go drafted in the 1st and leapt up dynasty draft boards from obscurity to borderline 1st round pick.

Not saying NFL draft position shouldn't influence your rankings but it's more like a very important piece of the puzzle as opposed to a trump card.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

KAT
Starter
Starter

Postby KAT » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:09 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:
tritsctm wrote:The hype train on Washington is real. Just went 1.14 in my league.
Yeesh. I felt like I reached on him in one league when I took him at pick 25. Situations like this are a product of this class though. I honestly think once you get past the Procise/Booker/Perkins tier at 13-14, there's about 15 players you can defend taking after that. Just a watered down mess past the first dozen or so.
Crazy, we had a really early rookie draft so Washington and Smallwood both went undrafted. (IDP only 5 rds) I blew almost half my FAB budget to grab both plus Taj Sharpe. Hope one blows up.... cause I don't have much money left this year.
12 team - Sflex PPR - TEP - Champion 2021-2022
Q(1-2)-Jackson, Dak, Lance, Love, Huntley
RB(2-4)-JT, Mixon, JK, Barkley
WR(3-5)-Chase, Hill, Diggs, Cooks, Hollywood, Aiyuk, Jeudy, T. Johnson, J. Washington, Reagor
TE(1-3)-Waller, Moreau, Tonyan
DL(3-4)- Burns, Davenport, Gregory
LB(3-4)-Kendricks, Okereke, JOK, Shaq, Bolton, Jamin, Gay
DB(3-4)-Dugger, Ryan, Amos, Deablo
2022 picks - none
2023 picks all of my own

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Haugs32 wrote:
BuckeyeNation wrote:
tritsctm wrote:The hype train on Washington is real. Just went 1.14 in my league.
Yeesh. I felt like I reached on him in one league when I took him at pick 25. Situations like this are a product of this class though. I honestly think once you get past the Procise/Booker/Perkins tier at 13-14, there's about 15 players you can defend taking after that. Just a watered down mess past the first dozen or so.
Crazy, we had a really early rookie draft so Washington and Smallwood both went undrafted. (IDP only 5 rds) I blew almost half my FAB budget to grab both plus Taj Sharpe. Hope one blows up.... cause I don't have much money left this year.
Always a good idea to buy those guy with FA $$ imo
One good game and you can easily land solid picks for them
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:32 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
Franky Four Fingers wrote: I've got to disagree with you on this one.
Okay. But my opinion isn't subjective, it's an objective conclusion from tape review. Granted, I've 'only' reviewed six games from his final year. I think that's a lot for a sample size, though.
I would certainly consider him to be a more physical runner than Duke Johnson.
No way, dude. I don't think you've looked at Duke much. It's not even close. Duke has 10 lbs on Washington, and he uses it. He's notorious for his stiff arm and is noted for his willing aggression running downhill when the run-play calls for it. To be clear, he's obviously not a power-back and will never push a pile, but that's not the point. The point is that Duke doesn't hesitate to lower the pads and attack tacklers when he has to. He certainly doesn't blow people up, but he makes them pay some price to take him down.

I don't see enough of that on DeAndre Washington's tape. I see a lot of him just bouncing off contact, going down soft to bodied up attempts. I think the correlation with his meager TD production prior to his senior year is telling of this point.
Freeman doesn't seek out contract either for that matter.
Seeking contact is not the point I'm making here regardless, but suffice it to say that I don't think you can find a run like this one on DeAndre Washington's tape. I sure couldn't.
Maybe you and I are watching different film. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DP5b5AuDyBI I see plenty of physical runs in this package of highlights. In the Duke video you posted I saw one nice stiff arm and another play where he avoided contact all together and the defender put him on his a** for his troubles. Not trying to say Duke is a bad player but to suggest he's somehow a physical runner is a little laughable. To each his own but you watch those Washington highlights and tell me he's not a physical enough runner to run behind one of the better lines in the NFL.

