Purdy vs Lance 2023

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which scenario do you think is most likely?

Purdy holds the job and Lance is a backup
41%
Lance regains the starting role and Purdy is a backup
33%
Lance is traded and gets a shot elsewhere
26%

Total votes: 97

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Re: Purdy vs Lance 2023

Postby dondickenson » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:10 am

SN9-7Titans wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:02 am
dondickenson wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:49 am For those few good posters that actually live in reality. More good discussion: https://youtu.be/l8gwtGR3Wz0
again... "he doesnt agree with what i have to say, he's obviously stupid"

who cares about those two tools? all they do, and you are assuming he's ready in 5 months for training camp, which as i so frustratingly tried to explain to you, HE WONT, according to past cases, multiple resources, and doctors. now stop with your self-proclaimed "good posts".
According to 49ers doctors he will be throwing in 3 months and 100% in 6 months. According to one of my closest friends who is an accomplished doc for nearly 20 years Brock will be good to go sooner likely, 3 months throwing and 6 months full recovery are very conservative. According to the literature posted here in this thread the same exact prognosis.

You are seriously detracting from this thread and this forum in general with your lying and trolling. You clearly have a dog in this fight and are biased beyond your ability to control. Give it a rest, for everyone’s sake, including your own.

SN9-7Titans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SN9-7Titans » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:19 am

dondickenson wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:10 am
dondickenson wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:49 am For those few good posters that actually live in reality. More good discussion: https://youtu.be/l8gwtGR3Wz0

who cares about those two tools? all they do, and you are assuming he's ready in 5 months for training camp, which as i so frustratingly tried to explain to you, HE WONT, according to past cases, multiple resources, and doctors. now stop with your self-proclaimed "good posts".
According to 49ers doctors he will be throwing in 3 months and 100% in 6 months. According to one of my closest friends who is an accomplished doc for nearly 20 years Brock will be good to go sooner likely, 3 months throwing and 6 months full recovery are very conservative. According to the literature posted here in this thread the same exact prognosis.

You are seriously detracting from this thread and this forum in general with your lying and trolling. You clearly have a dog in this fight and are biased beyond your ability to control. Give it a rest, for everyone’s sake, including your own.
ok then you suck at math. surgery is on 22. February. Training camp starts at the end of July. How many months are that? Now take these months, and subtract those from 6 months, which is the estimated amount that he'll be cleared for practice as so many have already said.

come on. 6 minuuuus ?
Team NoDrama - 12Team SF 1.5 TEP

QB: Hurts, Tagovailoa, Ridder, Lance, Purdy, Stroud
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Dobbins, Dillon, White, Warren
WR: Higgins, JSN, Jeudy, Aiyuk, Dotson, Amon-Ra, Shakir, Michael Thomas, Gallup, Rondale Moore
TE: Goedert, Meyer, Kincaid, Jelani Woods, Jonnu Smith, Otton, Bryant, Kolar
Picks: 3.07, 4.07
----------------------------

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:28 am

SN9-7Titans wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:19 am

ok then you suck at math. surgery is on 22. February. Training camp starts at the end of July. How many months are that? Now take these months, and subtract those from 6 months, which is the estimated amount that he'll be cleared for practice as so many have already said.

come on. 6 minuuuus ?
He is planning to be throwing in May, and building to 100% by pre season. What will he be by end of July? Fully healed and structurally intact UCL with maybe 90% arm strength? He likely won’t even play in preseason, maybe a series or two at most.

https://www.josefeichingermd.com/pdf/re ... -brace.pdf

How do you feel about this experts timeline for recovery? 4-6 months.

Also, just on a personal note. Are you drinking or on pills? Your posts read that way and I’m sorry for calling you stupid if it is in fact a problem you causing this. Serious.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:54 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:08 pm
dondickenson wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:00 pm The last two posts in this thread are delusional and lower the quality of this message board.
It's the off season and everyone has opinions on players and outcomes. No telling who is really right when it comes to SF. Last year they were handing the job by all accounts to Lance when Jimmy G was a solid option that many team members wanted.

One thing for certain is SF QB's seem to have a real hard time staying healthy.

My take is Lance and Purdy will most likely be battling hard in August to win the starting job.

It's almost like betting on the SB this year as to who actually wins.
If Purdy is healthy, it's going to be tough to not go with him, unless Lance is somehow way better than his bumpy training camp last year. The team (players) are all in on Purdy, and there were already locker room issues last off season because of the players view on Lance.

It will be interesting, but I think the job is Purdy's to lose if they go into camp healthy. A stalemate and I think Purdy is the guy, at least to start. He was just too efficient and the players want him out there. That's going to matter in the decision making process.

