2023 Week 2

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 2023 Week 2

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:48 pm

Najee is not very good but that line can’t push anyone for three years now.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:50 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:48 pm Dear Steelers,

Najee sucks. Give the ball to Warren.
I was about to post something similar. This guy shouldn't have been a first round pick in 1995, let alone in the 2020's.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:57 pm

I know it's early, but Bryce Young not only does not look like a first overall pick, let alone a guy you trade anywhere close to that capital to get there for. For a guy who's supposed to be a fast processor, he's really not seeing the field well. He doesn't have anything I can see that would set him apart in the NFL climate, at the QB position. Long way to go, but he looks lost.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:03 pm

Meanwhile stroud is poised and getting the ball to his playmakers and Richardson is looking like a future star.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:04 pm

Did anyone else really need that Olave TD?

UGH. :lol:
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:04 pm Did anyone else really need that Olave TD?

Yep :wall:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:06 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:06 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:04 pm Did anyone else really need that Olave TD?

Yep :wall:
He just seems a little too casual sometimes.
Janiel Dones Truther

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:11 pm

Down 172.95 to 171.80 at the half. But I only have the Pitt DEF (15.00) and Austin III (2.0). LOL. Do I win?
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:25 pm

Najee is losing his job tonight.
Janiel Dones Truther

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:57 pm I know it's early, but Bryce Young not only does not look like a first overall pick, let alone a guy you trade anywhere close to that capital to get there for. For a guy who's supposed to be a fast processor, he's really not seeing the field well. He doesn't have anything I can see that would set him apart in the NFL climate, at the QB position. Long way to go, but he looks lost.
So, in short he looks like a rookie QB lol

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:32 pm

I need to see Bryce with more (any) weapons. I think he's still going to be alright

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:25 pm Najee is losing his job tonight.
Team #NeverNajee
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:17 am
Najee Harris
Quick feet with nice jump cut. Runs with less power than you’d expect for a player of his size and stature. Gets stood up in too many situations. Good balance and ability to shed some tackles though. Ability to wrestle defenders off of him, but how much of that is because he was older/bigger than everyone else. Excellent receiver. Decent build up speed but initial burst just isn’t there. Many situations where he probably could have bounced it outside but decided not to because he knew he didn’t have the juice to round the corner. Not asked to pass block much that I could see but appeared adequate in that area. Good spin move. Navigates traffic well in tight spaces, sometimes to detriment though (won’t just lower head and fall forward 3 yards).

Comp
Slow David Johnson
Slow Matt Forte

Watching Najee’s film made me depressed. Not because I think he’s bad. He’s got the size, he looks the part (those thick thighs), he’s clearly very experienced and talented. BUT he just flat out lacks that initial burst which I believe will prevent him from ever becoming a superstar. His long-speed is ok, once he takes a few steps he can accelerate, but his initial start quickness or stop-start quickness is not ideal. I know not everyone feels this way, but he’s a classic “gets what’s blocked” RB to me. Yes, he can make some plays, but that’s not really his game. His game is to be big, be versatile, get what’s blocked, be available. He goes to the perfect situation with the Steelers imo. He can be the versatile 3down back, he’ll put up fantasy points because he’s a good receiver and he’ll be the goal-line back, and if he’s not efficient everyone will just blame the crappy o-line or the aging big-ben. If you don’t like what you see after a year, you’ll most likely still have a chance to exit out of Najee for roughly what you paid. In the end, I don’t hate Najee, I think he’ll be fine because of all the things he brings to the table. I just think he’ll be more of a Melvin Gordon stat compiler than a true stud/superstar. His age doesn’t help either. He needs to stay healthy and produce year one if he’s to retain his value. He can’t pull a Cam Akers and miss half the season and go up in value, I don’t think that will be possible at his age. Another thing I mentioned was a surprising lack of power. At his size with his skills, its sort of unbelievable how many times I saw him stoned the moment he contacted a defender. I think he falls into the same trap as Etienne in which they both think they can keep extending plays when sometimes you just gotta bowl a guy over when it’s 2nd and 1 or at the goal line. Najee was able to wrestle guys off him in college but I'm not sure he'll be able to do it at the same rate in the NFL. It’s also worth mentioning that Najee didn’t do any athletic testing so it’s hard to tell which tier he would have made it in, if any.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:42 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:31 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:57 pm I know it's early, but Bryce Young not only does not look like a first overall pick, let alone a guy you trade anywhere close to that capital to get there for. For a guy who's supposed to be a fast processor, he's really not seeing the field well. He doesn't have anything I can see that would set him apart in the NFL climate, at the QB position. Long way to go, but he looks lost.
Yes and no. In theory he should look like the most polished rookie but he looks the most rough. I think that is where the worry is.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:50 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:42 pm
Yes and no. In theory he should look like the most polished rookie but he looks the most rough. I think that is where the worry is.
Just for reference, here are the first two games of a recent 1st round rookie QB, who everyone would love to have in a startup right about now.

48% completion, 5 Y/A, 5 interceptions, 53.6 passer rating.

I don't think being the most polished QB necessarily means you're going to come out and put up big numbers or look sharper than everyone else. There's a really steep learning curve to all of this regardless of pro ready you are.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:55 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:42 pm
Yeah, but Giles, I know you were big on him, and tons of time, but he's not looking nearly as comfortable as you'd like for a guy who was supposed to be a fast processor. He looks very confused most times, and again, it's so early, but I still think they massively overpaid. We won't know for a while, it's way too early, but there's a lot to be concerned about, including how often he's allowing himself to get hit, with that build.

I mean, let's stay consistent. 3 games of Shedeur Sanders, top 5 pick.....2 really bad games of Bryce....he's just a rookie.... :lol:

I kid, but small sample size I have given on both my arguments. Bryce does have plenty of time, but Shedeur being top 5 after 3 games is either pre-mature, or else Bryce is an overpay. :lol:
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther