Startup draft feedback

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
haydn239
Captain
Captain

Startup draft feedback

Postby haydn239 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Would appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks!

I'm in a 12 team PPR startup, 1QB 2-3RB 2-4WR 1-3TE 1Def starters. QB tds 4pts.

CJ2K 1.02
S. Smith (NYG) 2.11
J. Charles 3.02
Sims-Walker. 4.11
Flacco 6.09
Hardesty 6.11
K. Winslow 7.02
B. Edwards 8.09
C. Palmer 8.11
K. Smith 9.02
A. Bryant 10.11
S. Slaton 11.02
T. Jones 12.04
Min Def @ 14
notables below: Colt McCoy, Shipley, Fendi O. and Shockey

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun May 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Good job trading down and taking Flacco as your QB..... I like your RBs if Hardesty becomes the starter at some point - and if either Kevin Smith or Slaton somehow are in the mix on their teams and perform... Bryant is good value where you got him - you'll need him to produce, unless/until Braylon Edwards becomes startable again.... not a horrible team - if a couple things go your way, you'll be a contender....

-oo-

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Startup draft feedback

Postby Orca » Sun May 23, 2010 4:07 pm

haydn239 wrote:Would appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks!

I'm in a 12 team PPR startup, 1QB 2-3RB 2-4WR 1-3TE 1Def starters. QB tds 4pts.

CJ2K 1.02
S. Smith (NYG) 2.11
J. Charles 3.02
Sims-Walker. 4.11
Flacco 6.09
Hardesty 6.11
K. Winslow 7.02
B. Edwards 8.09
C. Palmer 8.11
K. Smith 9.02
A. Bryant 10.11
S. Slaton 11.02
T. Jones 12.04
Min Def @ 14
notables below: Colt McCoy, Shipley, Fendi O. and Shockey

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Well done sir....well done. Your "notables" section makes the whole thing.

Seriously though. Other than snagging Fendi, it looks real pretty good to me. You need MSW to stay healthy and if K. Smith somehow makes himself relevant again, that will help.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sun May 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Looks like a solid draft, not some of my favorite players as I am not as high on Charles or Sims-Walker as most are, but if things go their way, you will contend.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun May 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Some good value there, and some picks that I wouldn't have made (of course my opinion is probably different than lots of others).

Charles in the 3rd was great value!

So was Flacco in the 6th.

Was there a large run of WRs early? Personally, I would've taken Crabtree, Dez, or Nicks before taking Steve Smith. Were they all gone? Smith was a PPR beast last year, but I kinda think that Nicks is going to eat into that, as Smith's best production last year was when Nicks was injured at the beginning of the season. I do have Smith on 1 dynasty team & Nicks on another, and I like them both.

In my recent startup draft, I passed on Sims-Walker in the 4th round, taking Vernon Davis instead. When the draft got back to me at the 5.12/6.1 wraparound, MSW was still there waiting for me. I passed & took Pierre T & Randy Moss instead. MSW went the very next pick, but the guy who grabbed him texted me saying he was so hoping to get Moss & would definitely trade me if I was interested.

I'm not too much of a Winslow fan.

I like Hardesty. I got him at 8.1, but I think I got a bargain.

Not a big fan of Kevin Smith. Drafted him last year in the 5th round of a startup draft & got burned! He went in the 12th round in our recent startup draft.

I got Thomas Jones in the 16th round, might've been a bargain too Since you have Charles, TJones makes a nice handcuff.

But yeah, you're nice & solid with CJ & Charles, that's a good combo.

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:37 pm

jordanzs wrote:Some good value there, and some picks that I wouldn't have made (of course my opinion is probably different than lots of others).

Charles in the 3rd was great value!

So was Flacco in the 6th.

Was there a large run of WRs early? Personally, I would've taken Crabtree, Dez, or Nicks before taking Steve Smith. Were they all gone? Smith was a PPR beast last year, but I kinda think that Nicks is going to eat into that, as Smith's best production last year was when Nicks was injured at the beginning of the season. I do have Smith on 1 dynasty team & Nicks on another, and I like them both.

In my recent startup draft, I passed on Sims-Walker in the 4th round, taking Vernon Davis instead. When the draft got back to me at the 5.12/6.1 wraparound, MSW was still there waiting for me. I passed & took Pierre T & Randy Moss instead. MSW went the very next pick, but the guy who grabbed him texted me saying he was so hoping to get Moss & would definitely trade me if I was interested.

I'm not too much of a Winslow fan.

I like Hardesty. I got him at 8.1, but I think I got a bargain.

Not a big fan of Kevin Smith. Drafted him last year in the 5th round of a startup draft & got burned! He went in the 12th round in our recent startup draft.

I got Thomas Jones in the 16th round, might've been a bargain too Since you have Charles, TJones makes a nice handcuff.

But yeah, you're nice & solid with CJ & Charles, that's a good combo.
Yeah Crabtree and Dez were both taken in the early to mid 2's. I'm not a winslow fan either but i waited for my TE thinking that the fantasy points are fairly negligible over the season. The only thing that worries me about winslow is his injury h/x but he does have a ton of talent where right now he is the best WR/TE. Thanks for all the feedback!!