On a side not, what the ADP of the players are is completely irrelevant to what the 49ers do, it doesn't matter if people draft Lance higher in Fantasy, it doesn't hold any sway on the outcome of what actually happens.

We all have our opinions, but a healthy Purdy is a starting Purdy IMO, week 1, unless Lance somehow got a lot better not playing football last year.

I'm also of the opinion Lance just isn't all that good, or cut out for being an NFL QB. I don't think he's close right now. He's had 1 year, in 2019, where he threw footballs in regular game action, vs low level competition, and had the benefit of a legit NFL starting WR on his team.

It's 2023, and he's really not played nearly enough QB since HS in 2017 IMO. Since 2018, he's barely been on a field in game action. I just don't think he's going to find much success due to the lack of experience. He certainly has the weapons to make it happen, and a coach, but the issue now is, somebody stepped in a looked better at it than he did.
The If arguments are usually speculative. If he doesn't make a rapid recovery, then what?

What I do know is the 49's are not going to care what Lance did since 2017 or 2018 They drafted him on his potential Staying healthy and getting healthy is the real key for both. Jimmy G got the to a SB and they still drafted upside. Will Lance have the same trajectory as J. Hurts if he gets games under his belt? Not sure but he has obvious talent that he really hasn't had the opportunity to show over an extended period.

The reality is we do not know but one thing I have learned over the years are people heal at different rates.

If he heals fast and is 100% in camp he has a strong chance but in reality, that is a best case scenario and even then it doesn't mean he will actually play better and win the job. What we did see was a QB in Purdy that played very well when few really thought he could outside the team that drafted him.

There are a lot of unknowns at this point but the team is going to go with the player they think gives them the best opportunity and at the NFL level it will start out as an open competition.

No way they have made that decision today given the circumstances.

It will be interesting no matter what side one is on between these two players.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:35 am

Gotta love the off-season bickering. Maybe time for you guys to give it a rest until there is actual news here. You obviously don't agree... The forum is only a 'shitshow' if you make it one.

SN9-7Titans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SN9-7Titans » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:41 am

dondickenson wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:28 am
SN9-7Titans wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:19 am

come on. 6 minuuuus ?
He is planning to be throwing in May, and building to 100% by pre season. What will he be by end of July? Fully healed and structurally intact UCL with maybe 90% arm strength? He likely won’t even play in preseason, maybe a series or two at most.

https://www.josefeichingermd.com/pdf/re ... -brace.pdf

How do you feel about this experts timeline for recovery? 4-6 months.

Also, just on a personal note. Are you drinking or on pills? Your posts read that way and I’m sorry for calling you stupid if it is in fact a problem you causing this. Serious.
now you start only reading what you want to hear and just pull things out of context:

(...) depending on factors such as injury severity,
patient sport/activity/age and type of repair.

Idc how often you want to personally attack me here. You a) suck at math, and now evidently b) suck at reading. You can shout at your screen all you want, the chance that he'll be ready for camp is close to none, and if they rush him, then kiss his career goodbye.

"Fully healed and structurally intact UCL with maybe 90% arm strength? He likely won’t even play in preseason, maybe a series or two at most.] "

nonono, dont pull back now. You claimed he'll be ready for camp, and start. Dont come here now with some BS 90% arm strength. You claim 100% readiness. It's clear who's on drugs here lmaooo. You are contradicting yourself in every comment you continue to post here. What a shitshow. You must be 15 yo kid.
Team NoDrama - 12Team SF 1.5 TEP

QB: Hurts, Tagovailoa, Ridder, Lance, Purdy, Stroud
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Dobbins, Dillon, White, Warren
WR: Higgins, JSN, Jeudy, Aiyuk, Dotson, Amon-Ra, Shakir, Michael Thomas, Gallup, Rondale Moore
TE: Goedert, Meyer, Kincaid, Jelani Woods, Jonnu Smith, Otton, Bryant, Kolar
Picks: 3.07, 4.07
----------------------------

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:42 am

Ice wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:29 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:54 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:08 pm

It's the off season and everyone has opinions on players and outcomes. No telling who is really right when it comes to SF. Last year they were handing the job by all accounts to Lance when Jimmy G was a solid option that many team members wanted.

One thing for certain is SF QB's seem to have a real hard time staying healthy.

My take is Lance and Purdy will most likely be battling hard in August to win the starting job.

It's almost like betting on the SB this year as to who actually wins.
If Purdy is healthy, it's going to be tough to not go with him, unless Lance is somehow way better than his bumpy training camp last year. The team (players) are all in on Purdy, and there were already locker room issues last off season because of the players view on Lance.

