Accepted a trade offer......

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Accepted a trade offer......

Postby yumbo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:29 am

Hi Guys. I finaly traded Moreno in a huge deal in on of my leagues that Ive been posting about. 12 team 0.5 pts/Rec. I was 11-2 last year. Lost in the playoffs. Here's the deal:

I Give: Eli Manninig, Favre, Moreno, Welker and E Royal

I get: T Romo, C Palmer, R Grant, Santana Moss and the 1.10 pick.

MY QB's now are: Roethlisberger, Romo, Palmer and J Freeman
My RB's now are: AP, S-Jax, B Wells, R Grant
My WR's now are: Bowe, Harvin, Maclin, S Moss. ( I know a little weak)

The reason that I finaly pulled the trigger on a deal is that I was worried about Ben being suspended for any amount of time. So getting Romo was a nice addition, getting Palmer was a surprise. Losing Welker is tough, but I don't think (at least I hope) he will be "Welker" untill 2011. I think Moss should be upgraded with the addition of McNabb. I get Grant to replace Moreno. He wil score TD's and not catch the ball as much as Moreno, but at 0.5 pts/REC, I think that's an upgrade. Plus I get a first rd pick that I didn't have. I can maybe get a WR or maybe Bradford if he falls to me.

Thoughts??? I'm probably going to be spanked... but I might as well be spanked by the best! :wink: :lol:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Accepted a trade offer......

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:16 am

yumbo wrote:Hi Guys. I finaly traded Moreno in a huge deal in on of my leagues that Ive been posting about. 12 team 0.5 pts/Rec. I was 11-2 last year. Lost in the playoffs. Here's the deal:

The reason that I finaly pulled the trigger on a deal is that I was worried about Ben being suspended for any amount of time. So getting Romo was a nice addition, getting Palmer was a surprise. Losing Welker is tough, but I don't think (at least I hope) he will be "Welker" untill 2011. I think Moss should be upgraded with the addition of McNabb. I get Grant to replace Moreno. He wil score TD's and not catch the ball as much as Moreno, but at 0.5 pts/REC, I think that's an upgrade. Plus I get a first rd pick that I didn't have. I can maybe get a WR or maybe Bradford if he falls to me.

Thoughts??? I'm probably going to be spanked... but I might as well be spanked by the best! :wink: :lol:
is this a start 2 qb league?

the only thing i like that you are receiving is romo...

moreno = grant
welker > 1.10
royal > moss

short term grant might be better, but what if green bay drafts a RB this year? anything outside of the top 8 this year will be a crapshoot... but maybe you get lucky.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:06 am

I think it's even although I'm not sure I would have dealt Moreno for the upgrade at QB.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:14 am

thewhyterabbit wrote:
yumbo wrote:Hi Guys. I finaly traded Moreno in a huge deal in on of my leagues that Ive been posting about. 12 team 0.5 pts/Rec. I was 11-2 last year. Lost in the playoffs. Here's the deal:

is this a start 2 qb league?

the only thing i like that you are receiving is romo...

moreno = grant
welker > 1.10
royal > moss

short term grant might be better, but what if green bay drafts a RB this year? anything outside of the top 8 this year will be a crapshoot... but maybe you get lucky.
Hey Spencer. I really wanted to upgrade my QB situation. It is only a 1 start QB, but with Ben on suspension watch, I loved getting Romo. Plus, Ben played waaaay better than I expected last season. I don't know if he would've continued that or fall back to the pack.
Moreno = Grant is obviously debatable. But, I don't need to have Grant as a main RB, so even if they draft a RB, it shouldn't affect him this year.
Welker is definitely better than the 1.10... but if he doesn't perform like himself untill 2011, i wouldn't use him much anyway.

Royal > S Moss? again, debatable. He wasn't used my McDaniels at all last year. Things written say that could change this season, but what if they draft Bryant? What does that do to Royal's value? Moss' value will go up with McNabb throwing the ball. (At least I hope.)

It was all a gamble. I didn't think I did too badly. I realize that I need to shore up my WR situation.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Ragin Kajun
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Ragin Kajun » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:39 am

You'll need to hit a HR on the 1.10 for this trade to rate as good for you. Getting Palmer really does nothing for you as he is a 3rd stringer on your squad. Giving up Moreno was a significant loss and you are taking a gamble that Welker does not come back as strong as ever. Romo is definitely a big plus especially given BB's issues, but that is not enough reason to give up Moreno and Welker.