Trade offer that makes you say...hmmmm

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Warhawks
Starter
Starter

Trade offer that makes you say...hmmmm

Postby Warhawks » Fri May 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Ok team and starting requirements in my signature. I have been offered Shaub and DeAngelo for Bradford, Moreno and Calvin. For me this comes down to Calvin and Bradford for Shaub. Beings this is a 2QB league, possibly 3, this offer caught my interest. I know I am losing big time at WR and RB is kinda even imo but I am getting a huge upgrade at QB. Is my loss at WR a deal breaker? I have gone back and forth on this offer all day and right now I have to admit I am leaning towards accepting but just don't know. What do all you experts here think?

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 pm

I'd stay with your trio. I don't think Schaub and DWill are that much on top of what you currently have. Not enough to put your team into the championship this season but your current core is going to be great in a couple seasons.
Michigan Maulers
QB: Brady, Bradford, Henne, Gabbert, Hill, Edwards
RB: McCoy, Turner, Ingram, Spiller, R. Jennings, Tolbert, Lewis, McGahee, Buckhalter, J. Harrison
WR: Fitzgerald, G. Jennings, V-Jax, Crabtree, Holmes, McCluster, K. Walter
TE: V. Davis, Dreessen, Bennett
K: Akers, Barth
DL: T. Kelly, Ngata, A. Brown, D. Edwards, E. Brown, Avril
LB: Lofton, Cushing, V. Miller, Orakpo, Angerer, Wimbley, Witherspoon
DB: L. Landry, Rhodes, Byrd, T. Williams, Finnegan, Meriweather, J. Smith

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Trade offer that makes you say...hmmmm

Postby Orca » Fri May 21, 2010 3:42 pm

Sweetness34 wrote:Ok team and starting requirements in my signature. I have been offered Shaub and DeAngelo for Bradford, Moreno and Calvin. For me this comes down to Calvin and Bradford for Shaub. Beings this is a 2QB league, possibly 3, this offer caught my interest. I know I am losing big time at WR and RB is kinda even imo but I am getting a huge upgrade at QB. Is my loss at WR a deal breaker? I have gone back and forth on this offer all day and right now I have to admit I am leaning towards accepting but just don't know. What do all you experts here think?
I really don't think your QB situation is all that bad in a 2 QB league. Stafford showed some guts last year and flashes of skill. They upgraded the skill positions all around him and he should improve. You also have Whitehearst who could be starting by the end of the year and you have Bradford developing on the back end.

I don't think you should break up that nice WR core you have.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri May 21, 2010 3:54 pm

I would pass. I don't think you are getting enough in return for Calvin even though it's a start 2 QB league...

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Fri May 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Same as the others, pass!

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Fri May 21, 2010 4:16 pm

I would pass also. I don't see how you're gaining much. Your QB situation isn't bad and you do have a good solid core of other offensive weapons for years to come.

Warhawks
Starter
Starter

Postby Warhawks » Fri May 21, 2010 4:21 pm

One hour I would think as you guys do and the next think that this trade would help me. I think Stafford is going to end up a top 5 QB at some point and I believe Bradford will be an Eli Manning type QB. I just kept seeing Shaub in my starting lineup and it peeked my interest cause I view Moreno and Williams about that same.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Fri May 21, 2010 5:03 pm

No chance I would accept that one. Calvin is worth much more. And I like your QB situation...atleast its something you can work with.. and according to our gb Vince, Alex Smith will be more than just a valuable QB2 this year..
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri May 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Sweetness34 wrote:One hour I would think as you guys do and the next think that this trade would help me. I think Stafford is going to end up a top 5 QB at some point and I believe Bradford will be an Eli Manning type QB. I just kept seeing Shaub in my starting lineup and it peeked my interest cause I view Moreno and Williams about that same.
Calvin is NOT a throw-in player. If you like the QB upgrade that much, the best I would do is substitute Royal or/and TO.

-oo-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri May 21, 2010 8:31 pm

You would be getting a solid upgrade at QB and a pretty good one at RB as well. However, you don't have the WR depth to make this deal. You don't want to be stuck having to ever put Royal or TO in your lineup.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri May 21, 2010 11:58 pm

I would pass.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Sat May 22, 2010 4:24 pm

in a 10 team league, i would guess that your team is fairly weak. i would not trade away youth unless i got major benefit out of it. i doubt the trade would make your team substantially better.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

princevincexoxo

Re: Trade offer that makes you say...hmmmm

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat May 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Sweetness34 wrote:Ok team and starting requirements in my signature. I have been offered Shaub and DeAngelo for Bradford, Moreno and Calvin. For me this comes down to Calvin and Bradford for Shaub. Beings this is a 2QB league, possibly 3, this offer caught my interest. I know I am losing big time at WR and RB is kinda even imo but I am getting a huge upgrade at QB. Is my loss at WR a deal breaker? I have gone back and forth on this offer all day and right now I have to admit I am leaning towards accepting but just don't know. What do all you experts here think?

Not worth it. Pass.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:16 pm

The writing is on the wall from all of us. Pass on this trade like a kidney stone my man!