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:55 pm

For a single games worth of highlights check out his film against the number 2 ranked TCU. The Hornfrogs were one of the best defenses in the country last year and Washington ate them up for 22/188/3, plenty of impressive runs against top flight competition. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h0x0Mv6DFME

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:27 am

Franky Four Fingers wrote:For a single games worth of highlights check out his film against the number 2 ranked TCU. The Hornfrogs were one of the best defenses in the country last year and Washington ate them up for 22/188/3, plenty of impressive runs against top flight competition. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h0x0Mv6DFME
I agree. One of the games that made me interested in drafting him.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:24 am

Franky Four Fingers wrote:For a single games worth of highlights check out his film against the number 2 ranked TCU. The Hornfrogs were one of the best defenses in the country last year and Washington ate them up for 22/188/3, plenty of impressive runs against top flight competition. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h0x0Mv6DFME
Aside from the fumble and the drop - this is an example of good tape

What I do find ironic is that although he is substantially smaller than Murray, he runs more physical.

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:48 am

For what its worth, TCU was 80th in rushing defense and like 63rd in total defense. Certainly not one of the best defenses. This tape was nice, but the problem I have with it is his offense as a whole. It is a spread out offense designed to spread out defenders which leaves huge running lanes. Many of his runs were either kicked to the outside or had huge gaps for him to hit. A lot of times he had to make only 1 guy miss and then had an open field. Granted those were nice moves he made to make the defender miss but the NFL game will be much different. He wont just have 1 guy to beat nor will they be as easy to beat.
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:43 pm

He's gonna ball. Full disclosure, I'm biased as a Raider fan, but all I've watched and read has impressed me. I think we'll see a lot of teams attempt deploy smaller, stout RBs like DWash in a similar manner to how the Pats used Lewis (and White after him). Looking forward to this real (and fantasy) season.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:06 pm

tl;dr

I've been writing this guy off as too small because Google says he's 190 lbs. But someone said he was 204 lbs in another thread, and NFL.com agrees, so maybe it's time I pay attention. I've been playing this game long enough to remember Maurice Jones-Drew, and as I recall he came out of nowhere to have a great career. People wrote him off for a long time though, and they probably will do so with Washington even if he wins some playing time. So I'll stick with Murray. But I do see the potential now. If this guy performs at all I will be somewhat likely to trade Latavius mid-season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:43 pm

Tsunami wrote:tl;dr

I've been writing this guy off as too small because Google says he's 190 lbs. But someone said he was 204 lbs in another thread, and NFL.com agrees, so maybe it's time I pay attention. I've been playing this game long enough to remember Maurice Jones-Drew, and as I recall he came out of nowhere to have a great career. People wrote him off for a long time though, and they probably will do so with Washington even if he wins some playing time. So I'll stick with Murray. But I do see the potential now. If this guy performs at all I will be somewhat likely to trade Latavius mid-season.
Yeah, that was me. Funny thing was, I was going to mention MJD as a comp (height/weight wise), but I decided to let you make your own conclusions. It's interesting you then brought up MJD. Not saying he'll be that good, but being well over 200 pounds does definitely make a difference as an inside runner compared to 190. His 82nd percentile SPARQ score is nothing to scoff at, either.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

KAT
Starter
Starter

Postby KAT » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:46 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tsunami wrote:tl;dr

Yeah, that was me. Funny thing was, I was going to mention MJD as a comp (height/weight wise), but I decided to let you make your own conclusions. It's interesting you then brought up MJD. Not saying he'll be that good, but being well over 200 pounds does definitely make a difference as an inside runner compared to 190. His 82nd percentile SPARQ score is nothing to scoff at, either.

MJD.... I love the sound of that.
I also love that PFF gave him the 6th best pass blocking grade in this RB class.
https://twitter.com/Pat_Thorman/status/ ... 2313005056
12 team - Sflex PPR - TEP - Champion 2021-2022
Q(1-2)-Jackson, Dak, Lance, Love, Huntley
RB(2-4)-JT, Mixon, JK, Barkley
WR(3-5)-Chase, Hill, Diggs, Cooks, Hollywood, Aiyuk, Jeudy, T. Johnson, J. Washington, Reagor
TE(1-3)-Waller, Moreau, Tonyan
DL(3-4)- Burns, Davenport, Gregory
LB(3-4)-Kendricks, Okereke, JOK, Shaq, Bolton, Jamin, Gay
DB(3-4)-Dugger, Ryan, Amos, Deablo
2022 picks - none
2023 picks all of my own

amazehayes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

DeAndre Washington

Postby amazehayes » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:51 am

Are we selling on Washington? The Raiders look to be going to a committee approach between him Murray and Richards. Are we selling a Washington and if so what's a good asking price?