Purdy vs Lance 2023

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which scenario do you think is most likely?

Purdy holds the job and Lance is a backup
41%
Lance regains the starting role and Purdy is a backup
33%
Lance is traded and gets a shot elsewhere
26%

Total votes: 97

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Purdy vs Lance 2023

Postby murphysxm » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:17 pm

I was a moderator on a pretty active site for quite awhile. We had a rule. We tried to stay with 5 mods. If three of us wanted to boot a user, they were gone. I am very disappointed that the small percentage of ignorant posters are still here. I block, but you always see. I occasionally slip and stoop to respond, but try to avoid. At the end of the day I come here to escape, engage and learn. If you don’t help in that, I don’t care to hear from you.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:08 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:17 pm I was a moderator on a pretty active site for quite awhile. We had a rule. We tried to stay with 5 mods. If three of us wanted to boot a user, they were gone. I am very disappointed that the small percentage of ignorant posters are still here. I block, but you always see. I occasionally slip and stoop to respond, but try to avoid. At the end of the day I come here to escape, engage and learn. If you don’t help in that, I don’t care to hear from you.
Mods have a tough job.
Almost all mods everywhere are NOT paid.

It's a tough, thankless, payless, often unsatisfying job.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:08 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:17 pm I was a moderator on a pretty active site for quite awhile. We had a rule. We tried to stay with 5 mods. If three of us wanted to boot a user, they were gone. I am very disappointed that the small percentage of ignorant posters are still here. I block, but you always see. I occasionally slip and stoop to respond, but try to avoid. At the end of the day I come here to escape, engage and learn. If you don’t help in that, I don’t care to hear from you.
In all honesty being the internet police is pretty bad; I have read your toxic posts for a few years now and you certainly are not the arbiter of righteousness on these boards and in fact I find the post quoted ignorant as it contributes absolutely nothing to this site so spare us your sanctimonious BS.

While your FF knowledge is above average; your contribution to this thread is a big ZERO calling others ignorant inciting even more discourse..... SHAME on YOU for inciting even more BS.
Last edited by Ice on Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

SN9-7Titans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SN9-7Titans » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:06 am

Ice wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:10 pm Anyone notice the Poll is now 40% to 33% in favor of Mr irrelevant!

Hope you enjoyed the moment of Zen!

Okay back to the thread fight! 😎
the poll holds as much relevance as the achievement-label people acquire just from posting. :thumbup: :lol:
Team NoDrama - 12Team SF 1.5 TEP

QB: Hurts, Tagovailoa, Ridder, Lance, Purdy, Stroud
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Dobbins, Dillon, White, Warren
WR: Higgins, JSN, Jeudy, Aiyuk, Dotson, Amon-Ra, Shakir, Michael Thomas, Gallup, Rondale Moore
TE: Goedert, Meyer, Kincaid, Jelani Woods, Jonnu Smith, Otton, Bryant, Kolar
Picks: 3.07, 4.07
----------------------------

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:25 am

dustyroads wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 am And do mods exist around here anymore?
If this thread still being open is any indication, probably not :lol:

Also, TIL that all the rejects from Football Guys post here. That would explain a LOT.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:36 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:25 am
dustyroads wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 am And do mods exist around here anymore?
If this thread still being open is any indication, probably not :lol:

Also, TIL that all the rejects from Football Guys post here. That would explain a LOT.
Looks like the original post was deleted, but the thread still exists. So, *something* was done lol.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:40 am

Yeah forums have gone downhill, probably since DLF was acquired. I suspect the new owners got rid of most of the mods to save $.

It's the same 4-5 people fighting in every damn thread. Just chill out fellas/ladies.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:52 am

Just watched Kittle interview at SB where he said Purdy will take the Niners to the Super Bowl next season.

And here is Bosa’s thoughts on the situation:

https://twitter.com/NBCS49ers/status/16 ... 99840?s=20

Bosa praises Purdy to a pretty extreme extent just like other 49ers players have, and then ends with this on Lance:

“if he’s the back up for us, then we have a really good backup.”

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:19 am

And to be fair, a somewhat dissenting opinion: https://youtu.be/pPYEK58yR0Q

Deebo praising Lance and saying Kyle will make it a competition.

Now off to play 18 on the golf simulator before coming back here to get my daily dose of hatred and off topic attacks for posting info on this situation.