It will be interesting, but I think the job is Purdy's to lose if they go into camp healthy. A stalemate and I think Purdy is the guy, at least to start. He was just too efficient and the players want him out there. That's going to matter in the decision making process.

On a side not, what the ADP of the players are is completely irrelevant to what the 49ers do, it doesn't matter if people draft Lance higher in Fantasy, it doesn't hold any sway on the outcome of what actually happens.

We all have our opinions, but a healthy Purdy is a starting Purdy IMO, week 1, unless Lance somehow got a lot better not playing football last year.

I'm also of the opinion Lance just isn't all that good, or cut out for being an NFL QB. I don't think he's close right now. He's had 1 year, in 2019, where he threw footballs in regular game action, vs low level competition, and had the benefit of a legit NFL starting WR on his team.

It's 2023, and he's really not played nearly enough QB since HS in 2017 IMO. Since 2018, he's barely been on a field in game action. I just don't think he's going to find much success due to the lack of experience. He certainly has the weapons to make it happen, and a coach, but the issue now is, somebody stepped in a looked better at it than he did.
The If arguments are usually speculative. If he doesn't make a rapid recovery, then what?

What I do know is the 49's are not going to care what Lance did since 2017 or 2018 They drafted him on his potential Staying healthy and getting healthy is the real key for both. Jimmy G got the to a SB and they still drafted upside. Will Lance have the same trajectory as J. Hurts if he gets games under his belt? Not sure but he has obvious talent that he really hasn't had the opportunity to show over an extended period.

The reality is we do not know but one thing I have learned over the years are people heal at different rates.

If he heals fast and is 100% in camp he has a strong chance but in reality, that is a best case scenario and even then it doesn't mean he will actually play better and win the job. What we did see was a QB in Purdy that played very well when few really thought he could outside the team that drafted him.

There are a lot of unknowns at this point but the team is going to go with the player they think gives them the best opportunity and at the NFL level it will start out as an open competition.

No way they have made that decision today given the circumstances.

It will be interesting no matter what side one is on between these two players.
Of course anything could happen, but there actually is a lot of evidence that they have chosen Purdy as their starter, and things have to go wrong for that to change. Multiple beat writers have come out and said as much. Mike Silver being the most well known, who says that two sources inside the 49ers org have explicitly told him that Purdy is the starter in SF going forward.

There isn’t any evidence other than 100% pure speculation that Lance will be the starter or be in a legit QB competition to become the starter. Essentially where we are at is that it is overwhelmingly likely that Purdy is the QB1 in SF at this point, and it is likely, as of now, that he comes back from injury by beginning of season to assume his job. And if he doesn’t then he will assume the QB1 role when he does return. A whole lot of unlikely things have to go “right” for Lance to pan out and become the QB1 in SF going forward.

Again it’s a good problem for us SF fans to have, but being objective and realistic in a dynasty context it is a terrible idea to bet on Lance right now. Odds of everything panning out for him are low.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:45 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:35 am Gotta love the off-season bickering. Maybe time for you guys to give it a rest until there is actual news here. You obviously don't agree... The forum is only a 'shitshow' if you make it one.
Im consistently posting news, stats, quotes, backed by sources. I share good info. Do not lump me i with the bleep stirrers and drunks posting here trying to bring this forum down around them.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:13 am

dondickenson wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:45 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:35 am Gotta love the off-season bickering. Maybe time for you guys to give it a rest until there is actual news here. You obviously don't agree... The forum is only a 'shitshow' if you make it one.
Im consistently posting news, stats, quotes, backed by sources. I share good info. Do not lump me i with the bleep stirrers and drunks posting here trying to bring this forum down around them.
And by “sources”, of course, you are referring to two guys on YouTube that anyone with a SmartPhone and working phalanges has access to, correct?

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:24 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:13 am
And by “sources”, of course, you are referring to two guys on YouTube that anyone with a SmartPhone and working phalanges has access to, correct?
Posted that because it was good discussion. No I’m talking about sources like Silver, Maiocco, Shanahan, Lynch, a dozen former and current players, doctors. And links to sources and background info on prognosis, timeline, etc. Statistical comparisons. I am also one of the several die hard 49ers fans on this forum who have echoed the same things as all of the sources I have listed above, based on watching every snap of every game and knowing what I know about the org and FO and HC. What I started with early on in this thread was insight as to what the Niners are likely to do: start Purdy and keep Lance. Since then I have done nothing but back it up with sourced info.

What have you added? What is the point of your post?

olmansmith
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby olmansmith » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:39 am

LOL dondickerson went OFF. You actually make some good points, you just throw in way too many tirades that detract from anything you're trying to say related to fantasy which just makes everyone want to discount your posts. Take the unnecessary anger out of it (or if you're not angry, try to rephrase your attacks a bit) and you're way more readable.

