Help with 2.1

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
nzkoston
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Help with 2.1

Postby nzkoston » Tue May 18, 2010 4:59 pm

This is basically how i think our first round will go in our DL rookie draft.

1. Matthews
2. Bryant
3. Spiller
4. Best
5. B Tate
6. D Thomas
7. Hardesty
8. Benn
9. McLain
10. Bradford

I have the 1.1 and 1.2 and then 2.1 in our 10 team draft. Im quite keen to take Dwyer at 2.1 but have needs at LB also. My RBs are screwed with ronnie and smith going down and being unsure. Well, im sure im throwing Smith in the trash at least. im wondering if i can have Farrior baby sit for Cushing till he comes back or if i should try get a new on with 2.1.

im thinking of maybe trading Ronnie Brown and having Moreno, Mathews and Dwyer to grow into my RBs for the future. I do also need a DE but am hoping to fill that with my 3.2 or FA after the draft.
10 Team league, Custom scoring.
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 6 bench spots, 1 IR spot

QB - Brady, Stafford, Luck
RB - Spiller, Moreno JStewart, Mathews
WR - Vincent Jackson, Nicks, Maclin, Wayne
TE - ?
DT - ?
DE - Dumervil, Cameron Jordan
LB - ?
CB - Winfield
S - ?
D/ST - Lions

ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ccteam » Tue May 18, 2010 5:04 pm

I don't know if expecting Dwyer to grow into much of anything is a good thing to do. I might recommend trying to try up from the 2.1 to the 1.7 to get Hardesty if you want to add a 2nd RB in this draft.
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Tue May 18, 2010 5:16 pm

ccteam wrote:I don't know if expecting Dwyer to grow into much of anything is a good thing to do. I might recommend trying to try up from the 2.1 to the 1.7 to get Hardesty if you want to add a 2nd RB in this draft.
x2

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue May 18, 2010 6:13 pm

I would either try and trade up for a shot at a better RB prospect or trade down and take a LB.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Tue May 18, 2010 7:08 pm

there is no LB worth taking at the 2.01. I'd wait until later in the draft, or you should have someone available on free agency later in a ten team league.

Also, I like the idea of taking Dwyer - he was a top 5 pick on many people's lists pre-NFL draft... we may not like the situation, but that can be fluid...

-oo-

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue May 18, 2010 7:44 pm

If you can trade up, go for it. If not though, take Dwyer at 2.01 and be happy with it. I don't think it is that much of a reach and you get the guy you want.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue May 18, 2010 8:33 pm

I would (without hesitation) take Golden Tate, and then try to trade him for another RB if that's what you need. Take the best player, much like The Chargers did when they grabbed Eli & then traded him away for Rivers + draft picks.

Or take Tate, and let him replace Aromas in your roster, and then trade Aromashadu to someone. Aromas or Golden is worth more than Dwyer!

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Tue May 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Tate, McCluster or Gerhart are other options to consider. I think McCluster will have a real nice opportunity in the ATH/slot receiver role. KC is starving for talented athletes. Tate should also have a "Golden" opportunity (sorry couldn't help that) considering his situation in Seattle. Gerhart and Dwyer are facing uphill battles for touches with stud incumbents but both could see 5-10 touches per game and possibly steal some goal line carries.

Or if you want LB trade down and target Daryl Washington, who should be a day 1 starter in the middle of a revamped Cards D.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 19, 2010 8:19 am

rkrazy wrote:Tate, McCluster or Gerhart are other options to consider. I think McCluster will have a real nice opportunity in the ATH/slot receiver role. KC is starving for talented athletes. Tate should also have a "Golden" opportunity (sorry couldn't help that) considering his situation in Seattle. Gerhart and Dwyer are facing uphill battles for touches with stud incumbents but both could see 5-10 touches per game and possibly steal some goal line carries.

Or if you want LB trade down and target Daryl Washington, who should be a day 1 starter in the middle of a revamped Cards D.
That's definately a LB to target. I got him with the 2.4 in the Charter.

remy420
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby remy420 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:15 pm

I would go Matthews and Best or Matthews and Spiller and pick up a wr like golden tate in the second round.
MC Dynasty League
The Highlanders
Champions 2006
12 teams, 30-man rosters
1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR), 1TE, 1K, 1Def, 1DL, 1LB, 1CB, 1S
QB:Newton, Rivers, Tua
RB:Gordon, Lindsey, Hunt, Kerryon, Mattison, Dobbins, Love
WR:A.J. Green, Julio, Diggs, Kupp, Hardman, P. Williams
TE:Hooper, Smith
K:Gould, Gonzalez
Def:Car, Chi
DL:Watt, N Bosa
LB:Ch. Jones, Roquan
DB:King, Carrie
S:Mathieu, Edmunds

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:00 am

take Mathews and spiller or best. With 2.1, trade down and draft Washington like Mark said. Or just take mcclain if hes still there