DGB or Coleman?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DGB or Coleman?

Postby theone » Mon May 18, 2015 12:25 pm

AresGodOWar wrote:
theone wrote:
AresGodOWar wrote:Maybe its me but I don't see anything that special from DGB he isn't that fast , Don't know where he is going on the field and hasn't played in over a year , Has crazy off field issues ... I like D.Waller as much as him both 6'6 230ish lbs. , Waller has good hands just didn't get the chance in college like D.T he was on the same rush offence ...

WRs are a dime a dozen but there aren't many 3 down backs in the NFL anymore ..
When I watched his games I saw DGB able to dominate his opponents, particularly in the end zone. I understand he has off the field issues, but apparently I just saw a lot more on the field talent than you did. It happens. Won't be the first person to disagree with me and I am wrong a lot. I also am generally looking for the player who can give me elite production rather than a guy who just gives good numbers. If he duds out it doesn't bother me. I also like Waller and was somewhat disappointed I missed out on him in some drafts. Kind of hard to evaluate in the GT offense due to limited situations. Good situation for him in Baltimore. I do agree if you can get 3 down backs they are great. As said above, I like Coleman but don't see him as a 3 down back. Not due to his skill, but to the way ATL generally runs their offense and use multiple backs. I would be really surprised if Freeman is not the third down back.
Here is that Auburn game watch the drops he doesn't look that good 1 of his TDs shouldn't have counted it came lose when he hit the ground and the other he was wide open .. I really don't know how he will be in the NFL but he isn't a Moss or C.J he isn't as fast he only runs a 4.50 thats ok but not break away speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei7USo7lq8Q
I think tape shows some of his good and bad traits. Ability to high point ball and box out defenders. Good not great speed and quickness which gives ability to run all routes including underneath routes (he won't be doing much of that at the next level) and have adequate separation for a man of his size. Suspect hands at times. Does not play to size all the time. Horrendous run blocker (did you see how little effort he gave on some of those?). Agreed he is not Moss or CJ but I see the ability to be someone comparable to Brandon Marshall. As with all picks, the likelihood is that does not happen but I will take that potential upside.
Team 1 - 12 Team, 25 Players + 5 TS, 2 IR, PPR, 4TD Passing
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, Year1
QB - A.Smith, RG3, Sanchez, Daniel, Hundley, Grayson, Hack, Brissett
RB - Miller, Zeke, L. Murray, Alf, Ellington, Blue, D.Washington, K. Robinson
WR - OBJ, Tate, Hurns, DJax, DGB, Coleman
TE - Thomas, Tye, Henry

Team 2 - 16 Team, 24 Players + 4 TS, 2 IR, PPR, TE 1.5 PPR, 5TD Passing
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, Year2 2015 Champion
QB - Dalton, Cutler
RB - Hill, B.Powell, K.Robinson, Ellington, T.Cadet, Oliver, Ervin
WR - Dez, B. Marshall, Snead, DGB, DHB, P.Richardson, Givens, Boyd, Peake, R. Louis
TE - Gronk, J. Reed, Barnidge, Heuerman, N.Paul,

Team 3 - 12 Team, 24 Players, RSO Salary Cap League, 2 IR, PPR, 6TD Passing
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, Year2 2015 Champion
QB - Wentz
RB - Hill, D.Johnson, Ivory, D.Robinson
WR - Alshon, Maclin, Decker, J.Matthews, Tate, B.Miller
TE - Eifert, J. Reed

tmacdaman1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tmacdaman1 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:42 pm

Not sure how you feel about Perriman, but I will be jumping to draft him at 1.06 in my draft. If you are set on one of DGB/Coleman, it would be hard not to go for the upside of DGB, especially after coming away with the safest pick in Cooper.

gunth282
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gunth282 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:08 pm

I like Perriman better than DGB I see a lot of Julio in him. Great situation. I pick at 1.06 and it's between Perriman Yeldon or Abdullah.
Jumping the Gunth (.5 ppc)(1 ppr)
QB- J. Cutlerl, T. Taylor, C. Palmer TS- M. Mariota
RB- A. Abdullah, R. Hillman, CJ Spiller, D. Woodhead, R. Williams, D. Freeman TS- C. Thompson, T. Coleman, T. Ward, Duke Johnson, A. Harris
WR- T. Ginn, K. Aiken, J. Brown, A. Robinson, D. Moncrief, T. Austin TS- B. Perriman, D. Parker, C. Conley, S. Coates, R. Grant, J. Hardy
TE- T. Eifert, D. Walker, J. Reed

Team Mode - 6-1

Picks - None

El Nino (1 ppr)
QB- A. Dalton, J. McCown, M. Mariota TS- G. Grayson,
RB- T. Gurley, M. Gordon, G. Bernard, T. Riddick TS- Da. Williams, C. Thompson, T. Ward, A. Harris
WR- A. Cooper, B. Cooks, Michael Floyd, A. Robinson, T. Ginn TS- J. Strong, P. Dorsett, D. Green-Beckham, J. Hardy, G. Davis, R. Grant
TE- K. Rudolph, L. Donnell TS - J. Heuerman

Team Mode - 3-4