The best part about this thread is the general agreement that:
1. A fully healthy Purdy has now done enough to start over a fully healthy Lance
2. Nobody knows exactly when Purdy or Lance will be fully healthy
And then every single post since is basically debating point 2.

The majority case scenario probably has:
1. Lance taking 100% of the snaps with the 1s in OTAs
2. Lance and Purdy splitting snaps at Training Camp. The exact split depends on where Purdy is with rehab.
The assumption at that point is :
1. if Purdy is cleared for game action and had decent participation at Training Camp, he starts week 1
2. if not, Lance gets his shot to start the year and give Purdy more time to be fully back (he doesn't need 1-2 games at the start of the year to be ready come playoff time). If he struggles at all or doesn't make this offense look like Purdy did, Purdy gets his job back as soon as he's fully back

I feel like the vast majority of the posters here would agree with the general sentiment of what's written above, maybe just jiggering the language slightly back and forth by a week or two. This post probably adds nothing of value, just hopefully shares a concise view of what we expect until more information develops.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:56 am

There are some here - I’m guessing Lance owners - who simply can’t believe that the guy could be a bust. We’re talking about a guy who has played in barely over 20 games in the past 5 years.

He averaged just beyond 152 ypg passing in college in a lower division and looked bad doing it.

He has played a few downs over 1 game in 2 years in the NFL and couldn’t complete 50% of his passes.

He just is not a good passer in a position where his primary responsibility is to distribute the ball to his playmakers. He hasn’t been a good passer for those past 5 years. NFL teams make mistakes with highly drafted QBs - Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell and Baker Mayfield come immediately to mind. There’s a good chance Lance is the next name on the list. Thankfully for SF that they threw a dart on the last pick of the draft this past season and may have hit on Purdy. He’s already well beyond anything Lance has shown over half a decade throwing the football.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:57 am

olmansmith wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:39 am LOL dondickerson went OFF. You actually make some good points, you just throw in way too many tirades that detract from anything you're trying to say related to fantasy which just makes everyone want to discount your posts. Take the unnecessary anger out of it (or if you're not angry, try to rephrase your attacks a bit) and you're way more readable.

The best part about this thread is the general agreement that:
1. A fully healthy Purdy has now done enough to start over a fully healthy Lance
2. Nobody knows exactly when Purdy or Lance will be fully healthy
And then every single post since is basically debating point 2.

The majority case scenario probably has:
1. Lance taking 100% of the snaps with the 1s in OTAs
2. Lance and Purdy splitting snaps at Training Camp. The exact split depends on where Purdy is with rehab.
The assumption at that point is :
1. if Purdy is cleared for game action and had decent participation at Training Camp, he starts week 1
2. if not, Lance gets his shot to start the year and give Purdy more time to be fully back (he doesn't need 1-2 games at the start of the year to be ready come playoff time). If he struggles at all or doesn't make this offense look like Purdy did, Purdy gets his job back as soon as he's fully back

I feel like the vast majority of the posters here would agree with the general sentiment of what's written above, maybe just jiggering the language slightly back and forth by a week or two. This post probably adds nothing of value, just hopefully shares a concise view of what we expect until more information develops.
That’s fair. Thank you for the honest, intelligent critique followed by good post.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:38 am

Like when you had a wicked witch of the west melt down about how the entire NFL is rigged? Or how you were personally attacking everyone who disagreed with your take on the Jamar Chase catch (kinda like you are doing now in this thread). For how much you piss and moan about how the NFL rigged, and even more so, how these boards are terrible and "have gone totally down hill" (in what the 18 months you've been a part of them lol?) maybe you should just follow through on quitting fantasy football and/or not using these boards. You're pretty fn unbearable IMO. Just an unbiased, not involved in any of this thread take. Now go ahead and discount me too. God forbid you for one damn second look in the mirror and see a finger pointed back at you, right? No way in hell you could overreacting even in the slightest, despite getting that feedback multiple times in multiple threads from multiple posters. They must all be on drugs or pills right? Not even a 1% chance you could be doing anything differently to make the situation not suck so bad that this thread had to get tagged in popcorn?

You. Not only you. But right now yes you, people like you, people when they act and post like you currently are.... you are who makes this board trash sometimes.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 am

And do mods exist around here anymore? Maybe if he was muted/given a few days break and talked to privately by mods when I flagged his crazy melt down during the Bengals game he would have learned something. Instead, we have this, now, again. And the natives trying to police themselves when no one really has any power to do so. Football Guys forum becomes more and more my go to anymore... at least it's actively moderated to put a halt to this crap.