SN9-7Titans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SN9-7Titans » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:55 am

dondickenson wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:19 am And to be fair, a somewhat dissenting opinion: https://youtu.be/pPYEK58yR0Q

Now off to play 18 on the golf simulator before coming back here to get my daily dose of hatred and off topic attacks for posting info on this situation.
Kittle's just fanboying Purdy because 1. he's a great teammate and 2. he throws to Kittle every game. Deebo described the situation as it is this time, no speculation or projection. Kyle will give Purdy and Trey the chance to battle it out if Purdy is healthy. But again:

purdy will be as healthy for camp as you have any chance of breaking 100
Team NoDrama - 12Team SF 1.5 TEP

QB: Hurts, Tagovailoa, Ridder, Lance, Purdy, Stroud
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Dobbins, Dillon, White, Warren
WR: Higgins, JSN, Jeudy, Aiyuk, Dotson, Amon-Ra, Shakir, Michael Thomas, Gallup, Rondale Moore
TE: Goedert, Meyer, Kincaid, Jelani Woods, Jonnu Smith, Otton, Bryant, Kolar
Picks: 3.07, 4.07
----------------------------

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:03 am

SN9-7Titans wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:55 am
dondickenson wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:19 am And to be fair, a somewhat dissenting opinion: https://youtu.be/pPYEK58yR0Q

Kittle's just fanboying Purdy because 1. he's a great teammate and 2. he throws to Kittle every game. Deebo described the situation as it is this time, no speculation or projection. Kyle will give Purdy and Trey the chance to battle it out if Purdy is healthy. But again:

purdy will be as healthy for camp as you have any chance of breaking 100
I should have put my phone down but I still have 30 mins before we start, so I’ll just respond by saying I’ve been a single digit handicap for almost 20 years. I’m playing TPC Scottsdale in 6 weeks and that’s what we are playing today on sim, with the Waste Management on in the background. Life is good. Get out and enjoy it.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:08 am

dondickenson wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:03 am
I should have put my phone down but I still have 30 mins before we start, so I’ll just respond by saying I’ve been a single digit handicap for almost 20 years. I’m playing TPC Scottsdale in 6 weeks and that’s what we are playing today on sim, with the Waste Management on in the background. Life is good. Get out and enjoy it.
Awesome course you will enjoy! :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:22 am

Teammates sharing their opinions on other teammates isn't factual. It's opinion.

Sharing anecdotes you find on the internet is equivalent to searching "I'm right.com" looking for something that agrees with you. It's the internet, you can find anything out there. You can find a hundred quotes & videos saying the Earth is flat, your scientist friend who's been a scientist for 20 years says it's flat, etc. It doesn't make it true.

Football players are still humans, very young humans. They are going to speak highly about the people they're playing with. If you are going off that alone, then JSN should be your unquestioned 1.02 behind Bijan this year. Maybe even the 1.01. Garrett Wilson and Olave have been directly asked, "is JSN the best WR out of you three?" to which G Wilson says, yes, 100% [https://youtu.be/7To_fhBAs4c about 3:45 on]

How much of that is truth, and how much is that somebody just wanting their brother to succeed and make it in the NFL? We don't know. Maybe Kittle just likes Purdy more and wants him to be the QB more than Lance? Out of nothing more than flat out personal preference.

How many times has a coach gone up there in a press conference, said something, then done exactly the opposite? Example: "[insert QB name] is the guy, we're not worried, and we're standing by him *weeks later* OK we're benching him." Example: "AJ Brown is not getting traded. *weeks later* OK, AJ Brown is getting traded."

Anyone can "say" anything. Half the time it's team psychology and market leverage. The only thing you can reliably use to predict personnel in dynasty football is team investment, contract situation (guaranteed money/dead cap,) & adds/drops (roster moves). You shouldn't be basing decisions and evaluating off what teammates, the organization and beat writers are saying.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:40 pm

No, half baked, you are missing the trend. I find anything that supports my opinion and it is gospel and you then are all knowing. I am walking away. I am asking for more maturity than MANY posters appear to display.
Last edited by murphysxm on Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:10 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:22 am
Anyone can "say" anything. Half the time it's team psychology and market leverage. The only thing you can reliably use to predict personnel in dynasty football is team investment, contract situation (guaranteed money/dead cap,) & adds/drops (roster moves). You shouldn't be basing decisions and evaluating off what teammates, the organization and beat writers are saying.
Did you read that in a FF primer written by a journslism major? You know what IS reliable? Guys who perform on the field and lead the team to Ws. That’s why a team will kick a 3 time pro bowler to the curb in favor of a 6th rounder with a sour disposition - because the 6th rounder did what the pro bowler couldn’t, win games and get them into and then win Super Bowls. That’s the guy who the coaches start and the players follow.

So between Lance and Purdy, which one in their career to date has gotten it done on the field and which one can just barely get on the field in his past two years and when he did he couldn’t even complete half of his passes?